Monitor makers living in dreamland

RichA

Sep 21, 2021, 2:08:36 PM9/21/21
$4000 for a 32 inch monitor when you can get a 55 inch HDR TV 4K at 120hz for what, $1500??

https://www.dpreview.com/news/0394947539/lg-new-32-4k-ultrafine-oled-pro-monitor-is-now-available-for-3999

nospam

Sep 21, 2021, 2:12:23 PM9/21/21
In article <ff6aa84f-6871-482f...@googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:

> $4000 for a 32 inch monitor when you can get a 55 inch HDR TV 4K at 120hz for
> what, $1500??

very different specs

RichA

Sep 21, 2021, 5:58:13 PM9/21/21
Maybe, but Mitsubishi sold 37 inch CRT "monitors" 20 years ago. Likely they were broadcast quality TVs.

nospam

Sep 21, 2021, 7:45:19 PM9/21/21
In article <75b6438b-9c7c-49ad...@googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > $4000 for a 32 inch monitor when you can get a 55 inch HDR TV 4K at 120hz
> > > for
> > > what, $1500??
> > very different specs
>
> Maybe, but Mitsubishi sold 37 inch CRT "monitors" 20 years ago. Likely they
> were broadcast quality TVs.

those were crap, even then.

Eric Stevens

Sep 24, 2021, 12:18:52 AM9/24/21
On Tue, 21 Sep 2021 11:08:31 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rande...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>$4000 for a 32 inch monitor when you can get a 55 inch HDR TV 4K at 120hz for what, $1500??
>
>https://www.dpreview.com/news/0394947539/lg-new-32-4k-ultrafine-oled-pro-monitor-is-now-available-for-3999

That should tell you something about the standard of color calibration
of the ordinary TV monitor.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Whisky-dave

Sep 24, 2021, 8:29:19 AM9/24/21
yeah not exactly a requirement to have high colour accuracy for TVs.
The bloods usually fake, fake tans, even the tits are silicone, CGI effects......
I guess there's a market for most things, someone will buy into it.
AT least it supports the tech industry and things will improve and cost less for it.