More Avian Antics

Magani

Apr 24, 2022, 6:54:52 AM4/24/22
First try at editing (DaVinci Resolve), and first try at using my new DJI OM5 Gimbal with the Galaxy S21 Ultra (both normal and tele lenses). All except a small segment is hand held, so nothing like as solid as Whisky-Dave's.

These are Rainbow Lorikeets, and this family hangs around our backyard feeder waiting for sunflower seeds. They are a very disfunctional family. :-)

https://youtu.be/7NzMOYKX9Gg

Cheers,
Magani

Whisky-dave

Apr 24, 2022, 9:16:17 PM4/24/22
On Sunday, 24 April 2022 at 11:54:52 UTC+1, Magani wrote:
> First try at editing (DaVinci Resolve), and first try at using my new DJI OM5 Gimbal with the Galaxy S21 Ultra (both normal and tele lenses). All except a small segment is hand held, so nothing like as solid as Whisky-Dave's.
>
> These are Rainbow Lorikeets, and this family hangs around our backyard feeder waiting for sunflower seeds. They are a very disfunctional family. :-)

Nice birds looking birds , my camera was on a tripod.
Today about 6pm I had the camera on my feeder and while looking around I noticed a bird feeder next door swinging but not due to wind, zoomed in and saw a rat at the bird feeder which was up on a tree.
I'll post the video tomorrow.

> https://youtu.be/7NzMOYKX9Gg
>
> Cheers,
> Magani

David Brooks

Apr 25, 2022, 6:03:05 AM4/25/22
Great! I left you a comment! Thanks.

Whisky-dave

Apr 25, 2022, 7:36:51 PM4/25/22
Picture to show where the red feeder is.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z40prgcdq3gl3z3/IMG_3233n.jpg?dl=0

Rat up the tree which was there for over 20 mins.
https://youtu.be/5v-BuEsQPt8

> > https://youtu.be/7NzMOYKX9Gg
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Magani

Whisky-dave

Apr 25, 2022, 7:37:19 PM4/25/22
yes saw that cheers.

David Brooks

Apr 26, 2022, 3:21:41 AM4/26/22
Not quite so keen on rats, Dave!

Magani

Apr 26, 2022, 9:24:44 PM4/26/22
I'll see your rat and raise you far more cute brush-tailed possum. :-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gtth2ehmzmj04hl/20210901_215855_sml-Shpn-Focus.jpg?dl=0

Not a great shot from a photographic point of view but it was at about midnight (I was just checking to see if the fridge was operating normally ;-) ) and lit by a single security light.
There critters are really cute until they decide to hold the possum olympics in the ceiling over your bedroom at about 3am.
Cheers,
Magani

Whisky-dave

Apr 27, 2022, 4:53:06 AM4/27/22
Yes they do seem cuter than rats, I get a couple of foxes but only at night.

Wish I could show you some pictures of my students but that's not allowed and they aren't cute anyway ;-)

David Brooks

Apr 27, 2022, 5:54:59 AM4/27/22
On 27/04/2022 09:53, Whisky-dave wrote:
[....]
> Wish I could show you some pictures of my students but that's not allowed and they aren't cute anyway ;-)

Such rules didn't apply in my day!

Someone took this photograph of us students (actually apprentices!) back
along! https://ibb.co/7JrbPwD

Whisky-dave

Apr 27, 2022, 9:16:01 AM4/27/22
On Wednesday, 27 April 2022 at 10:54:59 UTC+1, David Brooks wrote:
> On 27/04/2022 09:53, Whisky-dave wrote:
> [....]
> > Wish I could show you some pictures of my students but that's not allowed and they aren't cute anyway ;-)
> Such rules didn't apply in my day!

True it's fairly recent thing.

> Someone took this photograph of us students (actually apprentices!) back
> along! https://ibb.co/7JrbPwD

I do have some pictures, a few where students have fallen asleep in the lab.

It';s difficult to know whats allowed but basically either they have to give permision or not be able to be identified as individuals.

David Brooks

Apr 27, 2022, 10:40:08 AM4/27/22
Perhaps a silly question, but .........

How many of your students are likely to view any photo which you might
choose to post in this Usenet group?

Even if they DID discover such a photo, what punishment could be meted
out to you - and by whom?

Whisky-dave

Apr 27, 2022, 11:11:50 AM4/27/22
On Wednesday, 27 April 2022 at 15:40:08 UTC+1, David Brooks wrote:
> On 27/04/2022 14:15, Whisky-dave wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 27 April 2022 at 10:54:59 UTC+1, David Brooks wrote:
> >> On 27/04/2022 09:53, Whisky-dave wrote:
> >> [....]
> >> Such rules didn't apply in my day!
> >
> > True it's fairly recent thing.
> >

> >> Someone took this photograph of us students (actually apprentices!) back
> >> along! https://ibb.co/7JrbPwD
> >
> > I do have some pictures, a few where students have fallen asleep in the lab.
> >
> > It';s difficult to know whats allowed but basically either they have to give permision or not be able to be identified as individuals.
> Perhaps a silly question, but .........
>
> How many of your students are likely to view any photo which you might
> choose to post in this Usenet group?

No idea but that isn't the point, not worth the hassle.

> Even if they DID discover such a photo, what punishment could be meted
> out to you - and by whom?

Against the data protection act I think. It's not really a public space
and if we do post any pictures, then the students have been asked if it''s OK first.
I didn't want to wake them up to ask.

Same as we aren't allowed to post CCTV images without good reasons or some sort of permission.