Common Property

leflynn

Dec 19, 2023, 5:10:06 PM12/19/23
What do these six-letter words have in common?
ATLATL
RECORD
BURDEN
LAXIST
DELUDE
LASHER
MADAMS
MIASMA
If you think you know the answer post another six letter word that shares the property.
L. Flynn

Ilan Mayer

Dec 19, 2023, 6:02:30 PM12/19/23
PATENT

Please reply to ilanlmayer at gmail dot com

__/\__
\ /
__/\\ //\__ Ilan Mayer
\ /
/__ __\ Toronto, Canada
/__ __\

leflynn

Dec 19, 2023, 6:13:02 PM12/19/23
Correct. You had to go pretty far for that one.

Mark Brader

Dec 19, 2023, 7:45:13 PM12/19/23
L.E. Flynn:
(Without reading followups.)

SEASON
--
Mark Brader "People who think for a living have always
Toronto been especially prone to confuse thinking

leflynn

Dec 19, 2023, 9:01:42 PM12/19/23
Yes.
And just for fun, here are some nine letter words...
decathlon
champagne
enchanter
housework
dustcloth
converter
trimester
sideburns
midseason

henh...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2023, 6:10:30 PM12/29/23
having the Common Property = spaceship, friendship, brotherhood

henh...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2024, 11:47:28 PMFeb 3
On Friday, December 29, 2023 at 3:10:30 PM UTC-8, henh...@gmail.com wrote:
> having the Common Property = spaceship, friendship, brotherhood

------------ Did i get this right??? Anyone ????

henh...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2024, 12:30:42 AMFeb 4
There must be at least 5 ppl who can comment on this....

WHY didnt they respond? the most likely reasons are:

1. they didn't see my post of Dec. 29

2. out of respect for (or deference to) the OP who started this thread

3. and/or They too dislike me

Carl G

Feb 4, 2024, 12:12:14 PMFeb 4
My access to newsgroups is usually through "news.eternal-september", not Google Groups. Occasionally I will use Google Groups and find that some messages are not being sent through by eternal-september. I do not know why, but often your messages (from "henh" and others) are being filtered out, either by eternal-september, or by my anti-virus software (AVG). Even when I use Google Groups, the browser's user interface does not allow me to scroll to the bottom of some messages (I use the FireFox browser). With Google discontinuing Usenet group support, I will have to depend on using my newsreader (in Thunderbird) and eternal-september for the feed.

-Carl G.

leflynn

Feb 5, 2024, 2:32:22 PMFeb 5
OK. One of these is a nine-letter word; the other two are not.
The one that is a nine-letter word does not satisfy the common property.
L. Flynn
Spoiler Space
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The common property is that the words are constructed by appending three-letter airport codes.