Re: Photographic slides to Digital Photos

Tom Russell

Mar 3, 2005, 2:21:14 AM3/3/05
Owamanga wrote:
> On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 09:13:52 -0500, Stephen Blakley
> <acem...@optonline.net> wrote:
>

>>Can anyone tell me the best way for an average person to change (a lot)
>>of photographic slides to digital format?
>>
>>Many, many thanks in advance.
>

> Go on Ebay, buy a slide-scanner, scan the slides, sell the slide
> scanner on ebay again.
>
> If a significant number of the slides are *not* kodachrome, then
> choose a slide scanner that can perform an IR anti-dust pass/process
> such as Digital ICE.
>
> Can of air is useful, and a pair of cloth or latex gloves if scanning
> negatives.
>
> Note of warning: Scanning 50 or more slides is incredibly boring. I've
> done 300 in the last month and I feel like I need to kill a small dog.
>

> --
> Owamanga!

300 in a month?

i work in a photo-processing lab. I do 300 a DAY.

I want to kill a large family of dogs.

Owamanga

Mar 3, 2005, 9:45:31 AM3/3/05
On Wed, 02 Mar 2005 23:21:14 -0800, Tom Russell
<kal...@nildram.co.uk> wrote:

>Owamanga wrote:
>>
>> Note of warning: Scanning 50 or more slides is incredibly boring. I've
>> done 300 in the last month and I feel like I need to kill a small dog.
>>

>300 in a month?
>
>i work in a photo-processing lab. I do 300 a DAY.
>
>I want to kill a large family of dogs.

Dammit, that reminds me, I've got another couple of hundred still to
do. I guess it'll have to be a cat next time.

--
Owamanga!