Picture AND News of the day all in one 19th June.

Ryadia

Jun 18, 2007, 9:59:03 PM6/18/07
How's that for combinations?
Today (tomorrow for some) you get a double dose of my warped sense of
humor in the one link!
http://www.ryadia.com/POD/June/19-06-07.htm

You gotta chuckle now and then, or you forget how, eh?

Troy Piggins

Jun 18, 2007, 10:19:49 PM6/18/07
["Followup-To:" header set to aus.photo.]
* Ryadia is quoted & my replies are inline below :

Good grief Douglas. Do you even want people to look at your
pics?

--
Troy Piggins

Annika1980

Jun 18, 2007, 10:56:55 PM6/18/07
On Jun 18, 9:59 pm, Ryadia <canvas...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> You gotta chuckle now and then, or you forget how, eh?

Then I know you'll get a good guffaw out of these:

D-Mac on his new boat:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/79794737

D-Mac's pal, Julian:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/80785102

Another of D-Mac:
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/80785628

Vintage Monk

Jun 19, 2007, 12:02:02 AM6/19/07

For someone that carried on about being bullied you sure like to provoke
them.

Vintage Monk

Jun 19, 2007, 12:03:08 AM6/19/07

Thanks for that, I just got someone the funniest looks in the office
from laughing out loud. The first two I got a good laugh at, the boat
one is a keeper.

Pete D

Jun 19, 2007, 3:12:29 AM6/19/07

"Annika1980" <annik...@aol.com> wrote in message

Mongrel, ya made me spit coffee everywhere. ;-)

Ryadia

Jun 19, 2007, 4:17:26 AM6/19/07
On Jun 19, 5:12 pm, "Pete D" <D...@is.a.moron.com> wrote:
> "Annika1980" <annika1...@aol.com> wrote in message

Uh Huh! Another busted Killfile, eh?

This is the rambling idiot who not 2 days ago posted in Aus.Photo
"Once more I have kifiled (sic) Doug's latest aliases..."

WOW! Not a record but none the less totally predictable.

Douglas

mark.t...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2007, 5:25:53 AM6/19/07
On Jun 19, 11:59 am, Ryadia <canvas...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> How's that for combinations?
> Today (tomorrow for some) you get a double dose of my warped sense of
> humor in the one link!http://www.ryadia.com/POD/June/19-06-07.htm

> You gotta chuckle now and then, or you forget how, eh?

I'll leave others to comment (there already seems to be a clear
consensus..!) on the content. I'll stick to the image and the
presentation.

Firstly, the image:
Quite good. Although ruined of course by all the 'funny' text.
Interesting composition - the slanting shoreline works well, but the
half obscured bird is unfortunate. Good-ish colour but a slight
tendency to drift towards cyan-blue. Contrast about right, if a
little excessive with a few minor areas of blocked blacks - some
people of course like that style, sort of '1-hour-kiosk-esque'..

Now for the text...

"Today's new 19th June 2007"
The apostrophe-s after 'today' must be either a contraction of 'is',
or possessive.
Today is new 19th June 2007? Makes no sense.
Today owns new 19th June 2007? Makes less. There's a literacy
problem here - a missing word perhaps? Missing words in titles or
headlines generally are a *very* clear indicator of the competency of
the author.

"Douglas... His usual position"
The lack of a full stop is probably passable as it is clearly a phrase
rather than a full sentence, and use of a capital after an ellipsis is
OK, but of course you need to be consistent... Note the contrast of
the letters as you read on...

"Annika1980... looking for a better camera angle"
Should have used a capital L here, or not used capitalisation above.
Like I said, *consistency*... But why on earth is the contrast so
different? The background is lighter than the others, yet he posted
lighter, less contrasty text. The result is that it looks somewhat
lost, particularly odd and very amateurish, not like a professional at
all...

"The Mark twins one can't keep his mouth shut the other squared off
and no one to fight"
Oh dear, now we have lost both the capital *and* the ellipsis, so it
looks like we have someone here who is really struggling with the
concept of consistency. I'll give some credit, for the second phrase
contains one of Douglas' few correct uses of an apostrophe (bravo!!),
and it is even grammatically complete*, but the third? Oh dear. We
are missing a *verb*, Douglas.

