Varialble speed pump

San Diego Joe

Feb 4, 2013, 6:48:39 PM2/4/13
I'm thinking about buying a new variable speed pump. (http://www.pentairpoo
l.com/pool-pro/products/product.php?idv) My thinking is that I can set
it to move less water at night, saving electricity and more when I'm out th
ere enjoying the pond. Any opinions?

San Diego Joe
4000-5000 gallons
A few Koi & a red-eared slider

~ jan

Feb 5, 2013, 9:42:32 AM2/5/13
Hi Joe,

Interesting concept. Not sure exactly which pump I should click on or if
the WhisperFlo pictured was it?

Sounds good if your idea of slow isn't starving the filter or fish of O2.

I use 2 pumps, one for the season, and one for winter, but I'm sure
plugging them in and out is what you're trying to avoid. ~ jan
------------
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us

dr-...@wi.rr.com

Feb 8, 2013, 10:23:14 AM2/8/13
If a waterfall is your main source of oxygenation, then night is when the plants use
oxygen and if there is green water, lots of algae, that is when the plants can use up
all the oxygen if the water is really warm, then the fish will die.
Ingrid

On Tue, 5 Feb 2013 09:42:32 EST, ~ jan <Seewe...@jjspond.us> wrote:

>On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 18:48:39 EST, San Diego Joe <j...@bizqwick.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm thinking about buying a new variable speed pump. (http://www.pentairpoo
>>l.com/pool-pro/products/product.php?idv) My thinking is that I can set
>>it to move less water at night, saving electricity and more when I'm out th
>>ere enjoying the pond. Any opinions?
Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan
on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago