Is there an "issue" with the X-Trans sensor?

RichA

Jan 28, 2017, 4:29:44 PM1/28/17
YOU be the judge!! Having little to no experience with Fuji, I have no idea.

https://petapixel.com/2017/01/27/x-trans-promise-problem/

Alfred Molon

Jan 28, 2017, 5:20:10 PM1/28/17
In article <bd14687a-3dc8-438f...@googlegroups.com>,
RichA says...

> YOU be the judge!! Having little to no experience with Fuji, I have no idea.
>
> https://petapixel.com/2017/01/27/x-trans-promise-problem/

Pink teeth, my goodness...
--
Alfred Molon

Savageduck

Jan 28, 2017, 6:27:45 PM1/28/17
On 2017-01-28 21:29:41 +0000, RichA <rande...@gmail.com> said:

> YOU be the judge!! Having little to no experience with Fuji, I have no idea.
>
> https://petapixel.com/2017/01/27/x-trans-promise-problem/

I haven't bought my X-T2 yet so I can't speak for the X-Trans III, but
as far as the X-Trans II in my X-E2 goes I can't complain. From what I
have seen the moaning comes from folks who do not use X-Series cameras,
or have experience shooting and processing X-Trans RAF files.

There were initially some issues with processing RAW RAF files with
Lightroom which have now been fixed via Adobe/Fuji collaboration.
Irident has a good reputation for RAF processing, and DxO isn't even trying.
Anyway, here are a few X-Trans II samples:
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/Demo/_DSF0393.jpg>
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/Demo/_DSF0511.jpg>
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/Demo/_DSF1927.jpg>
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/Demo/_DSF4104.jpg>
--
Regards,

Savageduck

Eric Stevens

Jan 28, 2017, 11:17:24 PM1/28/17
On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 15:27:37 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2017-01-28 21:29:41 +0000, RichA <rande...@gmail.com> said:
>
>> YOU be the judge!! Having little to no experience with Fuji, I have no idea.
>>
>> https://petapixel.com/2017/01/27/x-trans-promise-problem/
>
>I haven't bought my X-T2 yet so I can't speak for the X-Trans III, but
>as far as the X-Trans II in my X-E2 goes I can't complain. From what I
>have seen the moaning comes from folks who do not use X-Series cameras,
>or have experience shooting and processing X-Trans RAF files.
>
>There were initially some issues with processing RAW RAF files with
>Lightroom which have now been fixed via Adobe/Fuji collaboration.
>Irident has a good reputation for RAF processing, and DxO isn't even trying.
>Anyway, here are a few X-Trans II samples:
><https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/Demo/_DSF0393.jpg>
><https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/Demo/_DSF0511.jpg>

Tsk tsk. Wrong wheels (later model) wheels and tires.

><https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/Demo/_DSF1927.jpg>

It's green! But the soil doesn't look the right color. Is it really
that yellow tinged with green?

><https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/Demo/_DSF4104.jpg>
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Savageduck

Jan 28, 2017, 11:52:16 PM1/28/17
On 2017-01-29 04:17:18 +0000, Eric Stevens <eric.s...@sum.co.nz> said:

> On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 15:27:37 -0800, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
>> On 2017-01-28 21:29:41 +0000, RichA <rande...@gmail.com> said:
>>
>>> YOU be the judge!! Having little to no experience with Fuji, I have no idea.
>>>
>>> https://petapixel.com/2017/01/27/x-trans-promise-problem/
>>
>> I haven't bought my X-T2 yet so I can't speak for the X-Trans III, but
>> as far as the X-Trans II in my X-E2 goes I can't complain. From what I
>> have seen the moaning comes from folks who do not use X-Series cameras,
>> or have experience shooting and processing X-Trans RAF files.
>>
>> There were initially some issues with processing RAW RAF files with
>> Lightroom which have now been fixed via Adobe/Fuji collaboration.
>> Irident has a good reputation for RAF processing, and DxO isn't even trying.
>> Anyway, here are a few X-Trans II samples:
>> <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/Demo/_DSF0393.jpg>
>> <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/Demo/_DSF0511.jpg>
>
> Tsk tsk. Wrong wheels (later model) wheels and tires.

Nope. The car is a 1932 Ford Model B De Luxe Coupe, not an earlier
Model A. Only the tires are not period correct, no white walls.

>> <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/Demo/_DSF1927.jpg>
>
> It's green! But the soil doesn't look the right color. Is it really
> that yellow tinged with green?

