New OM (Olympus) camera. Pretty interesting specs at a price

Rich

Feb 2, 2024, 12:12:57 AMFeb 2
Blindingly fast frame rates, high resolution EVF, etc. But $2400 list for the body, which is about twice what the top bodies were a few years ago.

Alfred Molon

Feb 2, 2024, 12:19:10 PMFeb 2
Am 02.02.2024 um 06:12 schrieb Rich:
> Blindingly fast frame rates, high resolution EVF, etc. But $2400 list for the body, which is about twice what the top bodies were a few years ago.

Which top body cost $1200 a few years ago?
--
Alfred Molon

Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
https://groups.io/g/myolympus
https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site

Rich

Feb 3, 2024, 12:31:23 AMFeb 3
I bought the 1 and II for about that much. The big body, forget the number, with the build-in grip, was a flop designed to waste time competing with Nikon and Canon so it doesn't count.

Alfred Molon

Feb 3, 2024, 11:12:58 AMFeb 3
If you are referring to the Olympus E-M1 Mark II, I bought that in 2017
for 2000 Euro. Add inflation and we are not far away from 2400 Euro of
today.

By the way, a full frame top body from Sony or Canon costs 5000 - 7000
Euro these days.