Re: What is a good free adfree basic image editor

Andy Burnelli

Dec 21, 2022, 9:39:29 PM12/21/22
*Android 11 Phone Photo Edit*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/LPK8oLAyTC8>

When I tested a bunch of solutions to the OP's stated problem in the thread
listed in the quote snippet above, I realized that the free ad free Amaze
file manager has what appears to be a fantastic basic image editor.

That basic image editor is a free addon to the already free Amaze File
Manager which seems to do _everything_ the OP has asked for in his request.

Here's the solution I posted to that thread moments ago, where one will
notice there are about a half dozen solutions in the proposal since the
free file manager does the edits but also the listed free image editors
also do the edits.

As usual with Android, there are many solutions to the OP's stated request.

-----< cut here for my solution to that thread today >-----
> In summary, the way I solve the OP's stated problem set is I use three
> tools that are chosen well, the first being an MMS/SMS app which
> automatically (or manually) saves images to where I can find them, and the
> second is using a file manager that can find where those images were saved,
> and the third is to use an image editor that can crop and rotate images.

SOLVED

As always, to help everyone using my skills as an app tester, I found what
I consider to be the best apps for the tasks that I tested for the team.

1. *SMS/MMS app* (auto/manual save images)
<https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/maple-media/pulse-smstablet-messenger/pulse-smstablet-messenger-5-4-6-2816-release/>
2. *FILE BROWSER app* (locate & open images & edit them) <=== optional
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amaze.filemanager>
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amaze.fileutilities>
3. *PHOTO EDITOR app* (crop/resize)
(see the suggested photo editors below)

Note if you want a different MMS/SMS application, look here for ideas:
*SMS app*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/OO-0G-_1qeU>

Note that you can skip the file browser because the image editors can all
open the files, so you don't even need the file browser in the tool flow.

1. SMS/MMS app (auto/manual save images)
The free adfree PulseSMS app (version 5.4.6.2816) automatically
or manually saves incoming/outgoing MMS images into a default location
/internal storage/pictures/pulse/filename.jpg

2. FILE BROWSER app (locate & open images & edit them) <=== optional
The free adfree Amaze File Manager (version 3.8.2) has a free add-on
"Amaze Image Editor" which does all the basics for image editing.

3. PHOTO EDITOR free ad free app (crop/resize)
The free adfree set of editors listed in this thread do all the edits.
*What is a good free adfree basic image editor*
<https://groups.google.com/g/comp.mobile.android/c/cTrsAsiNa4o/m/Hi8Z4CSdAgAJ>

For example:
*DS Photo Editor* by DS Photo Editor SDK (powerful basic editor)
free, adfree, gsfree, rated 4.2, 100K+ installs
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dsphotoeditor.demoapp>

*Simple Draw* by Simple Mobile Tools (simple basic editor)
Free, ad free, gsf free, rated 3.5/7.83K reviews@1M+ Downloads
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.simplemobiletools.draw>

*Snapseed* by Google LLC (simple medium power basic editor)
Free, ad free, includes GSF, rated 4.4/1.6M reviews@100M+Downloads
<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.niksoftware.snapseed>
--
Posted out of the goodness of my heart to disseminate useful information
which, in this case, is to find a solution to the OP's stated problem.