OT - Flying Over Mount Everest

David Brooks

Sep 2, 2022, 7:00:19 AMSep 2
Eat your heart out, Savageduck!

YOU are good - but THIS is outstanding!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz9oI3B6v4c

Well worth reading some of the 'Comments'. Here's an example:-

"Absolutely Stunning. Considering a piece of technology basically
available to everyone is capable of producing such high clas material.
Only surpassed by the achievement of the crew carrying that equpipment
to the place itself" :-)

geoff

Sep 2, 2022, 4:55:35 PMSep 2
Truly stunning - every aspect of the excercise !

geoff

RichA

Sep 3, 2022, 1:23:15 AMSep 3
Be better if it was continuous, leave the quick-cutting for video games and superhero movies. I am surprised little drones can fly at that altitude.

Alfred Molon

Sep 4, 2022, 7:44:48 AMSep 4
I thought helicopters couldn't fly that high, but just checked:
https://aerocorner.com/blog/how-high-can-helicopter-fly/

Somebody even managed to land a helicopter on Mt Everest.
--
Alfred Molon

Olympus 4/3 and micro 4/3 cameras forum at
https://groups.io/g/myolympus
https://myolympus.org/ photo sharing site

David Brooks

Sep 4, 2022, 11:23:13 AMSep 4
On 04/09/2022 12:44, Alfred Molon wrote:
> Am 02.09.2022 um 13:00 schrieb David Brooks:
>> Eat your heart out, Savageduck!
>>
>> YOU are good - but THIS is outstanding!
>>
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz9oI3B6v4c
>>
>> Well worth reading some of the 'Comments'. Here's an example:-
>>
>> "Absolutely Stunning. Considering a piece of technology basically
>> available to everyone is capable of producing such high clas material.
>> Only surpassed by the achievement of the crew carrying that equpipment
>> to the place itself" :-)
>
> I thought helicopters couldn't fly that high, but just checked:
> https://aerocorner.com/blog/how-high-can-helicopter-fly/
>
> Somebody even managed to land a helicopter on Mt Everest.

You are correct!
My son is a helicopter pilot. It was he who introduced me to the video clip!

David Brooks

Sep 9, 2022, 4:02:39 AMSep 9
I'm pleased that you enjoyed it, 'geoff'! :-D

Do you have any video clips you'd care to share?

Joerg Lorenz

Sep 9, 2022, 4:42:10 AMSep 9
Am 09.09.22 um 10:02 schrieb David Brooks:
In the appropriate groups please.
Not here in the technical groups.

FUP2 uk.comp.sys.mac

--
Gutta cavat lapidem (Ovid)

Peter James

Sep 11, 2022, 3:15:05 AMSep 11
Magnificent, and terrifying.
Peter
--
The email shown is false. If you need to contact me then try peterATpfjamesDOTcoDOTuk

Addresses are given to us to conceal our whereabouts.
Saki (H.H.Munro) 1870 - 1916

HunterBD

Sep 11, 2022, 6:46:18 AMSep 11
On 11/09/2022 08:14, Peter James wrote:
> On 2 Sep 2022 at 21:55:23 BST, "geoff" <ge...@nospamgeoffwood.org> wrote:
>
>> On 2/09/2022 11:00 PM, David Brooks wrote:
>>> Eat your heart out, Savageduck!
>>>
>>> YOU are good - but THIS is outstanding!
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz9oI3B6v4c
>>>
>>> Well worth reading some of the 'Comments'. Here's an example:-
>>>
>>> "Absolutely Stunning. Considering a piece of technology basically
>>> available to everyone is capable of producing such high clas material.
>>> Only surpassed by the achievement of the crew carrying that equpipment
>>> to the place itself" :-)
>>>

>> Truly stunning - every aspect of the excercise !
>>
>> geoff
>
> Magnificent, and terrifying.
> Peter

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed that, Peter. :-D

Have you had any difficulty playing any of the drone videos filmed and
posted by Savageduck?

TIA

Peter James

Sep 12, 2022, 2:46:44 AMSep 12
On 11 Sep 2022 at 11:46:11 BST, "HunterBD" <Hunt...@btinternet.invalid>
wrote:
Not so far. Why do you ask.

Peter James

Sep 12, 2022, 2:47:06 AMSep 12
On 11 Sep 2022 at 11:46:11 BST, "HunterBD" <Hunt...@btinternet.invalid>

HunterBD

Sep 12, 2022, 3:12:01 AMSep 12
On 12/09/2022 07:46, Peter James wrote:
> On 11 Sep 2022 at 11:46:11 BST, "HunterBD" <Hunt...@btinternet.invalid>
> wrote:

>>> Magnificent, and terrifying.
>>> Peter
>>
>> I'm so pleased that you enjoyed that, Peter. :-D
>>
>> Have you had any difficulty playing any of the drone videos filmed and
>> posted by Savageduck?
>>
>> TIA
>
> Not so far. Why do you ask.
> Peter

Please see Message-ID: <qBATK.169954$9Yp5....@fx12.iad>

Or the thread here:-
https://groups.google.com/g/rec.photo.digital/c/dGqvklBCeQM/m/jeVoYrr-BAAJ

How is your poorly computer today?

HunterBD

Sep 12, 2022, 3:36:35 AMSep 12
On 12/09/2022 07:46, Peter James wrote:
> On 11 Sep 2022 at 11:46:11 BST, "HunterBD" <Hunt...@btinternet.invalid>
> wrote:

>>> Magnificent, and terrifying.
>>> Peter
>>
>> I'm so pleased that you enjoyed that, Peter. :-D
>>
>> Have you had any difficulty playing any of the drone videos filmed and
>> posted by Savageduck?
>>
>> TIA

No viewable post/message from Peter!