OT - An hour of birdwatching

David Brooks

May 7, 2022, 10:15:31 AM5/7/22
Well put-together, IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbBM9RaiRLc

Some here will enjoy!

Magani

May 7, 2022, 8:41:49 PM5/7/22
Thanks. A better outlook than our place, but much the same collection of birds.

Cheers,
Magani

David Brooks

May 8, 2022, 2:56:05 AM5/8/22
You are welcome! :-D

You may just care to watch here:-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYeEaXvLu38

Magani

May 8, 2022, 7:22:58 PM5/8/22
I visited here about 1984/85 when I was living in the UK, but had forgotten the name of the RSPB site.
Thanks for jolting the few remaining neurons into action. :-)

David Brooks

May 9, 2022, 3:38:36 AM5/9/22
No worries! :-D

Are you a Pom or an Aussie?

Magani

May 9, 2022, 6:14:12 AM5/9/22
Half and half - Mum came from a small village in Cheshire.
On Dad's side, the ancestors got free passage to Oz on one of His Majesty's finest convict ships in 1788.
:-)

David Brooks

May 9, 2022, 7:32:36 AM5/9/22
Haha! Of good stock, then!

I'll interact with you as if you have the best of both cultures! :-D

Whisky-dave

May 9, 2022, 8:12:34 AM5/9/22
Reminds me of the fact that Britain sent it's criminals to Australia and it's religious nutters to America,
Australia got the better deal

Magani

May 9, 2022, 9:39:28 PM5/9/22
Well, we certainly seem to think so. :-)

At the risk of stirring up Trans-Pacific enmity, a US born-and-bred friend of mine once classified Australia on a visit as "California without the crazies".
Disclosure: I have relations in SoCal and love the varied scenery there.

Cheers,
Magani