Now going a bit off topic.

The second phrase "one can't keep his mouth shut" is interesting, for
this seems to refer to someone Douglas stated had just 12 hours left
to apologise, "before your world turn (sic) red". That was about..
hmm, let me check...

Yes, that was about *3 days* ago. Is that person still posting, I
wonder, and has he apologised? Is his world red?

Competence, consistency and credibility oft go hand in hand.

(O;

mark.t...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2007, 5:30:31 AM6/19/07
Pete D was replying to Annika. Look again, try with eyes open and
brain in gear.

Another mistake from the master.

(O;

Draco

Jun 19, 2007, 10:59:07 AM6/19/07
On Jun 18, 9:59 pm, Ryadia <canvas...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> How's that for combinations?
> Today (tomorrow for some) you get a double dose of my warped sense of
> humor in the one link!http://www.ryadia.com/POD/June/19-06-07.htm

> You gotta chuckle now and then, or you forget how, eh?

Warped is the right word for your sense of humor. I did get a chuckle
out of it though. I might have chosen a different color for the script
or been a bit more consistant with the drop shadows. Maybe even a bit
smaller font also.

Just my own two cents worth.

Draco

Getting even isn't good enough.

Doing better does.

Draco

Jun 19, 2007, 11:06:34 AM6/19/07

ROFLMAO

Oh man, you must have been saving these for this. Now, I've seen some
wet rodents before but, that one has to be a winner. What the heck was
it? A chipmonk?

Draco

Getting even isn't god enough.

Doing better does.

Ryadia

Jun 19, 2007, 3:21:23 AM6/19/07

"Pete D" <Do...@is.a.moron.com> wrote in message

> Mongrel, ya made me spit coffee everywhere. ;-)

Uh Huh! Another busted Killfile, eh?

This is the rambling idiot who not 2 days ago posted in Aus.Photo

"Once more I have kifiled Doug's latest aliases..."

WOW! Not a record but none the less totally predictable.

Douglas

Ryadia

Jun 19, 2007, 2:21:02 AM6/19/07

"Vintage Monk" <us...@example.com> wrote in message

So you use your work computer for Usenet play, do you?

Vintage Monk

Jun 19, 2007, 8:20:57 PM6/19/07

Yes I do. Got a problem with that?

Bully....@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2007, 8:36:49 PM6/19/07
On Jun 20, 10:20 am, Vintage Monk <u...@example.com> wrote:
> Ryadia wrote:
> > "Vintage Monk" <u...@example.com> wrote in message

I don't have a problem with that but you really have to ask about the
principals and work ethics of someone who does.

Vintage Monk

Jun 19, 2007, 8:39:15 PM6/19/07

Ok, If anyone has a problem with me posting from my work computer can
you please let me know as Doug says I have to ask about your principals
and work ethics.

It confused me too but I am just doing as Douglas asked.

Willarojo

Jun 19, 2007, 10:01:53 PM6/19/07
Vintage Monk <us...@example.com> vehemently accused in

I don't have a problem with you surfing on your break times, but I
will need to see a copy of your timecard, signed by your boss, to
check against your message post times. If they don't match up, you
could be in serious ethical trouble.

Besides, I'm impressed you have time to read and post here from
work, I barely finish my EBaying before I have to get back to work.

--
Willa
http://www.pbase.com/willarojo

“I came into this world, not chiefly to make this a good place
to live in, but to live in it, be it good or bad.”
Thoreau, Civil Disobedience

“We are in great haste to construct a magnetic telegraph line
from Maine to Texas; but Maine and Texas, it may be, have nothing
important to communicate.”
Thoreau, Walden

Vintage Monk

Jun 19, 2007, 10:04:46 PM6/19/07

What if my job is to view usenet posts?

> Besides, I'm impressed you have time to read and post here from
> work, I barely finish my EBaying before I have to get back to work.

I only read Douglas's posts, which didn't used to take long but now he
uses so many names I have to read every post made to this group to see
if it is Doug's.

Ryadia

Jun 19, 2007, 10:19:53 PM6/19/07

"Vintage Monk" <us...@example.com> wrote in message

Well there's good news for you Monk.
Today is the end of my postings to newgroups.

