Internet Printing

1 view

Den Murray

Jan 5, 2004, 3:50:30 PM1/5/04
Hi

Happy New Year

I've just moved to the US (CA) from Europe, and so don't have as much local
knowledge as I'd like. Can you folks help me? I'm looking for a reliable,
quality, low-cost Internet based digital picture printing service, for low
volumes of small 6"x4"pictures (typically 10-30 at a time). I hope asking
for reliable *and* quality *and* low-cost wasn't too much! Any
recommendations?

Cheers

Den

Paolo Pizzi

Jan 5, 2004, 8:42:57 PM1/5/04
Den Murray wrote:

Welcome to California (recently renamed "Kahleeffoanya" by
our muscular new governor... :-) ) Despite what people say, it's
still a fantastic place to live and one of the most diverse in the US.

This is my personal recommendation. They're not the cheapest
(yet not a lot pricier than their competitors) but they're definitely
among the very best. Give them a try.

http://www.kellards.com

Crownfield

Jan 5, 2004, 11:59:59 PM1/5/04

also consider costco wholesale clubs.
4x6 print for 0.19 each.

> Cheers
>
> Den

Den Murray

Jan 6, 2004, 12:37:50 AM1/6/04
Paolo

Many thanks for this.

OT: I just wanted Gray Davies to say "I'll be back", after he lost!

Cheers

"Paolo Pizzi" <paolopiz...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

JC Dill

Jan 6, 2004, 11:07:57 AM1/6/04

The links below are from my bookmarks file. So far, I've been happy
with Club Photo and Shutterfly, unhappy with Snapfish, and haven't
tried any of the others myself, yet.

Many of these sites offer a number of free 4x6 prints (you pay for
shipping) when you sign up. You may want to select a certain print as
your "test print" and order it (along with anything else you want
printed) as you order prints from each site, and then you can directly
compare how well they did with your "test print" to tell which sites
produce prints that work best for your needs.

HTH

jc

<dl><p>
<dt><a HREF="http://www.clubphoto.com/?">Club Photo -
High-quality prints and on-line photo sharing!</a>
<dt><a
HREF="http://www.shutterfly.com/home/signin_newuser.jsp">Welcome to
Shutterfly</a>
<dt><a
HREF="http://www.shutterfly.com/store/phototime/index.jsp">Shutterfly
| PhotoTime</a>
<dt><a HREF="http://www.bonusprint.com/us/">Bonusprint
prints digital camera images onto photographic paper</a>

<dt><a HREF="http://www.ofoto.com/Welcome.jsp">Ofoto
The easiest way to share your photos and get high-quality prints</a>
<dt><a HREF="http://www.snapfish.com/">Welcome to
Snapfish</a>
<dt><a HREF="http://www.xpphoto.com/">XPPHOTO -Your
Online Digital Photo finishing Store</a>
<dt><a HREF="http://www.pephoto.com/">Photo Experts:
Total Photo Solutions</a>
<dt><a
HREF="http://www.ritzpix.com/login/index.asp">RitzPIX.com</a>

<dt><a HREF="http://www.kellards.com/">Kellards
Quality Photo Sales and Service</a>
<dt><a HREF="http://www.togophoto.com/">To Go Photo -
High Quality Digital Photos only 18¢ per print!</a>

<hr>
<dt><a
HREF="http://www.photographersedge.com/">Photographer's Edge--Do It
Yourself Greeting Cards</a>
<dt><a
HREF="http://www.jumbogiant.com/services/tips.html">Tips -
JumboGiant</a>
<dt><a
HREF="http://www.printingforless.com/indexm.html">Color Printing of
Brochures Postcards and Business Cards</a>
</dl><p>

Ray Normandeau

Jan 7, 2004, 1:06:36 PM1/7/04
"Den Murray" <n...@nul.nul> wrote in message news:<q6kKb.53359$E17....@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>...

> Hi
>
> Happy New Year
>
> I've just moved to the US (CA) from Europe, and so don't have as much local
> knowledge as I'd like. Can you folks help me? I'm looking for a reliable,
> quality, low-cost Internet based digital picture printing service, for low
> volumes of small 6"x4"pictures (typically 10-30 at a time).

The two labs we use are:
http://www.pephoto.com/ 15 cents
http://www.xpphoto.com/ 17 cents
real photo paper, real lab prints

------------------
Long Distance =<2.9 Cents Per Minute, no other fee:
https://www.onesuite.com/ Promotion Code 034720367
gives you some free minutes. USA 2.5-2.9 CPM, Canada 2.5-3.5
Will work on cell phones! Fantastic international rates!

scott

Jan 7, 2004, 8:59:42 PM1/7/04
In article <OQrKb.23$Dt4...@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>,
"Den Murray" <n...@nul.nul> wrote:

> Paolo
>
> Many thanks for this.
>
> OT: I just wanted Gray Davies to say "I'll be back", after he lost!
>
> Cheers

Actually, his name was/still is Gray Davis. You probably have him
confused with the late Marion Davies ... another over rated glamour
queen from the 1930s.

