Windows 10 is tracking your every keystroke!!!

RichA

Jan 8, 2016, 3:47:48 PM1/8/16

ray carter

Jan 8, 2016, 3:58:23 PM1/8/16
On Fri, 08 Jan 2016 12:47:44 -0800, RichA wrote:

> http://techxplore.com/news/2016-01-microsoft-blog-windows-privacy-
eyebrows.html

No it isn't. I don't have any MS software installed on any computer I own!

Savageduck

Jan 8, 2016, 4:18:50 PM1/8/16
On 2016-01-08 20:47:44 +0000, RichA <rande...@gmail.com> said:

> http://techxplore.com/news/2016-01-microsoft-blog-windows-privacy-eyebrows.html

What is this Windows 10 of which you speak?

--
Regards,

Savageduck

Ken Hart

Jan 8, 2016, 5:30:35 PM1/8/16
Linus Torvalds and Canonical are tracking my every keystroke.

--
Ken Hart
kwh...@frontier.com

Eric Stevens

Jan 8, 2016, 7:00:45 PM1/8/16
On Fri, 8 Jan 2016 13:18:45 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2016-01-08 20:47:44 +0000, RichA <rande...@gmail.com> said:
>
>> http://techxplore.com/news/2016-01-microsoft-blog-windows-privacy-eyebrows.html
>
>What is this Windows 10 of which you speak?

It is an evil demon disguised with lipstick.

It wasn't for the fact that I know I will eventually be stuck with it
I would leave it now.

It's latest trick is not let me update my backup (by copy) files from
my old XP machine, but only let me read them. I'm not alone with
variants of this problem. One user has had all her MS Office files
rendered inaccessible in this manner. Nor is it something simple to be
dealt with via the security tab etc., and MS has no clear fix.
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Savageduck

Jan 8, 2016, 7:13:01 PM1/8/16
On Jan 8, 2016, Eric Stevens wrote
(in article<2ui09bt2cdjc2irsd...@4ax.com>):

> On Fri, 8 Jan 2016 13:18:45 -0800, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
> > On 2016-01-08 20:47:44 +0000, RichA<rande...@gmail.com> said:

http://techxplore.com/news/2016-01-microsoft-blog-windows-privacy-eyebrows.
> > > html
> >
> > What is this Windows 10 of which you speak?
>
> It is an evil demon disguised with lipstick.

Aah! Lola from “Damn Yankees”.

> It wasn't for the fact that I know I will eventually be stuck with it
> I would leave it now.
>
> It's latest trick is not let me update my backup (by copy) files from
> my old XP machine, but only let me read them. I'm not alone with
> variants of this problem. One user has had all her MS Office files
> rendered inaccessible in this manner. Nor is it something simple to be
> dealt with via the security tab etc., and MS has no clear fix.

--

Regards,
Savageduck

RichA

Jan 8, 2016, 9:17:57 PM1/8/16
It doesn't even matter much. 1/2 the websites you visit today track you.

nospam

Jan 9, 2016, 12:01:41 AM1/9/16
In article <06d9d09f-9336-4720...@googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rande...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://techxplore.com/news/2016-01-microsoft-blog-windows-privacy-eyebrows.htm

more bullshit.

microsoft is *not* tracking every keystroke.

microsoft does collect anonymous analytics, such as if apps crash, so
that they can improve their products and services. there is no personal
identifying information sent. only a moron would not want that.

there are other features that may send data, such as cortana, but the
user can enable or disable them at any time and for any reason.

Eric Stevens

Jan 9, 2016, 3:29:29 AM1/9/16
On Fri, 8 Jan 2016 18:17:53 -0800 (PST), RichA <rande...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Are you trying to beat nospam in the non-sequitur contest? :-)
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens