Pedantle

Richard Tobin

Aug 6, 2022, 3:20:03 PM8/6/22
There may be some here who have not yet come across

https://cemantle.herokuapp.com/pedantle

a daily puzzle where you have to discover a Wikipedia page.

-- Richard

Richard Heathfield

Aug 6, 2022, 5:31:40 PM8/6/22
It only took me 140 guesses and a month and a half.

But I must concede it was a very different kind of puzzle.
Overall I'd give it +2 (both thumbs).

I found #pedantle #80 in 140 guesses!
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧🟥🟥🟥🟥🟥
https://cemantle.herokuapp.com/pedantle

--
Richard Heathfield
Email: rjh at cpax dot org dot uk

Stephen Perry

Aug 6, 2022, 6:49:33 PM8/6/22
where's the 'like' button on this thing

Richard Heathfield

Sep 4, 2022, 4:41:50 PM9/4/22
On 06/08/2022 10:31 pm, Richard Heathfield wrote:
> On 06/08/2022 8:15 pm, Richard Tobin wrote:
>> There may be some here who have not yet come across
>>
>>    https://cemantle.herokuapp.com/pedantle
>>
>> a daily puzzle where you have to discover a Wikipedia page.
>
> It only took me 140 guesses and a month and a half.
>
> But I must concede it was a very different kind of puzzle.
> Overall I'd give it +2 (both thumbs).
>
> I found #pedantle #80 in 140 guesses!
> 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧🟧🟥🟥🟥🟥🟥
> https://cemantle.herokuapp.com/pedantle

Today's - #109 - in just eight guesses. I suppose one improves
with practice.

Richard Tobin

Sep 5, 2022, 3:30:03 PM9/5/22
In article <tf32ib$3aigb$1...@dont-email.me>,
Richard Heathfield <r...@cpax.org.uk> wrote:

>Today's - #109 - in just eight guesses. I suppose one improves
>with practice.

Practice only helps so much - I had never heard of the previous
one.

But #110 - 5 guesses.

-- Richard

Richard Heathfield

Sep 5, 2022, 5:46:08 PM9/5/22
Oh! No pressure, then.

BRB... You might want to start a drumroll about... now.

<...some time later...>

Never mind; as you were. 37 guesses (sigh).