That was spring last year after we had a drop of rain to bring out the
wild flowers, the yellow, out at the Carrizo Plain. Give it a drop of
water and that is what it looks like, though I had added a slight
vigette in post. This is on Hwy 158 almost on the San Andreas fault
line.

Here is a little close version, without the vignette.
<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/Demo/_DSF1913.jpg>

RichA

Jan 29, 2017, 2:46:55 AM1/29/17
On Saturday, 28 January 2017 23:17:24 UTC-5, Eric Stevens wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 15:27:37 -0800, Savageduck
> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>
> >On 2017-01-28 21:29:41 +0000, RichA <rande...@gmail.com> said:
> >
> >> YOU be the judge!! Having little to no experience with Fuji, I have no idea.
> >>
> >> https://petapixel.com/2017/01/27/x-trans-promise-problem/
> >
> >I haven't bought my X-T2 yet so I can't speak for the X-Trans III, but
> >as far as the X-Trans II in my X-E2 goes I can't complain. From what I
> >have seen the moaning comes from folks who do not use X-Series cameras,
> >or have experience shooting and processing X-Trans RAF files.
> >
> >There were initially some issues with processing RAW RAF files with
> >Lightroom which have now been fixed via Adobe/Fuji collaboration.
> >Irident has a good reputation for RAF processing, and DxO isn't even trying.
> >Anyway, here are a few X-Trans II samples:
> ><https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/Demo/_DSF0393.jpg>
> ><https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/Demo/_DSF0511.jpg>
>
> Tsk tsk. Wrong wheels (later model) wheels and tires.
>
> ><https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/Demo/_DSF1927.jpg>

Striking image. Punched up, no doubt, but not objectionable. Notice all plane contrails? According to the U.S. weather survey, the day of Sept 11 2001 when all air travel was banned in N. America, sunlight was almost 10% stronger because there was no cloud contribution from aircraft!

Eric Stevens

Jan 29, 2017, 3:10:43 AM1/29/17
On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 20:52:08 -0800, Savageduck
<savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>On 2017-01-29 04:17:18 +0000, Eric Stevens <eric.s...@sum.co.nz> said:
>
>> On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 15:27:37 -0800, Savageduck
>> <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

>>> I haven't bought my X-T2 yet so I can't speak for the X-Trans III, but
>>> as far as the X-Trans II in my X-E2 goes I can't complain. From what I
>>> have seen the moaning comes from folks who do not use X-Series cameras,
>>> or have experience shooting and processing X-Trans RAF files.
>>>
>>> There were initially some issues with processing RAW RAF files with
>>> Lightroom which have now been fixed via Adobe/Fuji collaboration.
>>> Irident has a good reputation for RAF processing, and DxO isn't even trying.
>>> Anyway, here are a few X-Trans II samples:
>>> <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/Demo/_DSF0393.jpg>
>>> <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/Demo/_DSF0511.jpg>
>>
>> Tsk tsk. Wrong wheels (later model) wheels and tires.
>
>Nope. The car is a 1932 Ford Model B De Luxe Coupe, not an earlier
>Model A. Only the tires are not period correct, no white walls.

With respect, I disagree. The radiator is wrong for a Model B and so
too is the rake of the windscreen. The wheels are certainly Model B
wheels but they don't go with the body. See http://tinyurl.com/hsgrufz
and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1932_Ford

>>> <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/Demo/_DSF1927.jpg>
>>
>> It's green! But the soil doesn't look the right color. Is it really
>> that yellow tinged with green?
>
>That was spring last year after we had a drop of rain to bring out the
>wild flowers, the yellow, out at the Carrizo Plain. Give it a drop of
>water and that is what it looks like, though I had added a slight
>vigette in post. This is on Hwy 158 almost on the San Andreas fault
>line.
>
>Here is a little close version, without the vignette.
><https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/Demo/_DSF1913.jpg>
>

>>> <https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/Demo/_DSF4104.jpg>
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens

newshound

Jan 29, 2017, 3:20:28 PM1/29/17
On 1/28/2017 9:29 PM, RichA wrote:
> YOU be the judge!! Having little to no experience with Fuji, I have no idea.
>
> https://petapixel.com/2017/01/27/x-trans-promise-problem/

All very clever stuff, no doubt. I'm certainly happy with my modest X-E1
and a fair selection of glass. I tend to shoot raw but normally use the
JPEGs. I would wish for faster autofocus for action shots but I might
get an X-T2 some time this year.

I don't really understand why someone puts so much effort into using
hardware that they don't like. Perhaps he's being paid by the Bayer brigade.

Savageduck

Jan 29, 2017, 4:06:36 PM1/29/17
;-)
--