Apple iCloud Drive query - can you help, please?

David Brooks

Aug 27, 2022, 10:40:20 AM8/27/22
Hello

Many of those reading here will have viewed the superb videos made of
Morro Bay by LO (Savageduck)

I've posed a question in a Mac Forum which someone here may be able to
answer. If you can help, please do so - either there or here on Usenet.

https://www.mac-forums.com/threads/apple-icloud-drive-query-can-you-help-please.374462/

Thanks.

--
Warm regards,
David

Kelly Phillips

Aug 27, 2022, 12:25:27 PM8/27/22
On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 15:40:12 +0100, David Brooks <Da...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

<snipped extra fluff>

>I've posed a question in a Mac Forum which someone here may be able to
>answer.

If you have a question, why not simply ask it *HERE*? Why post it
somewhere else and then beg people to go find it?

David Brooks

Aug 27, 2022, 12:29:36 PM8/27/22
Here's the reason:- https://imgur.com/a/raSh7JO

HTH

Kelly Phillips

Aug 27, 2022, 12:37:05 PM8/27/22
On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 17:29:28 +0100, David Brooks <Da...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>On 27/08/2022 17:25, Kelly Phillips wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 15:40:12 +0100, David Brooks <Da...@invalid.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>
>> <snipped extra fluff>
>>
>>> I've posed a question in a Mac Forum which someone here may be able to
>>> answer.
>>
>> If you have a question, why not simply ask it *HERE*? Why post it
>> somewhere else and then beg people to go find it?
>
>Here's the reason:

FAIL

David Brooks

Aug 27, 2022, 1:38:48 PM8/27/22
"When a post is Hidden, you can grab a link and share it outside of the
Imgur community. Click the 'To Community' button to make your post
Public to share with the Imgur community for comments, upvotes, and
reactions."

Can ANYBODY read at the link I posted? https://imgur.com/a/raSh7JO

Kelly Phillips

Aug 27, 2022, 4:17:46 PM8/27/22
On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 18:38:40 +0100, David Brooks <Da...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>On 27/08/2022 17:36, Kelly Phillips wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 17:29:28 +0100, David Brooks <Da...@invalid.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> Here's the reason:
>>
>> FAIL
>
>"When a post is Hidden, you can grab a link and share it outside of the
>Imgur community. Click the 'To Community' button to make your post
>Public to share with the Imgur community for comments, upvotes, and
>reactions."
>
>Can ANYBODY read at the link I posted? https://imgur.com/

What's with all of the links? Are you incapable of actually writing a
proper post here on Usenet?

nospam

Aug 27, 2022, 4:23:51 PM8/27/22
In article <qtukgh9fnk92dosut...@4ax.com>, Kelly Phillips
<KF...@podcasts.org> wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 18:38:40 +0100, David Brooks <Da...@invalid.invalid>
> wrote:
> >Can ANYBODY read at the link I posted?

> What's with all of the links? Are you incapable of actually writing a
> proper post here on Usenet?

do you really need to ask?

Kelly Phillips

Aug 27, 2022, 9:18:05 PM8/27/22
On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 16:23:44 -0400, nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid>
wrote:
I wasn't asking for myself, I was trying to get him to think before he
posts. I know, I know...

David Brooks

Aug 28, 2022, 3:41:08 AM8/28/22
Did you note the /reason/ for running the EtreCheck report?

<problemdescription>Inability to communicate with Mr John
Daniel!</problemdescription>

Mike Easter provided the header information:
http://al.howardknight.net/?ID=166164359200

The IMPORTANT question, though, is *HOW* did that report get into my
iCloud Drive?

I didn't knowingly put it there myself.

Kelly Phillips

Aug 29, 2022, 12:19:55 AM8/29/22
On Sun, 28 Aug 2022 08:41:01 +0100, David Brooks <Da...@invalid.invalid>
wrote:

>On 28/08/2022 02:17, Kelly Phillips wrote:
>> On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 16:23:44 -0400, nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid>
>> wrote:

>>> do you really need to ask?
>>
>> I wasn't asking for myself, I was trying to get him to think before he
>> posts. I know, I know...
>
>Did you note the /reason/ for running the EtreCheck report?
>
> <problemdescription>Inability to communicate with Mr John
>Daniel!</problemdescription>

I don't think you *posted* the reason for running a bit of software that
you claim to be suspicious of. You probably hid it in a link and forgot
about it instead of actually posting it here.

>The IMPORTANT question, though, is *HOW* did that report get into my
>iCloud Drive?
>
>I didn't knowingly put it there myself.

To be fair, you're the guy who was recently amazed that you could click
on a link to a video and ...(wait for it)...the video played! So, yeah,
technical things are going to be over your head.