In Doc Trina Ted

David Dalton

Jan 19, 2023, 12:47:19 AM1/19/23
Wordplay:

In the thread “The war on J.K. Rowling”
on alt.buddha.short.fat.guy , Noah Sombrero wrote
"The whole thing is much too complicated for me. How would I know
whether I have been indoctrinated?”

and I replied

"In Doc Trina Ted? Is Trina Ted two-spirit? :-)”

Note that I define two-spirit differently from transgender.

Transgender has the spirit of one gender in a body
of the opposite sex.

Two-spirit has both male and female sexual harmonics
in either a male body or female body or, rarely, a
hermaphrodite body. Some two-spirit people identify
as non-binary.

I go into more details about that on the Eight Sexual Harmonics
theory subpage of my Salmon on the Thorns webpage.

"I gave my love a golden feather/I gave my love a heart of stone/and when you
find a golden feather/it means you'll never lose your way back home." (R.R.)

Richard Heathfield

Jan 19, 2023, 3:40:30 AM1/19/23
On 19/01/2023 5:47 am, David Dalton wrote:
> Wordplay:
>
> In the thread “The war on J.K. Rowling”
> on alt.buddha.short.fat.guy , Noah Sombrero wrote
> "The whole thing is much too complicated for me. How would I know
> whether I have been indoctrinated?”
>
> and I replied
>
> "In Doc Trina Ted? Is Trina Ted two-spirit? :-)”

That's so hilarious you should post it to
alt.humor.best-of-usenet. They haven't had a good laugh since 2014.

--
Richard Heathfield
Email: rjh at cpax dot org dot uk

David Dalton

Jan 19, 2023, 4:17:20 AM1/19/23
On Jan 19, 2023, Richard Heathfield wrote
(in article <tqaqfv$3afe7$1...@dont-email.me>):

> On 19/01/2023 5:47 am, David Dalton wrote:
> > Wordplay:
> >
> > In the thread “The war on J.K. Rowling”
> > on alt.buddha.short.fat.guy , Noah Sombrero wrote
> > "The whole thing is much too complicated for me. How would I know
> > whether I have been indoctrinated?”
> >
> > and I replied
> >
> > "In Doc Trina Ted? Is Trina Ted two-spirit? :-)”
>
> That's so hilarious you should post it to
> alt.humor.best-of-usenet. They haven't had a good laugh since 2014.

Ha, but of course that group, and rec.humor.funny, have
been abandoned by their moderators since 2014.

Phil Carmody

Jan 19, 2023, 5:39:42 PM1/19/23
David Dalton <dal...@nfld.com> writes:
> Wordplay:
>
> In the thread “The war on J.K. Rowling”
> on alt.buddha.short.fat.guy , Noah Sombrero wrote
> "The whole thing is much too complicated for me. How would I know
> whether I have been indoctrinated?”
>
> and I replied
>
> "In Doc Trina Ted? Is Trina Ted two-spirit? :-)”

A simple redivision of the letters into words is technically
an anagram, but they're rarely of interest as they don't
generally make much sense. E.g. see above.

> Note that I define two-spirit differently from transgender.

Youngsters bashed a cow! =
Gay teaches bonus words =
Bogus ten-yard showcase =
Guess what, nobody cares.

Phil
--
We are no longer hunters and nomads. No longer awed and frightened, as we have
gained some understanding of the world in which we live. As such, we can cast

Anton Shepelev

Jan 20, 2023, 3:15:59 PM1/20/23
David Dalton:

> Ha, but of course that group, and rec.humor.funny, have
> been abandoned by their moderators since 2014.

Indeed. I made my last submission to RHF in 2017, and it
was silently ignored:

How to read reviews:
https://pastebin.com/raw/WCT6YwCv
/\ www.asciiribbon.org -- against proprietary attachments

Jonathan Dushoff

Jan 20, 2023, 8:43:08 PM1/20/23
On Friday, January 20, 2023 at 6:39:42 AM UTC+8, Phil Carmody wrote:

> A simple redivision of the letters into words is technically
> an anagram, but they're rarely of interest as they don't
> generally make much sense. E.g. see above.

