Re: New 110 Films

Message has been deleted

Cydrome Leader

Feb 6, 2013, 11:36:42 AM2/6/13
In rec.photo.film+labs Michael <29...@msn.com> wrote:
> Has anyone tried the new 110 films by Fukkatsu, or Lomography?
> B&H is even selling the later.
>
> Michael.....

nope.

lomo film tends to be real garbage though.

I'm not even sure where their "shanghai" 120 film even comes from.

Whiskers

Feb 6, 2013, 5:45:40 PM2/6/13
As I understand it, unpredictable results are the main feature of
"lomography"; an unknown film emulsion merely adds another layer of
"magic".

Sadly, there's no easy way to get your Pentax 110 SLR kit back into serious
use, and it's rather demeaning for such a precision instrument to be
reduced to lomography.

--
-- Whiskers

Cydrome Leader

Feb 8, 2013, 2:24:51 AM2/8/13
I've never understood the "charm" of crappy looking photos either. My only
interaction with 110 is with a metal film developing reel I use as spacer
to keep things from rattling around too much in developing tanks.