It's not funny

leflynn

Nov 2, 2015, 7:11:58 PM11/2/15
Eschew recidivism
Illinois
Pasadena driver
Easter dinner
Bad start to a vacation
Nice place to sit
Some think it makes up for "Short on Brains"
Slap on the wrist
Enjoyable work

If you give a spoiler for one of these,
then provide a clue for a new one.

With credit for the initial idea to Randolph Ross.

L. Flynn

James Dow Allen

Nov 3, 2015, 6:54:45 AM11/3/15
Y.B.Y.

-- James

PuzzleScot

Nov 4, 2015, 5:34:00 AM11/4/15
This has sat for over a day with no (real) response, so here's my
brainstorming thoughts, that might give someone an idea...
- songs
- tv episodes or programmes
- films
- games or game episodes

> Eschew recidivism
Going straight

> Illinois
Land of Lincoln

> Pasadena driver
Related to Caltech or LA; City of Roses

> Easter dinner
Simnel cake?

> Bad start to a vacation
Missed flight

> Nice place to sit
Room with a view

> Some think it makes up for "Short on Brains"
Long on brawn

> Slap on the wrist
Minor punishment

> Enjoyable work
Happy days

Title "It's not funny" must be relevant too...

Stumped.

---

leflynn

Nov 4, 2015, 9:51:29 AM11/4/15
On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 5:34:00 AM UTC-5, PuzzleScot wrote:
> On 03/11/2015 00:11, leflynn wrote:
> > Eschew recidivism
> > Illinois
> > Pasadena driver (to the Beach Boys)
> > Easter dinner main course
> > Bad start to a vacation
> > Nice but expensive place to sit
> > Some think it makes up for "Short on Brains"
> > Slap on the wrist
> > Enjoyable work without a need for pay
> >
> > If you give a spoiler for one of these,
> > then provide a clue for a new one.
> >
> > With credit for the initial idea to Randolph Ross.
> >
> > L. Flynn
> >

> > Illinois
> Land of Lincoln
Yes.

> Title "It's not funny" must be relevant too...
Yes.

> Stumped.
Not Entirely.

I'll add another one for you.

Result of poor emergency response

I've made some adjustments to the first set of clues...

henh...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2015, 1:02:36 PM11/4/15
On Monday, November 2, 2015 at 4:11:58 PM UTC-8, leflynn wrote:

> Enjoyable work

this one could be [oxymoron],
like happy hell, recreational mathematics, ...

> If you give a spoiler for one of these,
> then provide a clue for a new one.

This must be a note to discourage the impudent teenager(s),
who spoils (steals) without giving back some to the pot.

HH

James Dow Allen

Nov 4, 2015, 2:06:37 PM11/4/15
On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 5:34:00 PM UTC+7, PuzzleScot wrote:
> This has sat for over a day with no (real) response

:-{ I posted a spoiler.

Qb V unir gb fcryy vg bhg?

Wnzrf

leflynn

Nov 4, 2015, 2:29:23 PM11/4/15
On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 2:06:37 PM UTC-5, James Dow Allen wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 5:34:00 PM UTC+7, PuzzleScot wrote:
> > This has sat for over a day with no (real) response
>
> :-{ I posted a spoiler.
Or at least a cryptic clue to simplify the tasks.

henh...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2015, 2:57:27 PM11/4/15
YBY == Yeah Baby, Yeah
YBY == Your Best Years (skin rejuvination center; Overland Park, KS)

Year by Year

Yahweh Ben Yahweh

Young Birder of the Year

Yoken Bar Yoken

Yarmouth Boat Yard

Why Be Yellow <--------- Is this a song?

YBY === Bonnyville, Alberta, Canada -------- Regional » Airport Codes

HH

John Jones

Nov 5, 2015, 5:13:13 AM11/5/15
On Tue, 3 Nov 2015 03:54:43 -0800 (PST), "James Dow Allen" <jdallen2000
@yahoo.com> wrote in article <2616a0b7-f7ff-4cba-bf24-8f7f095d67c4
@googlegroups.com>...
Aha - it wasnt clear that we had to *do something* to understand this.
Presumably you have resolved lots of lines.
HTH
JJ

leflynn

Nov 15, 2020, 3:58:49 PM11/15/20
Two new spoilers below. Two new ones here:
100 Rabbits' feet
Lifelong student's emotion

On Monday, November 2, 2015 at 7:11:58 PM UTC-5, leflynn wrote:
> Eschew recidivism
> Illinois
Land of Lincoln
> Pasadena driver
Little old Lady
> Easter dinner
Leg of Lamb

leflynn

Jan 2, 2021, 4:39:54 PM1/2/21
On Sunday, November 15, 2020 at 3:58:49 PM UTC-5, leflynn wrote:
> Two new spoilers below. Two new ones here:
> 100 Rabbits' feet
> Lifelong student's emotion
> On Monday, November 2, 2015 at 7:11:58 PM UTC-5, leflynn wrote:
> > Eschew recidivism
> > Illinois
> Land of Lincoln
> > Pasadena driver
> Little old Lady
> > Easter dinner
> Leg of Lamb
> > Bad start to a vacation
> > Some think it makes up for "Short on Brains"
> > Slap on the wrist
> > Enjoyable work
> >
> > If you give a spoiler for one of these,
> > then provide a clue for a new one.
> >
> > With credit for the initial idea to Randolph Ross.
> >
> > L. Flynn
Nice place to sit
Lap of Luxury

Reason for a going out of business sale?

L. Flynn

leflynn

Aug 19, 2021, 2:03:01 PM8/19/21
On Saturday, January 2, 2021 at 4:39:54 PM UTC-5, leflynn wrote:
> On Sunday, November 15, 2020 at 3:58:49 PM UTC-5, leflynn wrote:
> > Two new spoilers below. Two new ones here:
> > 100 Rabbits' feet
Lots of Luck
> > Lifelong student's emotion
Love of Learning
> > On Monday, November 2, 2015 at 7:11:58 PM UTC-5, leflynn wrote:
> > > Eschew recidivism
Learn one's Lesson
> > > Illinois
> > Land of Lincoln
> > > Pasadena driver
> > Little old Lady
> > > Easter dinner
> > Leg of Lamb
> > > Bad start to a vacation
Lost Our Luggage
> > > Some think it makes up for "Short on Brains"
Long on Looks
> > > Slap on the wrist
Let off Lightly
> > > Enjoyable work
Love of Labor

> > > If you give a spoiler for one of these,
> > > then provide a clue for a new one.
> > >
> > > With credit for the initial idea to Randolph Ross.
> > >
> > > L. Flynn
> Nice place to sit
> Lap of Luxury
>
> Reason for a going out of business sale?
Lost our Lease

L. Flynn

leflynn

Oct 14, 2021, 10:57:05 AM10/14/21
On Wednesday, November 4, 2015 at 9:51:29 AM UTC-5, leflynn wrote:

> I'll add another one for you.
>
> Result of poor emergency response
Loss of Life