Rob

Jun 20, 2007, 4:39:55 AM6/20/07

Wait till I log off and walk to the other side of the room.

Annika1980

Jun 20, 2007, 5:17:20 AM6/20/07
On Jun 19, 10:19 pm, "Ryadia" <canvas...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> Well there's good news for you Monk.
> Today is the end of my postings to newgroups.

Oh, if that were only true.

Scott W

Jun 20, 2007, 8:20:10 AM6/20/07

Of course when he says the end of his postings he means for the next
three days or so. Each time he comes back he is a bit further removed
for any kind of reality, god only knows what he will come back as next
time.

Scott

Draco

Jun 20, 2007, 9:51:51 AM6/20/07
On Jun 19, 10:19 pm, "Ryadia" <canvas...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> "Vintage Monk" <u...@example.com> wrote in message

> > Willarojo wrote:
> >> Vintage Monk <u...@example.com> vehemently accused in

Oh were it to be... aw I promised myself not to get in on these slap
fests. Where ever you go, what ever you wind up doing Douglas, May God
bless you and keep you safe. Because no one else will.

Draco

Vintage Monk

Jun 21, 2007, 9:28:40 PM6/21/07
Ryadia wrote:

> Well there's good news for you Monk.
> Today is the end of my postings to newgroups.

Once a liar always a liar hey. At least your lies are more entertaining
than your photos.

Ryadia

Jun 21, 2007, 10:04:13 PM6/21/07

"Vintage Monk" <us...@example.com> wrote in message
You would do well to understand common English Mank.
There is a world of difference between POSTing a message and REPLYing to
one.
I imagine one day you'll awaken and discover the world.
Message has been deleted

Vintage Monk

Jun 22, 2007, 12:16:35 AM6/22/07
Ryadia wrote:
> "Vintage Monk" <us...@example.com> wrote in message
>> Ryadia wrote:
>>
>>> Well there's good news for you Monk.
>>> Today is the end of my postings to newgroups.
>>>

>> Once a liar always a liar hey. At least your lies are more entertaining
>> than your photos.
>>
> You would do well to understand common English Mank.
> There is a world of difference between POSTing a message and REPLYing to
> one.
> I imagine one day you'll awaken and discover the world.

Nice back pedal, Get one of those float bikes and with all your back
pedalling you will be on Tangalooma in no time.

Alan K.

Jun 22, 2007, 6:01:16 AM6/22/07
On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 12:04:13 +1000, "Ryadia" <canv...@yahoo.com.au>
wrote:

>"Vintage Monk" <us...@example.com> wrote in message
>> Ryadia wrote:
>>>
>>> Well there's good news for you Monk.
>>> Today is the end of my postings to newgroups.
>>
>> Once a liar always a liar hey. At least your lies are more entertaining
>> than your photos.

Oh dear, and for a brief moment it was like the stench of sewerage had
been lifted from the group. But now old bishop basher is back, which
surprises no-one.

>You would do well to understand common English Mank.

Well done Douggie, you managed to get 9 whole words in before you made
your first spelling mistake. However that's only to be expected. A
congenital idiot who regularly engages in Greco-Roman wrestling with
English (and loses; yes, I'm referring to you, Douggie, as well as all
of your other aliases) is hardly the best person to set himself up as
an arbiter of "common English". But then you aren't exceptionally well
grounded in reality as we all know.

>There is a world of difference between POSTing a message and REPLYing to
>one.

If there was in fact a difference, the(very common) expression OP or
"original poster" would be redundant since there would be only one
poster per thread. But don't worry Douggie, you can make up any
definitions you like for words and use them in Douggie-FantasyLand
since that's where you spend most of your time anyway. Out here, on
the other hand, you'll still be seen as a habitual liar. Not that
that's news to anyone.

>I imagine one day you'll awaken and discover the world.

And I imagine that one day the nice men in white coats will apply
electroshock therapy to that atrophied wreck that you laughingly
describe as your brain. You may even encounter reality at that moment.
But in the meantime, "reality" is that Mark Thomas' pictures are
interesting, and yours are pathetic.

And you're still a liar.