can you put crayfish with goldfish

BESSIE BENNETT

May 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/22/98

Ken Arnold

May 22, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/22/98
to BESSIE BENNETT

BESSIE BENNETT wrote:

not a good idea,crayfish eat fish while they sleep
if they dont get enough to eat.

--
Ken Arnold,

KenCo Fish & Supplies Pond and Aquarium fish,
***** May special on named Lilies,$12.00 ea. *****
Shipping plants/fish etc. a specialty
Imported & domestic Koi,Goldfish,Orandas,Tropicals,exotics, Piranhas
etc.
http://www.kencofish.com mailto:ke...@kencofish.com

Jester

May 25, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/25/98

It depends on if you wish to keep your goldfish alive. The crayfish
(crawdads ) will eat your goldfish.
BESSIE BENNETT wrote in message
<6k4m75$d71$1...@newsd-134.iap.bryant.webtv.net>...

Cynthia Williamson

May 26, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/26/98

Even after they are well fed, crayfish will soon take to snipping off
your lily leaves!

Cindy in Co

no...@mail.tcbi.com

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

I've been told the best scavengers to use are clams, snails, and tadpoles. All
of which eat algae, decaying vegetation and other less desirable thingies. I
haven't got my pond finished yet so I'm still investigating myself.

The drawbacks I've heard are:
Dead clams will foul the water
Snails may eat fish eggs
The tadpoles have to be replaced every two years. (They turn into frogs.)

I'd be interested in hearing someone's success/distress stories.

--------

In article <6k4m75$d71$1...@newsd-134.iap.bryant.webtv.net>,

Mike Bernardoni

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

Hi..All you need in a pond is FISH..Koi and Goldfish are excellent
scavengers..adding additional creatures do nothing but add extra chance
for disease and parasites..Mike

Derek Broughton, Coco & Donka

May 28, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/28/98

Mike Bernardoni wrote in message <356D91EE...@pso.siu.edu>...

Well, personally, I think a pond without a dog in it (at least
occasionally) is a waste.

Right, RosieDawg?

--
Derek (mailto:dbroughton@@usa.net)
* This message has been anti-spammed - sorry *

Kthirty

May 29, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/29/98

>>The tadpoles have to be replaced every two years. (They turn into frogs.)<<

But they come back home with the girlfriend. They have wild noisy parties all
night long and do scandalous things in the pond.
Then they take off, all hungover, and leave you to raise their poor abandoned
babies.

And a pond without a dog in it is...... pond owner who is calm, relaxed and not
manic. Never here so we won't worry about that.
*The truth I do not stretch or shove - when I state the dog is full of love.
I've also proved, by actual test, a wet dog is the lovingest. Ogden Nash*

Kathy Thirtyacre and Rosie, the watergardening and fishing labrador and her
apprentice labrador Heidi Honey Petunia, zone 7

http://members.aol.com/cg30a/cg1.html
http://members.aol.com/jj30a/30acrephoto.html

Kellie

May 31, 1998, 3:00:00 AM5/31/98

Yes, if you don't mind his eating some.

BESSIE BENNETT wrote:

--
Always be kind to animals, Morning, noon and night: