print a xyz color .

Comrade

Jul 23, 2003, 9:33:09 PM7/23/03
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 14:20:46 -0700, Richard Yu wrote:

> 1) seems PS can't load ICC ?
> 2) the icc for my printer (xerox 8200 ) with AtoB and BtoA, but all with
> straight lines, I doubt if the manufacture did a real icc.

you are stuck unless you build your own, and common commercial software
for fingerprinting and profile builidng, is not available in any sincere
form of quality, device concerns hoard fingerprinting and alogorithmns and
haven't delivered a credible ink table product, in a professional sense,
after almost 10 years of ICC when such ink table technology was available
for 10 years before ICC

all very low quality crap

monitor profile builders, are simple and mature, and scanner's for slide
film, BUT

1) camera profiling, lame
2) color negative scanning profiles, lame
3) ink table generation, lame
4) other color printing tables, lame

no credible attempt at delivering profiling solutions to customers, and I
know such concerns have credible algorithms they use themselves

see my business administration model
http://www.mysolution.ws/engineering.htm and my economic model
http://www.mysolution.ws/industry.htm to solve these problems

--
Comrade
see my ROAD TO THE UNITED FRONT http://www.mysolution.ws

Statements of supposed science, without statistics, are just as much religion,
and ONLY statements of faith as any religion, or statement of faith,
except they profess the supposed scientist is God, even more
dangerous than religion or God. There is no science, without a statement of
statistics, AND any statement without statistics, is a conjecture of faith
by the professor of such statement, and the "believer". An ethical
house cleaning of science and government is in order.

"Does God want goodness? or the choice of goodness?
Is the man who chooses bad, somehow better,
than the man who has the good forced upon him?"
a quote from the movie, A Clockwork Orange, Kubrick

Enlightenment is man's release from his self-incurred tutelage.
Tutelage is man's inability to make use of his understanding
without direction from another. Self-incurred is this tutelage when
its cause lies not in lack of reason but in lack of resolution
and courage to use it without direction from another. Sapere aude!
"Have courage to use your own reason!" - that is the motto
of enlightenment.
Kant -- What Is Enlightenment? 1784

"It all sums up into one single purpose,
the abolition of dog-eat-dog under which we live...
and I traveled the United Front road to get it."
-- Roger Baldwin, Co-Founder ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union)

"Timothy Leary's dead, No No No No, He's outside, looking in
Timothy Leary's dead, No No No No, He's outside, looking in"
MOODY BLUES

"Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees."--Matthew 16:6
(religious and political leaders that are hypocrites)

(leaven is yeast, AIR IN BREAD, bullshit, fluff, marketing, snake oil - HYPOCRISY)

"How is it that ye do not understand that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees? Then understood they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees."--Matthew 16:11-12

"But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in."--Matthew 23:13

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation."--Matthew 23:14

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves."--Matthew 23:15

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone."--Matthew 23:23

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess."--Matthew 23:25

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness."--Matthew 23:27

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,"--Matthew 23:29

"And he charged them, saying, Take heed, beware of the leaven of the Pharisees, and of the leaven of Herod."--Mark 8:15

"And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces,"--Mark 12:38

see my ROAD TO THE UNITED FRONT http://www.mysolution.ws

mac

Jul 23, 2003, 9:46:33 PM7/23/03
pc can load icc...rename with icm extension. goes in folder with otehr icm
files (depends on verison of OS...search for *.icm files)

--
Mac Townsend,
Adcom Graphics, Fairfield, California:

Comrade

Jul 23, 2003, 10:00:45 PM7/23/03
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:46:33 +0000, mac wrote:

> pc can load icc...rename with icm extension. goes in folder with otehr icm
> files (depends on verison of OS...search for *.icm files)

he said the profile sucked though, just 1D lut tags were populated, no 3d
table

Allen Wessels

Jul 23, 2003, 10:14:46 PM7/23/03
In article <pan.2003.07.24....@mysolution.ws>,
"Comrade" <avera...@mysolution.ws> wrote:

> Statements of supposed science, without statistics, are just as much
> religion,
> and ONLY statements of faith as any religion, or statement of faith,
> except they profess the supposed scientist is God, even more
> dangerous than religion or God. There is no science, without a statement of
> statistics, AND any statement without statistics, is a conjecture of faith
> by the professor of such statement, and the "believer". An ethical
> house cleaning of science and government is in order.

Why does your insistence on the reporting of statistics (the art of
telling part of the truth made into a science) not surprise me?

Statistics are meaningless without the supporting data. Reporting both
means you can't communicate in a brief, effective manner.

- Allen

Comrade

Jul 23, 2003, 10:36:22 PM7/23/03
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 19:14:46 -0700, Allen Wessels wrote:

> Why does your insistence on the reporting of statistics (the art of
> telling part of the truth made into a science) not surprise me?
>
> Statistics are meaningless without the supporting data. Reporting both
> means you can't communicate in a brief, effective manner.

a statistical confidence on the assertion of the
design of an experiment or observation is truly sufficient, so I say you
are quite an arrogant ruffian, you don't need to look at data, if you have
derived a value statistical confidence, you look at data in order to try
to maek statements of faith, where statistics tell you otherwise, and such
statements of faith, is what has to be called statements of faith, not
science, you sound like someone who has never designed an experiment, nor
analyzed one, and I am not an elitist, but if you have not this
experience, please do not assert credibility

[...]

Comrade

Jul 23, 2003, 10:50:32 PM7/23/03
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:36:22 -0400, Comrade wrote:

> An ethical
> house cleaning of science and government is in order.

and there is a CAHAL http://www.mysolution.ws/cabal.htm

Andrew Paule

Jul 23, 2003, 11:34:10 PM7/23/03
Check out heidelberg stuff -if that's not enough, try the candela
(Lindbloom is a wizard) now owned by Pictographics. These are not
playtoys, most of the print media you see has had either Scitex,
Heidelberg, or Candela on it. Expensive, but if you want good,
controllable color, you can either spend it in engineering time (1K a
day is pretty standard costing) trying to re-invent the wheel, or you
can pay the piper.

Andrew

Comrade

Jul 23, 2003, 11:48:26 PM7/23/03
On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:34:10 -0500, Andrew Paule wrote:

> Check out heidelberg stuff -if that's not enough, try the candela
> (Lindbloom is a wizard) now owned by Pictographics. These are not
> playtoys, most of the print media you see has had either Scitex,
> Heidelberg, or Candela on it. Expensive, but if you want good,
> controllable color, you can either spend it in engineering time (1K a
> day is pretty standard costing) trying to re-invent the wheel, or you
> can pay the piper.

you only addressed one plank of my rant, CMyk, BUT,

1) does it have full GCR UCR UCA implementation? not partial?

2) is it limited to small fingerprint targets? and realize CMYK requires a
decent grid to do a fingerprint with a good delta E*

3) what order polynomial model? can you use a big target with a 1000
patches and go with a 6th
order polynomial with lots of interactive terms? what is the advertised
capable achievable delta E*?

4) what are the gamut mapping options and algorithms?

5) appearance model considerations, options?

6) table size options?

Andrew Paule

Jul 24, 2003, 1:19:02 AM7/24/03
Dang - you sound like another one of us enginerds/physics geeks.

1) some of the packs have full implementation - depends on who makes it
and how much you want to spend.

2)depends on package - some allow independent metering input to complete
a loop and make final corrections , some take fixed taget size, some
have adjustable.

3)I think that most of the curves are not fit polynomially (polynomials
take alot of computational horsepower when you get into it digitally),
but rather splines. These allow as many knots as the programmer has set
- photoshop (good package for a ridiculously low price) used to allow up
to 256 knots - they may be higher now, the old scitex stuff would
implement up to 16K knots, and I think they are still limited there,
even though some of the inputs have 24 bit DS converters (20-22 bit ENOB).

4) varies according to package - CIE models seem best here, with a 2D
gamut map of n points.

5) what is appearance model? I'm into the math, not the appearance, but
I would guess lighting considerations? yes, most of these can adjust
for lighting on all maipulations.

6) only limited by memory on the imaging workstation for some (gimme a
Sun Blade with 4 processors and 16G memory and I'll be fine), others
fixed according to package.

this is fun, I just got back into this newsgroup because I'm thinking
about going back into digital imaging after spending time in high
frequency communications test equipment. The whole telecom industry is
dead it seems. Life should be fun, and the bleeding edge is where it's at.

Andrew

Comrade

Jul 24, 2003, 7:12:33 AM7/24/03
On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 00:19:02 -0500, Andrew Paule wrote:

> what is appearance model?

difference between matching the color, and matching the color under
viewing conditions, AND, image content is part of viewing conditions, such
as white point, black point, large area average density, etc., so, no CMS
is truly possible, considering every viewing condition is image dependent,
but besides that one issue, appearance modeling, addresses adaptive
environmental issues, and easy image content issues like white point, etc.