PCMCIA and Kodak DC50 vs Chinon 3000

Lyn Stead

Apr 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/15/96
Dear Folks
Can you take the PCMCIA card from either of these cameras, put it in the
PCMCIA slot of a notebook and read the images straight off or do you
have to download through the serial line?
I have heard that it is not possible to do this with the Chinon 300
card. I have a recent pentium notebook that says it supports Flash
Memory, SRAM memory cards.
Can anyone help with this please?
Thanks in advance,
Lyn
st...@bendigo.net.au

Arno Marotz

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
Lyn Stead <st...@bendigo.net.au> wrote:

It is not possible to read the card data of the ES-3000 as a
file. But I made a software for WIN95 which is able to read
the ES-3000 cards. It's working as application or TWAIN
driver. It takes about 2 seconds to get an image in Super
Fine resolution on a P90, or 20 seconds to save the raw data
of a full 4Meg card for later retrieval.

To get more information contact me through e-mail.
Arno Marotz
10012...@compuserve.com
arn...@ralf.es.bawue.de

Kevin Yeo

Apr 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/18/96
Lyn

The Chinon ES-3000 PCMCIA Cards can not be read on a PC because they are
a Chinon defined format.

The DC50 uses PCMCIA - ATA Flash memory cards which allows you to read
them on a PC with a PCMCIA card reader. You still need to use the
supplied software and can only read the card - you can't delete or
update pictures.
--
Kevin Yeo
NBA Quality Systems Ltd

Douglas Boyd

Apr 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/19/96
Lyn,

Yes you can read the PCMCIA card in a laptop according to others. I
am using the serial link, since I did not figure out how to read the
card under Win-95 so far.

I got my camera in Yokohama several months ago for about $1600
including a 2 meg card. I love the size, but the image quality is not
the greatest. Image quality is less than my 3-CCD Panasonic Digital
Video (DV) camera, especially when using still mode. Also my
impression is that my Chinon-3000 was giving slightly better image
quality than the Ricoh. You must be careful with the flash on the
Ricoh. The range is fairly short, and in any case you must be close
to the subject to avoid red-eye. I have been experimenting with a
small auxillary flash with a photocell trigger for indoor pictures.

For the moment I use DV when size is not a problem and I have enough
light, and the Ricoh when I need a pocket camera.

Doug Boyd

ttp...@delphi.com

Apr 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/25/96

Kevin Yeo <kev...@nbaqsl.co.uk> writes:

>The DC50 uses PCMCIA - ATA Flash memory cards which allows you to read
>them on a PC with a PCMCIA card reader. You still need to use the
>supplied software and can only read the card - you can't delete or

I using PCMCIA from DC50 and read and copy direct to my laptop with out any
software. They ( Photo from PC Card ) is dos standard.