haplogy (itself a haplology of haplology)

henh...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2022, 8:29:01 PM11/13/22
haplology is a word that's screaming
-------- Pls, do this operation ON ME !!!

Is there another word (or Term) like it ?

_________________________

haplogy (itself a haplology of haplology)

hap·lol·o·gy [hapˈläləjē]
NOUN
the omission of one occurrence of a sound or syllable that is repeated within a word,
for example probly for probably.

haplo- Ancient Greek ἁπλόος (haplóos, “single, simple”).

Japanese: 重音脱落 (jūondatsuraku)

Edward Murphy

Nov 20, 2022, 3:26:51 PM11/20/22
"Heterological".

henh...@gmail.com

Nov 20, 2022, 3:56:19 PM11/20/22
there are few things in the world that are as heterological (autological) as

1. haplology

2. sesquipedalian

3. -- This is the kind of arrant pedantry up with which I will not put.

>>> One of his sentences was rearranged to comply with the preposition rule. An irate Churchill responded with one of the following ripostes:
-- This is the sort of bloody nonsense up with which I will not put.
-- This is the kind of arrant pedantry up with which I will not put.
-- This is the type of impertinence up with which I shall not put.

------------------ which one , exactly ?