Firefox beginning to disintigrate?

RichA

Aug 24, 2022, 7:53:17 PM8/24/22
I've used Firefox for over a decade, it's always been quite good. However, in addition to being by far the largest memory user amongst the browsers, there seems to be an increase in errors cropping up when attempting to connect with various sites. Bell and now Ebay are two examples. Typical errors are like below and happen intermittently. Chrome has probably taken a large piece of their market over the last few years.

Secure Connection Failed
An error occurred during a connection to mesg.ebay.ca. Peer’s Certificate has been revoked.
Error code: SEC_ERROR_REVOKED_CERTIFICATE
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Carlos E.R.

Aug 25, 2022, 7:44:13 AM8/25/22
That's not a Firefox error.

However, I don't see the relationship between FF and photography.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

RichA

Aug 25, 2022, 7:48:45 PM8/25/22
It is a firefox error or something firefox did. It was replicated on two different machines, on two different I.P addresses and the error did not occur with chrome or opera.

Carlos E.R.

Aug 30, 2022, 6:08:12 AM8/30/22
Firefox simply informed you of an error on the server. Of course it
replicates on different machines. Too bad Chrome did not inform of the
error, that is a bug.

Still, how does that relate to this group? This is off topic.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Neil

Aug 30, 2022, 1:12:47 PM8/30/22
You are right that this is OT, and should have been marked as such.

But, since this is bouncing between which app has an error, I'll toss in
that it may have nothing to do with either app, but with the DNS server
that each app is using. If the site's new certificate hadn't yet
replicated to the DNS server that Firefox used, but did to the one
Chrome used, this is exactly the result one would get.

--
best regards,

Neil

RichA

Aug 31, 2022, 3:47:16 PM8/31/22
Yes, got the error in Firefox and Chrome now. Firefox named the error, Chrome just refused to link with the site.
Meanwhile, they are Canada's largest service provider. Pathetic.

Neil

Sep 1, 2022, 2:31:12 PM9/1/22
It has nothing to do with how large the service provider is. Propagation
of the new certificate to the DNS you're using can take days to
complete. Given your level of tech awareness, I'd suggest that you just
wait for it to happen.

--
best regards,

Neil