Moron tries to get selfie with a lion. Guess what happened?

Rich

Feb 16, 2024, 6:18:22 PMFeb 16

Alan Browne

Feb 18, 2024, 9:39:49 AMFeb 18
"Gujjar scaled a 12-foot high fence and jumped into the lion’s enclosure
in an attempt to take a selfie with the animal."

It's important that we have living (and dying) examples of stupidity
with which to educate others.

--
“Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.”
- John Maynard Keynes.

Carlos E.R.

Feb 18, 2024, 3:02:38 PMFeb 18
On 2024-02-18 15:39, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2024-02-16 18:18, Rich wrote:
>> Darwin won this one.
>>
>> https://petapixel.com/2024/02/16/man-mauled-to-death-by-lion-after-trying-to-take-selfie-with-it/
>
> "Gujjar scaled a 12-foot high fence and jumped into the lion’s enclosure
> in an attempt to take a selfie with the animal."
>
> It's important that we have living (and dying) examples of stupidity
> with which to educate others.

Are you sure this is new? I seem to recall this event, years ago.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

Alan Browne

Feb 18, 2024, 3:42:20 PMFeb 18
a) I didn't post it,
b) link data above is 2023-02-16,
c) article - likewise.

Still no proof it's new, but certainly looks so. IAC over the years
I've read of camera+person+lion tragedies in various places, so no great
surprise.

Carlos E.R.

Feb 18, 2024, 6:43:33 PMFeb 18
On 2024-02-18 21:42, Alan Browne wrote:
> On 2024-02-18 14:59, Carlos E.R. wrote:

>>> "Gujjar scaled a 12-foot high fence and jumped into the lion’s
>>> enclosure in an attempt to take a selfie with the animal."
>>>
>>> It's important that we have living (and dying) examples of stupidity
>>> with which to educate others.
>>
>> Are you sure this is new? I seem to recall this event, years ago.
>
> a) I didn't post it,

I know.

> b) link data above is 2023-02-16,
> c) article - likewise.
>
> Still no proof it's new, but certainly looks so.  IAC over the years
> I've read of camera+person+lion tragedies in various places, so no great
> surprise.

There are many deaths while doing a selfie around. Some could happen
twice. Bound to happen, it is just stats.

--
Cheers, Carlos.

sobriquet

Feb 19, 2024, 7:56:03 PMFeb 19
On Saturday, February 17, 2024 at 12:18:22 AM UTC+1, Rich wrote:
> Darwin won this one.
>
> https://petapixel.com/2024/02/16/man-mauled-to-death-by-lion-after-trying-to-take-selfie-with-it/

Remember.. only take selfies with friendly animals, like crocodiles and grizzly bears!

Alan Browne

Feb 20, 2024, 9:37:07 AMFeb 20
Also get an NDA. (Non dismemberment agreement).