Topaz Labs Question

Magani

Sep 14, 2023, 6:03:48 AM9/14/23

I've been using Topaz Labs Sharpen AI, DeNoise AI and GigaPixel AI for a couple of years now. I've recently started to use the new (v.2.0) Photo AI.

With the subscription coming up for renewal for the older 3 programs, should I bother with them and just stick with the newer Photo AI, or keep going with all of them?

Is there anything in the 3 stand-alone products (Sharpen, DeNoise and G/Pixel) that ISN'T in Photo AI that would make renewing them worthwhile??

Anyone in the same positiion?

Cheers,
Magani

Alfred Molon

Sep 14, 2023, 2:06:24 PM9/14/23
No idea, because last year I bought Photo AI, but hadn't used the
separate Sharpen AI, DeNoise AI and GigaPixel AI before.

From what I read in forums, it seems that the separate applications
come with more settings, while with Photo AI there are fewer controls.

But it also depends on how serious you are about all this, because Photo
AI might just be good enough for your purposes.

If photography is very important for you, you might also get DXO in
addition to Photo AI.
--
Alfred Molon

Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
https://groups.io/g/myolympus
https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site

Magani

Sep 14, 2023, 5:36:36 PM9/14/23
Thanks, Alfred. I think I'll try a few more things with v2.0 of Photo AI before I ditch the subscription to the other 3.

Cheers,
Magani

Bill W

Sep 14, 2023, 5:45:01 PM9/14/23
On Sep 14, 2023, Magani wrote
(in article<783b373f-f2f2-4237...@googlegroups.com>):
Or do what I did and hope for the same result. I emailed support to ask why
it said that updating the subscription to those three “extended the
subscription for all your photo software”, but there was a separate line
for renewing the photo AI software, bringing the price to almost $200. They
agent told me to just renew the Photo AI software, and he’d then update the
other three for free. He also said that there are no major updates coming up
any time soon for those three, and that is probably the reason for the offer.

Magani

Sep 14, 2023, 7:14:15 PM9/14/23
Great idea. Thanks, Bill.