Paolo Pizzi

Jan 8, 2004, 3:04:53 AM1/8/04
scott wrote:

> Actually, his name was/still is Gray Davis. You probably have him
> confused with the late Marion Davies ... another over rated glamour
> queen from the 1930s.

You're right, unlike Davis, Schwarzy is not a "glamour queen"
but a level-headed, reputable Shakespearian actor...

Den Murray

Jan 9, 2004, 2:20:33 AM1/9/04
:)

oops!

I guess I can hold my hands up and say I'm a recent immigrant and am still
learning!

"scott" <sush...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Photogirl

Jan 21, 2004, 11:10:10 PM1/21/04
"Den Murray" <n...@nul.nul> wrote in message news:<q6kKb.53359$E17....@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>...

Oh, I just love Costco. They actually use Kodak, but don't charge
Kodak prices. They are very reasonable. .24 for 4x6, .75 for 5x7, 1.99
for 8x10 and 11x14 is only something like 5.00 or 6.00. Shipping is
1.50, no matter what you get. I'm not sure if you have to have a
membership to do the online stuff(their prices are even cheaper at
their warehouse, if there is one in your town), but if you are really
professional and use backdrops to take portraits, you will have to get
a form letter from them to fill out. It states that you are the
photographer and you are not asking them to print pictures from a
studio without the studio's permission. They would not let me print a
whole bunch of pictures the first few times until I sent the form
back. I guess my pictures looked good enough to be studio pictures. It
did my ego good, even if I was miffed.

Good luck,

Photo Girl

P.S. Walgreens will print 4x6 for 20 cents each if you do at least 50,
but you have to go into the store. Walmart is reasonable too, you can
do that one online and pick them up at the store and not have to pay
shipping.

VCanfield

Jan 21, 2004, 11:23:40 PM1/21/04
"Den Murray" <n...@nul.nul> wrote in message news:<q6kKb.53359$E17....@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>...

Forget to tell you the address is costco.com. The prices were more
than I remember for the 8x10 it is 2.59 and the 11x14 is 8.00

Photo Girl

George Bedford

Jan 25, 2004, 12:29:15 AM1/25/04
"Den Murray" <n...@nul.nul> wrote in message news:<q6kKb.53359$E17....@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>...

Can't beat bonusprint.com's prices. It's what I use.

George

tracy

Jan 26, 2004, 2:42:43 PM1/26/04
Has anyone tried www.kellards.com ? I have tried them because they has
this 15 free print promotion and I was very happy with their quality
and service. They use Kodak Royal Paper which has a good feel and the
colors and quality were amazing.
I have used snapfish in the past but lately became very unhappy with
there quality so I went shopping for another lab, it seems like I
found a good one!

Hyun

Jan 26, 2004, 5:27:53 PM1/26/04
"Den Murray" <n...@nul.nul> wrote in message news:<q6kKb.53359$E17....@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>...

I have limited experience with Shutterfly but let me relay one
experience regarding customer service (other than being affordable
with good quality) that we had with Ofoto before the Christmas
holiday.

My wife had ordered a box of photo Christmas cards from Ofoto. When
they arrived, they were a bit dark to say the least - she did not send
the corrected jpg file that I created. In any case, it was a Thursday
and she sent an email asking if they could do anything and get it to
us fast. Well you know what. They overnighted on Saturday (of the same
week!) a new box of pictures for free! Free delivery too. We got the
pictures on Monday and they improved the pictures also. One word:
awesome customer service!

I hope this helps.

Arthur Lee
http://www.best-digital-photos.com/index1

tracy

Jan 27, 2004, 11:12:36 AM1/27/04
in...@best-digital-photos.com (Hyun) wrote in message news:<34956260.04012...@posting.google.com>...

> "Den Murray" <n...@nul.nul> wrote in message news:<q6kKb.53359$E17....@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>...
> > Hi
> >
> > Happy New Year
> >
> > I've just moved to the US (CA) from Europe, and so don't have as much local
> > knowledge as I'd like. Can you folks help me? I'm looking for a reliable,
> > quality, low-cost Internet based digital picture printing service, for low
> > volumes of small 6"x4"pictures (typically 10-30 at a time). I hope asking
> > for reliable *and* quality *and* low-cost wasn't too much! Any
> > recommendations?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Den
>
> If you want cheap try www.xpphoto.com or www.pephoto.com @ 17cents If you want reliable plus quality try www.kellards.com I have had great quality prints made from them, they print on Kodak Royal Paper @ .39cents or .29 cents for quantity.
Remember you get what you Pay for!