Re: Photographer can't be forced to shoot same-sex weddings, federal judge rules

Lock The FAGGOTS UP!

Sep 5, 2022, 1:05:08 AMSep 5
In article <t1g97t$313rs$2...@news.freedyn.de>
<governo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> ...Obama sucked little boy dicks too.

The city of Louisville, Kentucky, can’t bar a photographer from
limiting her wedding photography business to opposite-sex
couples or from explaining why her religious beliefs compel her
to turn down same-sex wedding assignments, a federal district
court ruled Tuesday.

Chelsey Nelson, a Christian photographer who specializes in
photographing weddings, challenged the city ordinance that
required her to create photographs and online blogs for same-sex
weddings if she did so for those between a man and a woman.

The city’s public-accommodations “Fairness Ordinance” also
banned her from publicly explaining her religious reasons for
defining her wedding-photography service in that way.

Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer, in a statement Tuesday evening,
said the city “will likely” appeal the decision.

He said the city “will continue to enforce to the fullest extent
possible its ordinance prohibiting anti-discriminatory practices
and will fight against discrimination in any form.”

Attorneys with the Alliance Defending Freedom, a public-interest
law firm, asked the federal court to stop Louisville from
“threatening” Ms. Nelson, a news release stated. They also noted
Ms. Nelson’s “case is similar to one now pending before the U.S.
Supreme Court — 303 Creative v. Elenis — involving Colorado
graphic artist and website designer Lorie Smith.”

The high court will hear Ms. Smith’s case in the term beginning
in October.

“Although Louisville may require restaurants and hotels and
stores to provide services regardless of the proprietors’ views
or their customers’ legal status, the government may not force
singers or writers or photographers to articulate messages they
don’t support,” Judge Benjamin J. Beaton, a Trump appointee,
wrote in a 44-page opinion issued Tuesday.

The opinion also said notions of “fairness” do not give the
state the right to bar dissent.

“The Constitution does not permit governments to promote their
perceptions of fairness by extinguishing or conditioning the
free expression of opposing perceptions of the common good,” he
wrote.

ADF attorney Bryan Neihart, in a statement, said he hopes the
Supreme Court will reach a similar decision.

“Free speech is for everyone. No one should be forced to say
something they don’t believe,” he said. The district court’s
decision “sends a clear and necessary message to every
Kentuckian — and American — that each of us is free to speak and
work according to our deeply held beliefs.”

The Washington Times also contacted County Attorney Mike
O’Connell for comment.

• Mark A. Kellner can be reached at mkel...@washingtontimes.com.

Comments:

BakkaHead
Aug 31
"The city’s public-accommodations “Fairness Ordinance” also
banned her from publicly explaining her religious reasons for
defining her wedding-photography service in that way." Irony
much?

Dareka
Aug 31
Imagine that! "Tolerant" Leftists want to GAG you from even
having the right to explain your views!

I bet that's the first time Leftists have ever tried to silence
dissent or free speech, right? /sarc

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/aug/30/chelsey-nelson-
christian-photographer-cant-be-forc/

geoff

Sep 5, 2022, 7:12:06 AMSep 5
On 5/09/2022 5:00 pm, Lock The FAGGOTS UP! wrote:
> In article <t1g97t$313rs$2...@news.freedyn.de>
> <governo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> ...Obama sucked little boy dicks too.
>>

> The city of Louisville, Kentucky, can’t bar a photographer from
> limiting her wedding photography business to opposite-sex
> couples or from explaining why her religious beliefs compel her
> to turn down same-sex wedding assignments, a federal district
> court ruled Tuesday.
>
> Chelsey Nelson, a Christian photographer who specializes in
> photographing weddings, challenged the city ordinance that
> required her to create photographs and online blogs for same-sex
> weddings if she did so for those between a man and a woman.

Can't image why anybody would want a photographer with that POV to
photograph their same-sex wedding.

geoff

Blue Lives Matter

Sep 5, 2022, 7:46:08 AMSep 5
On Mon, 5 Sep 2022 23:11:53 +1200, geoff <ge...@nospamgeoffwood.org>
wrote:
Leftists like to control people and force them to do things they don't
choose to do.

BeamMeUpScotty

Sep 5, 2022, 12:28:25 PMSep 5
Because the DEMOCRATS and LGBTQ cult gets-off on slavery... and forcing
people to do stuff against their will.

Amendment XIII
Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, *except as a*
*punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted*
, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their
jurisdiction.

Those Judges that ruled in favor of Democrats and LGBTQ didn't enforce
equality they enabled the DEMOCRATS who we know LOVE SLAVERY to once
again engage in slavery and show their true nature.

This is who Democrats really are....

--
-That's karma-

The result is DEMOCRATS lies about history and reality to themselves and
others means their attempts to figure-out what's wrong is an exercise in
futility, because what they think they know they really don't know, and
fixing problems without the truth... becomes a fools errand.