Depth of field - two of them?

Commander Kinsey

Jan 15, 2019, 9:56:25 AM1/15/19
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctqungbvvetxffp/field.jpg?dl=0
This is a snapshot of Startrek The Next Generation, Season 6, Episode 26.
It appears to have two planes of focus, one centred on the right eye of the man in the foreground, and one on the right side of the chest of the man in the background. Two cameras with superimposing? Or some effect put in afterwards?

nospam

Jan 15, 2019, 10:19:18 AM1/15/19
In article <op.zvnye...@desktop-ga2mpl8.lan>, Commander Kinsey
it's not two planes of focus.

David B.

Jan 15, 2019, 4:24:32 PM1/15/19
Why is the left hand side of the body of the man in the background so
out of focus?

--
David B.

nospam

Jan 15, 2019, 4:45:58 PM1/15/19
In article <dcs%D.9089$ox....@fx05.fr7>, David B. <
B"@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

> Why is the left hand side of the body of the man in the background so
> out of focus?

because that's what the director wanted.

David B.

Jan 15, 2019, 4:52:38 PM1/15/19
You are GUESSING again!

https://i.imgur.com/ehnp4m0.jpg

--
David B.

nospam

Jan 15, 2019, 4:53:24 PM1/15/19
In article <ACs%D.1355$7S2...@fx08.fr7>, David B. <
B"@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

> >> Why is the left hand side of the body of the man in the background so
> >> out of focus?
> >
> > because that's what the director wanted.
>
> You are GUESSING again!

nope.

> https://

spam.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 15, 2019, 5:50:28 PM1/15/19
On Tue, 15 Jan 2019 22:14:49 -0000, Andy Blanchard <an...@localhost.localdomain> wrote:
> Possibly a post-processing effect, but another option might be that a
> perspective correcting lens was used to apply some swing to the plane of
> focus. Looks very much like there's a single plane of focus from Data's
> right eye (our left) through the Borg, and on to the wall in the
> background, which is very much an effect these lenses can achieve.
>
> Not sure whether that's a physical option for the cameras used for
> ST:TNG though...

Yes it does look that way, it sounds interesting, how can a lens do such a thing? And yes I did try google and only got unrelated results.

Ron C

Jan 15, 2019, 6:00:19 PM1/15/19
Google Scheimpflug Rule
--
==
Later...

Jeff

Jan 15, 2019, 7:27:10 PM1/15/19
"Commander Kinsey" <CFKi...@military.org.jp> wrote in
Going by the still and not seeing the video I would assume the Borg is a
chromakeyed background since the lighting is quite different on them.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 15, 2019, 7:50:13 PM1/15/19
Cool! Especially this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheimpflug_principle#/media/File:Tilt-lens_photo_of_model_train.jpg
I'm surprised this isn't used more often.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 15, 2019, 7:51:48 PM1/15/19
Are you sure? What makes you say the lighting is different?

Whisky-dave

Jan 16, 2019, 6:24:46 AM1/16/19
No the Borg are a cybernetic organism that assimilates other lifeforms and technologies into their own collective consciousness.

Resistance is futile. :-)

Well to some extent anyway.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 16, 2019, 10:33:05 AM1/16/19
I doubt they can manipulate the focussing of themselves.

Eric Stevens

Jan 17, 2019, 3:57:58 AM1/17/19
On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 22:27:28 +0000, Andy Blanchard
<an...@localhost.localdomain> wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 00:50:09 -0000, "Commander Kinsey"
><CFKi...@military.org.jp> wrote:
>
>>Cool! Especially this:
>>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheimpflug_principle#/media/File:Tilt-lens_photo_of_model_train.jpg
>>I'm surprised this isn't used more often.
>
>It's used more often that you might think, and you'll find examples of
>both tilt (tipping the lens up or down) and swing (turning it left or
>right) as with the train or ST:TNG still if you know what to look for.
>Tilt is often used for purely creative effects or extreme depth of field
>for long-distance shots, swing is mostly used for keeping two characters
>(or whatever) in sharp focus like this is really the only usage I've
>noticed for swing. Swing is a pretty good solution for scenarios where
>the director wants a deep depth of field but lighting conditions mean
>high ISOs and/or wide apertures.
>
>The limiting factor is more the camera used and what mount options are
>available as realistically, you need Canon EF or Nikon F mount, although
>there are a few other options for TS-E/PC lenses. Now that DSLR lenses
>are being used more for broadcast video the options for tilt/shift
>lenses have gone up and I expect to see much more usage.

In the days of plate and cut-film cameras, most such cameras had the
ability to employ a number of such adjustments. Only the more
expensive 'technical' cameras offered the full range. See for example
https://s23527.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/chroma_technical_large_format-1.jpg.optimal.jpg
or http://tinyurl.com/y72s28qo
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens

newshound

Jan 17, 2019, 7:01:44 AM1/17/19
I remember them, when we had a proper photographer at the research labs.

How much for a full plate sensor though!

Eric Stevens

Jan 17, 2019, 5:57:45 PM1/17/19
I don't know about full plate, but how about this?
http://largesense.com/files/1514/9071/3222/Banner1e.jpg
--

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Commander Kinsey

Jan 17, 2019, 6:34:07 PM1/17/19
7.5MP? Not particularly good, or am I missing something?

Jeff

Jan 17, 2019, 7:30:08 PM1/17/19
"Commander Kinsey" <CFKi...@military.org.jp> wrote in
Data more directly lighted mainly from the left, Borg diffused slightly
biased from the right.
Like I said this is just from the still. I don't know if the video would show
them interacting in a way that showed they were being filmed at the same
time.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 17, 2019, 8:42:37 PM1/17/19
On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 00:30:03 -0000, Jeff <j...@donotspam.me> wrote:

> "Commander Kinsey" <CFKi...@military.org.jp> wrote in
>
>> On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 00:27:07 -0000, Jeff <j...@donotspam.me> wrote:
>>
>>> "Commander Kinsey" <CFKi...@military.org.jp> wrote in

>>> