Right-Angle Adapter

Rebecca

Jan 26, 2004, 1:07:13 PM1/26/04
Does anyone know where I can get a 52mm right-angle adapter? The type that
looks like a lense but will allow you to shoot a picture in one direction
while it looks like you are pointing your lense in another. I've been
watching eBay and searching the web but no luck. Is there another name for
it?

Thanks.

--
http://rebecca.starthinker.com

-xiray-

Jan 26, 2004, 2:02:56 PM1/26/04
On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:07:13 -0600, "Rebecca"
<reb...@starthinker.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know where I can get a 52mm right-angle adapter? The type that
>looks like a lense but will allow you to shoot a picture in one direction
>while it looks like you are pointing your lense in another. I've been
>watching eBay and searching the web but no luck. Is there another name for
>it?
>
>Thanks.

Last time I saw a lens like that for a 35mm camera was 20 years ago.

You're right, my quick Google search says seems to indicate that they
would be hard to come by... but there's at least one lens sold for
video cameras (promoted as a spy tool on some sites).

Michael J. Moline

Jan 26, 2004, 5:10:13 PM1/26/04
Here you go
http://www.cameragear.com/rightanglelenses.asp
"Rebecca" <reb...@starthinker.com> wrote in message

Paul

Feb 3, 2004, 4:18:02 AM2/3/04

"Rebecca" <reb...@starthinker.com> wrote in message
Its also known as the PURVY SCOPE because it was widely used by DOM's to
PURV on people in public places.

Paul

Freemale

Feb 3, 2004, 10:26:52 AM2/3/04
When I was a younger man. (No not that many years ago) I made myself one
from a toilet roll, glue, black paint and a make up mirror. It was very good
and simple to do. I finished mine off with a close up lens attached to the
front so that it looked like a normal lens. It was great for taking real
candid photos.

"Paul" <spam-t...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

KBob

Feb 4, 2004, 7:58:27 PM2/4/04
<reb...@starthinker.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know where I can get a 52mm right-angle adapter? The type that
>looks like a lense but will allow you to shoot a picture in one direction
>while it looks like you are pointing your lense in another. I've been
>watching eBay and searching the web but no luck. Is there another name for
>it?
>
>Thanks.

An easy item to find. Adorama carries one, it's called the "Adorama
Mirror Scope" and it lists in my catalog for $37.50 (Cat #1NMS). It
is shown as being available in 46, 49, 52, 55, 58 and 62mm (specify
when ordering). I've also seen them in the Cambridge listings from
time to time.

Michael J. Moline

Feb 10, 2004, 9:11:18 AM2/10/04
Try this link