Portra Negative Film

T.L. Pope-Green

Feb 19, 2003, 8:22:10 PM2/19/03
Can this film be used in a regular 35 mm camera and can it be developed at
any photo lab. It is the professional version.
Thanks

--
~Have a wonderful day!~
Love, TINA

Michael A. Covington

Feb 19, 2003, 8:57:35 PM2/19/03

"T.L. Pope-Green" <ptb0...@mail.wvnet.edu> wrote in message

> Can this film be used in a regular 35 mm camera and can it be developed at
> any photo lab. It is the professional version.
> Thanks

Yes.

Kevin

Feb 20, 2003, 12:36:52 AM2/20/03
On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 20:22:10 -0500, "T.L. Pope-Green"
<ptb0...@mail.wvnet.edu> wrote:

>Can this film be used in a regular 35 mm camera and can it be developed at
>any photo lab. It is the professional version.
>Thanks

Yes it can be developed anywhere, however from experience, it does
seem to turn out better using the Kodak processing, as opposed to the
'in-house' brand. But that is just from my past use (I primarily use
Portra 400UC and 160NC and supra as a daily film)

Have fun

Bill Tuthill

Feb 22, 2003, 10:25:37 AM2/22/03
Kevin <alliw...@email.com> wrote:

> (I primarily use Portra 400UC and 160NC and supra as a daily film)

How would you compare Portra 400UC with Supra 400?

Kevin

Feb 23, 2003, 12:41:17 AM2/23/03

Portra has a slightly finer grain and is more vivid on colors. When
Kodak says it POPS it really does. the saturation is intense. I find
it is able to be pushed 1 stop without much loss in contrast or color.
the skin tones are acceptable. Where as supra is very 'crisp', not
quite as saturated. Skin tones are sometimes reddish. i mostly try
and keep this one for everything else but people.

(hope this helps) I am running on no sleep.