Images uploaded to Google a while ago show signs of being corrupted?

RichA

Sep 27, 2022, 10:35:18 AMSep 27

Magani

Sep 27, 2022, 7:38:05 PMSep 27
On Wednesday, 28 September 2022 at 12:35:18 am UTC+10, RichA wrote:
> The horror of the "cloud."
>
> https://petapixel.com/2022/09/27/google-photos-is-corrupting-images-uploaded-over-five-years-ago/
I've probably said it before, but if not...

Google 'Cloud' is just another computer, and one in which you have very little control.

While I use Google Photos/Cloud, I look on it only as a last resort (albeit convenient) backup or a place where I can share photos with family/friends. I would never consider having Google as my only storage repository.

Cheers,
Magani

Whisky-dave

Sep 28, 2022, 8:05:08 AMSep 28
On Tuesday, 27 September 2022 at 15:35:18 UTC+1, RichA wrote:
> The horror of the "cloud."
>
> https://petapixel.com/2022/09/27/google-photos-is-corrupting-images-uploaded-over-five-years-ago/

The original photos are still ok.

if yuor photos are importent then treat them as such and have a few more backups .