A Google Csoportok már nem támogatja az új Usenet-bejegyzéseket és -feliratkozásokat. A korábbi tartalmak továbbra is megtekinthetők.

printing

0 megtekintés
Ugrás az első olvasatlan üzenetre

peter

olvasatlan,
2001. márc. 25. 20:11:182001. 03. 25.
OK so I have misunderstood all along about the printing thing.
I have finally got to the point where I can print on my old Epson 400 stylus
inkjet using Epson photo quality paper etc and now I find that the prints
are useless, as even a hint of water will cause streaking and will in fact
ruin the print. Please do not sneeze near the photographs?
Why has no-one pointed this out? What is the point of 25 year tests on inks
that will wash out at the merest hint of liquid? Sweaty fingers? Runny
noses?
Please tell me, do dye sub printers suffer from this and is my only option a
colour laser printer and the costs involved in that. I have not yet tried
getting my pics printed by one of the online companies and wonder if that is
the only answer for the time being or do they just use better versions of
inkjet. What am I supposed to do with my iron on transfers that are
completely useless now I know of this problem (no obvious comment please). I
fail to see the point of hyping up home inkjet printing if they are not
"safe" from fingers, damp or pretty much anything?
I am really peeved over this, I honestly thought the medium was a useful
alternative to conventional photography. What do you do if you want a good
print of your work? I am in the boonies here, Northern Ireland and have no
companies locally with a viable printing facility.
Please advise me of a useable alternative.

thanks in advance

Peter

Joe Blow

olvasatlan,
2001. márc. 25. 20:38:212001. 03. 25.

I've taken a print from my Epson 870 and put it under running water at
the sink. The inks did not run. The paper (I forget what type) did
soak up water and dried with some wrinkles.

Most inkjets do not have this type of waterproof ink.

The Epson 870 is now being replaced by a newer model and you can
purchase the 870 really cheap.

On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 02:11:18 +0100, "peter" <par...@24-7freecall.net>
wrote:

Gary Eickmeier

olvasatlan,
2001. márc. 25. 21:47:452001. 03. 25.

peter wrote:

> OK so I have misunderstood all along about the printing thing.
> I have finally got to the point where I can print on my old Epson 400 stylus
> inkjet using Epson photo quality paper etc and now I find that the prints
> are useless, as even a hint of water will cause streaking and will in fact
> ruin the print.

The primary factor here is the paper. Some are waterproof and some aren't. Try
Canon Photo Paper Pro. Not sure how it works on Epsons, but it is one that
doesn't run.

Gary Eickmeier

Big Bob

olvasatlan,
2001. márc. 25. 23:46:542001. 03. 25.

"Joe Blow" <donts...@donthaveanisp.com> wrote in message

> I've taken a print from my Epson 870 and put it under running water at
> the sink. The inks did not run. The paper (I forget what type) did
> soak up water and dried with some wrinkles.

Epson photo paper (glossy) seems to be waterproof, even printed from an 850
or an EX...I can hold it under running water with no damage.

The standard (thin) photo quality inkjet (matte) paper is not, a drop will
ruin a photo, I haven't tried it with the heavyweight matte. If the 400 ink
runs on Epson photo paper, it must be the ink for the 400 that's the cause.

Big Bob

Daniel Pead

olvasatlan,
2001. márc. 26. 6:12:202001. 03. 26.
In article <3abe9682$1...@d2o313.teliauk.com>, peter
<par...@24-7freecall.net> writes

>I have finally got to the point where I can print on my old Epson 400 stylus
>inkjet using Epson photo quality paper etc and now I find that the prints
>are useless, as even a hint of water will cause streaking and will in fact
>ruin the print. Please do not sneeze near the photographs?
>Why has no-one pointed this out? What is the point of 25 year tests on inks
>that will wash out at the merest hint of liquid? Sweaty fingers? Runny
>noses?

I've just given some gash prints from my Epson Stylus Photo 750 the "wet
finger" test. The one on copier paper was blurred slightly by the
water, the one on Epson Photo Paper basically survived, although the
paper was slightly wrinkled. Nothing like as bad as you reported!

However, the real solution is to protect your prints! I'd either keep
them in glass clip-frames (readily available in the UK from those
"discount seconds" shops which spring up wherever real shops have closed
down) or in one of those "sticky film" photo albums(*). Apart from
keeping off the snot and sweaty paw-marks sealing the printouts away
from the air also seems to reduce fading. (If you read the small print
on those Epson fade tests they were done behind glass).

--
Daniel Pead
Email: d...@octpen.demon.co.uk WWW: http://www.octpen.demon.co.uk/

Frank DuPont

olvasatlan,
2001. márc. 26. 9:42:042001. 03. 26.
Peter
You could put them in page protectors, or spray them with a clear spray
from the art store.

Prints I have send away to have done are water proof, they don't use
inkjets but real photo paper.

Laser prints don't do a great job on photos.

Buy a better printer and use the right paper.
Frank

John Ridley

olvasatlan,
2001. márc. 26. 10:40:272001. 03. 26.
I use Office Depot premium glossy paper in my Epson 870, and after
drying overnight, I can run it under a faucet with no problems. I
wouldn't leave it underwater for a long time but it's certainly fine
with occasional wetness. The paper seems totally waterproof. I
haven't noticed any fingerprinting trouble either.

The online photo printers are using the same silver-halide papers that
are used for conventional photography, and these should be completely
waterproof.

wrote:

>OK so I have misunderstood all along about the printing thing.

>I have finally got to the point where I can print on my old Epson 400 stylus
>inkjet using Epson photo quality paper etc and now I find that the prints
>are useless, as even a hint of water will cause streaking and will in fact
>ruin the print. Please do not sneeze near the photographs?
>Why has no-one pointed this out? What is the point of 25 year tests on inks
>that will wash out at the merest hint of liquid? Sweaty fingers? Runny
>noses?

-----
John Ridley
Website:
http://ridley.dyndns.org

Tom Monego

olvasatlan,
2001. márc. 26. 16:34:092001. 03. 26.
Try Weber-Valentine JPG series available from inkjetart.com or Weber-Valentine
(www.weber-valentine.com). Passes the coffee test.

Tom

In article <3abe9682$1...@d2o313.teliauk.com>, par...@24-7freecall.net says...

0 új üzenet