Nikon FE Jammed - HELP

Joana M. Neves

Jul 20, 2002, 6:09:51 PM7/20/02
I have a Nikon FE and a strange problem: The batery was low and before i
could replace it the cam blocked. Now i have replaced the batteries, tried
to work on M90, cleaned the contacts and the film advance lever is still
stuck... what more can i do? The shutter is closed and the cam doesn't
respond.

Can someone help me?

Thanks....

Paul Rubin

Jul 20, 2002, 6:18:13 PM7/20/02

Try pushing the rewind button on the bottom and advancing the film.

Gary Frost

Jul 20, 2002, 6:25:10 PM7/20/02
Have you tried turning the shutter speed dial to 'B'?

Rudy Garcia

Jul 20, 2002, 7:10:41 PM7/20/02
In article <G8l_8.1620$lB.43...@newsserver.ip.pt>,

When this has happened to my FE, I can normally unjam it by switching to
M90 and tripping the shutter. You stated you did that already without
success.

One more thing. If there is film in the camera, it is not on the last
frame -preventing any further film advance, is it?

--
Rudy

"As long as there are tests,
there will be prayers in public schools."

Joana M. Neves

Jul 20, 2002, 7:46:09 PM7/20/02
No, there is no film on the cam.. and the jamming continues on B mode.
The problem is that the film advance lever is stuck, it doens't allow me to
turn the cam on or off, nor to pass the film. The lever is on the middle of
it's way to the full pull.. it's a strange problem and i can't afford to
spend a month with the cam on a repair, i really need it next week.

Does anyone have an ideia how to fix it?

Thanks for your help...

Rudy Garcia <rudyg....@jps.net> escreveu na mensagem

Rudy Garcia

Jul 20, 2002, 10:13:31 PM7/20/02
In article <Yym_8.1636$K61.4...@newsserver.ip.pt>,

"Joana M. Neves" <joana...@clix.pt> wrote:

> No, there is no film on the cam.. and the jamming continues on B mode.
> The problem is that the film advance lever is stuck, it doens't allow me to
> turn the cam on or off, nor to pass the film. The lever is on the middle of
> it's way to the full pull.. it's a strange problem and i can't afford to
> spend a month with the cam on a repair, i really need it next week.
>
> Does anyone have an ideia how to fix it?

Sorry, that is a new one on me. Sounds like something has jammed the
gear train.

jriegle

Jul 21, 2002, 10:45:18 AM7/21/02
So it jammed during winding and not during exposure? Or did it lock during
exposure and you tried to wind it?

I've been able to free some cameras by removing the lens and pushing down on
the stop-down lever. You can gently pull the mirror down if it is up but
don't force it if there is resistance. Open the back and turn the take-up
spools to see if that helps.

John

Joana M. Neves <joana...@clix.pt> wrote in message

Gordon Moat

Jul 21, 2002, 3:04:16 PM7/21/02
You can try holding the Multi Exposure lever, and then advancing. The other way
to do this is to open the back, and move the take up spool with your finger.
Both of these will connect with movements of the wind lever. If neither is
successful, you have a stuck gear train, and a repair will be necessary. I wish
you luck.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
Alliance Graphique Studio
<http://www.allgstudio.com>

Graphic

Jul 22, 2002, 3:35:47 AM7/22/02
Any suggestions for a jammed Nikon FG with mirror locked down and self-timer
that also won't work. Remains jammed even with new batteries or on
mechanical speed of M90.

Any help appreciated....

thanks,

Wayne
"jriegle" <jri...@att.net> wrote in message

Mike

Jul 22, 2002, 10:39:20 AM7/22/02
The shutter will not release until the self timer has wound down. You can
remove the bottom plate and try re-cocking the camera.

"Graphic" <grap...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

bobbycoll...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2016, 2:22:32 PM9/1/16
hey.. i was having some shutter issue today, and right in the middle of a really beautiful op to capture lightening with the lovely foreground of Gjakova Kosovo.. but it just jammed right when i was realizing that i should try to capture the lightening after just the plain view of the town.. your advice totally fixed the problem, but like lightening, in a flash, the moment was over! :D