1917 Kodak No. 2 Folding Cartridge Premo Aperture Question

Grant

Jul 16, 2003, 3:38:37 AM7/16/03
I have recently come across a Kodak No 2 Folding Cartridge Premo camera
from 1917. It takes 120 film and shoots a 6x9 cm negative. It has
shutter speeds of 1/25, 1/50, B and T. The aperture settings are 1, 2, 3
and 4 with 1 being the largest opening. I am hoping that there is
someone out there who knows the relative aperture of this camera. I
would like to be able to get out of having to run tests in order to
reliably shoot with this camera. I appreciate any help you guys can
offer, I have scoured the net for this info and you guys are my last
hope before testing.

Thanks.
grant.

Laura Halliday

Jul 16, 2003, 11:31:49 AM7/16/03
Grant <gr...@fullfx.com> wrote in message news:<tYWdnc2ob8n...@comcast.com>...

Give me a break! Figuring out how an old camera works
is part of the fun.

You'll have to test the shutter speed anyway. Do you
really think it's still going to be accurate after
all these years?

Laura Halliday VE7LDH "Que les nuages soient notre
Grid: CN89mg pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W - Hospital/Shafte

Kiyu

Jul 16, 2003, 2:58:14 PM7/16/03

Grant,

Try this outstanding site;
http://members.aol.com/Chuck02178/brownie.htm

Click on f stops and shutter speeds.
This is for the Brownie folders but I think it is accurate for all the old
folding Kodaks.
This is one of the best old camera sites I have found and it is easy to spend an
awful lot of time nosing around there.

Kiyu

Grant

Jul 16, 2003, 3:29:27 PM7/16/03
Kiyu wrote:
> Grant,
>
> Try this outstanding site;
> http://members.aol.com/Chuck02178/brownie.htm
>
> Click on f stops and shutter speeds.
> This is for the Brownie folders but I think it is accurate for all the old
> folding Kodaks.
> This is one of the best old camera sites I have found and it is easy to spend an
> awful lot of time nosing around there.
>
> Kiyu

There it was, a aperture estimation list for all the old cameras. Thanks
alot.

grant.

Lyle Gordon

Jul 18, 2003, 9:40:05 PM7/18/03
im not 100% sure but i think its f/11, f/16, f/22, f/32

i think this is what it is on my kodak VPK and the kodak rotary shutter on
my VPK is very accurate at over 80 years old though it only has 1 speed,
1/50th

-Lyle