[LA3ZA] SV8/LA3ZA part 2

LA3ZA via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin

Jun 14, 2022, 11:52:29 PM6/14/22

LA3ZA Radio & Electronics

SV8/LA3ZA part 2

https://la3za.blogspot.com/2022/06/sv8la3za-part-2.html

Below is a map showing contacts made from Pythagorio, Samos, early June
2022 using FT8. I tried to contact as many entities (~countries) as
possible and got to s total of 55. The main band was 30 m, secondarily 20
m. 40 m and 17 m were also used.
My quarter-wave antenna @ 30m, shown to the left in the image, performed
well, despite the high noise level from the adjacent high-voltage line. The
image is in the direction of Turkey (South-East), which is not visible at
the time of the image.
I tried 6 m also, but despite being able to tune the antenna for 6 m and
that I heard stations, I never made a contact for that band.
Overall, I'm very happy with the result.