Gamma (factorial) function ------- (Galactic Alphabet)

henh...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2022, 2:15:34 PM7/27/22
https://i.redd.it/fbnsyfvp5id91.png ( _losopher of _sic in _na ........ )

https://i.redd.it/z6upqe5abzd91.jpg (inter- Galactic Alphabet)

Are the following X values commonly known ?

x ! = 4
x ! = 25
x ! = 100
x ! = 10000

Edward Murphy

Jul 31, 2022, 3:25:09 PM7/31/22
Googling "inverse gamma function" leads to:

https://mathoverflow.net/questions/12828/inverse-gamma-function

k = the positive zero of the digamma function, approximately 1.461632
c = sqrt(2*pi)/e - Gamma(k), approximately 0.036534
L(x) = ln((x+c)/sqrt(2*pi))
W(x) = Lambert W function
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lambert_W_function
ApproxInvGamma(x) = L(x)/W(L(x)/e) + 1/2

There are also some code excerpts/links to compute all this stuff.

Phil Carmody

Aug 3, 2022, 10:42:29 AM8/3/22
Edward Murphy <emur...@zoho.com> writes:
> On 7/27/2022 11:15 AM, henh...@gmail.com wrote:
>> https://i.redd.it/fbnsyfvp5id91.png ( _losopher of _sic in _na
>> _ght about the _ances of _tch )

phi mu chi tau nu pi

>> https://i.redd.it/z6upqe5abzd91.jpg (inter- Galactic Alphabet)

Namely: splat1 splat2 splat3 splat4 splat5 splat5 splat4 splat6 splat3

I'm guessing they're not intergalactic at all, being completely
anglocentric, and aiming for "intellect".

Phil
--
We are no longer hunters and nomads. No longer awed and frightened, as we have
gained some understanding of the world in which we live. As such, we can cast

henh...@gmail.com

Aug 3, 2022, 1:19:29 PM8/3/22
On Wednesday, August 3, 2022 at 7:42:29 AM UTC-7, Phil Carmody wrote:
> Edward Murphy <emur...@zoho.com> writes:
> > On 7/27/2022 11:15 AM, henh...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> https://i.redd.it/fbnsyfvp5id91.png ( _losopher of _sic in _na
> >> _ght about the _ances of _tch )
>
> phi mu chi tau nu pi

i tend to think that [teach about] is often Chinese or Japanese...

------------- “This legislation would ensure that students in New York State schools are taught about the historical contributions of Asian Americans,... .3 hours ago

> >> https://i.redd.it/z6upqe5abzd91.jpg (inter- Galactic Alphabet)
> Namely: splat1 splat2 splat3 splat4 splat5 splat5 splat4 splat6 splat3
>
> I'm guessing they're not intergalactic at all, being completely anglocentric, ...

is this easy to guess? (Where does one start?)

(assuming it's English, Gold-Bug cipher) i saw this repeat ( |: |: ) and guessed that it's
EE or TT, OO, ...

Edward Murphy

Aug 7, 2022, 6:13:50 PM8/7/22

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Standard_Galactic_Alphabet_reference_transliteration.jpg