There is a well-known redivision phrase, though: The “notable” doctor was “not able” to operate, because the room had “no table”.

Jonathan

Richard Heathfield

Jan 22, 2023, 3:18:28 AM1/22/23
If the doctor is sufficiently notable, they'll find him a table.

Eric Sosman

Jan 22, 2023, 7:56:00 AM1/22/23
On 1/22/2023 3:18 AM, Richard Heathfield wrote:
> On 21/01/2023 1:43 am, Jonathan Dushoff wrote:
>> On Friday, January 20, 2023 at 6:39:42 AM UTC+8, Phil Carmody wrote:
>>
>>> A simple redivision of the letters into words is technically
>>> an anagram, but they're rarely of interest as they don't
>>> generally make much sense. E.g. see above.
>>
>> There is a well-known redivision phrase, though: The “notable” doctor
>> was “not able” to operate, because the room had “no table”.
>
> If the doctor is sufficiently notable, they'll find him a table.

Or perhaps a couch, if he's Psycho the rapist.

--
eso...@comcast-dot-net.invalid
Look on my code, ye Hackers, and guffaw!

Richard Heathfield

Jan 22, 2023, 9:10:14 PM1/22/23
On 22/01/2023 12:55 pm, Eric Sosman wrote:
> On 1/22/2023 3:18 AM, Richard Heathfield wrote:
>> On 21/01/2023 1:43 am, Jonathan Dushoff wrote:

>>> There is a well-known redivision phrase, though: The “notable”
>>> doctor was “not able” to operate, because the room had “no
>>> table”.
>>
>> If the doctor is sufficiently notable, they'll find him a table.
>
> Or perhaps a couch, if he's Psycho the rapist.

Some genuine Web sites (I haven't checked whether the sites are
still up):

expertsexchange.com (like stackexchange.com, I suppose)
penisland.net (online stationer)
therapistfinder.com (therapist resource)
whorepresents.com (for finding celebrities' agents)

There's probably a word for this kind of anagram (where the work
is already done for you). Anyone?

Carl G.

Jan 23, 2023, 12:15:20 AM1/23/23
On 1/22/2023 6:10 PM, Richard Heathfield wrote:
> On 22/01/2023 12:55 pm, Eric Sosman wrote:

>>> If the doctor is sufficiently notable, they'll find him a table.
>>
>> Or perhaps a couch, if he's Psycho the rapist.
>
> Some genuine Web sites (I haven't checked whether the sites are still up):
>
> expertsexchange.com (like stackexchange.com, I suppose)
> penisland.net (online stationer)
> therapistfinder.com (therapist resource)
> whorepresents.com (for finding celebrities' agents)
>

> There's probably a word for this kind of anagram (where the work is
> already done for you). Anyone?

This kind of anagram is sometimes called a redivider.

This is easy to remember, since "redivider" is a palindrome.

--
Carl G.

www.avg.com

Phil Carmody

Jan 23, 2023, 6:38:25 AM1/23/23
"Carl G." <carl...@microprizes.com> writes:
> On 1/22/2023 6:10 PM, Richard Heathfield wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^

> This kind of anagram is sometimes called a redivider.

Confirmed. That was strangely missing from the alt.anagrams FAQ.
I've submitted a change to the maintainer. Hat-tip to you both.

Anton Shepelev

Jan 24, 2023, 4:31:07 AM1/24/23
Jonathan Dushoff:

> The "notable" doctor was "not able" to operate, because
> the room had "no table".

I book a sponsored had something like: "An arrow pointing
down a narrow path."

Anton Shepelev

Feb 10, 2023, 7:58:16 AM2/10/23
Jonathan Dushoff:

> There is a well-known redivision phrase, though: The
> "notable" doctor was "not able" to operate, because the
> room had "no table".

Also, musical group "Blues Crew."