Mostly mediocre "astronomy" shots in this contest

RichA

Sep 16, 2021, 9:03:54 PM9/16/21
Getting so tired of:
-Stars and landscapes.
-hyper-color saturated nebula shots
-Detail-less brilliant green aurora shots.

The rest are just ho-hum.

newshound

Sep 18, 2021, 4:59:52 PM9/18/21
I do know what you mean in general. Not sure if you mean this contest

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/58594977

but I did rather like the rocket and the meteor shots, even though they
were achieved by good luck. And the youngster's composite, and the 360
degree "milky way" were both quite imaginative.

I still find it astonishing that amateurs with relatively modest
equipment in light-polluted areas can take both planetary and DSO images
that are better than could be achieved by Mount Wilson or Mount Palomar
when I was a youngster in the 1950's.

RichA

Oct 2, 2021, 9:57:51 PM10/2/21
On Saturday, 18 September 2021 at 16:59:52 UTC-4, newshound wrote:
> On 17/09/2021 02:03, RichA wrote:
> > Getting so tired of:
> > -Stars and landscapes.
> > -hyper-color saturated nebula shots
> > -Detail-less brilliant green aurora shots.
> >
> > The rest are just ho-hum.
> >
> I do know what you mean in general. Not sure if you mean this contest
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/58594977
>
> but I did rather like the rocket and the meteor shots, even though they
> were achieved by good luck. And the youngster's composite, and the 360
> degree "milky way" were both quite imaginative.

Gimmicky. Like being near and airport and taking planes crossing the sun.

newshound

Oct 3, 2021, 7:06:02 AM10/3/21
I'd still have been very happy with the rocket shot myself.