(real-life Puzzles) -- NYC (classical) music culture in the 1920's. (Aeolian Hall)

henh...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2022, 2:45:24 AM8/22/22

I have a few questions about NYC music culture in the 1920's.

For example, did many men in the audience wear hats during the Piano concerts ?

Can I email or call someone to ask questions like the following
about the Aeolian Hall in NYC ?

Piano concert at Aeolian Hall (NYC) in 1927 (1924--1929 or so)
----------- Was it Free Admission ?

-------- (e.g.) This announcement below doesn't
even mention anything about "Donations" etc.

Could it be that the Admission (ticket) price was standard (like $10 or
$20 in today's money), so it wasn't mentioned?

https://archive.org/stream/perkinsschoolfo153108perk/perkinsschoolfo153108perk_djvu.txt

> Monday evening in Aeolian Hall Beryl Rubinstein will play
Schumann's Phantasie in C, the Bach-Busoni organ prelude in E flat,
Beethoven's twelve variations on a Russian dance tune and shorter
numbers by Debussy, Liszt, Stravinsky and
Albeniz, ............................

----------- Why doesn't it say WHAT TIME in the evening ?

------- Aeolian Hall is today most famous for being
the venue at which Gershwin's [Rhapsody in Blue]
premiered (with Gershwin at the Piano) in 1924.

i'd also like to collect other tidbits (factoids) about the Aeolian Hall --
-- like ...
it's on the 3rd floor
it seats 1100

Other famous performances? or Lectures? --- did Lennon ever go there ?

Thank you for any help or hints. HH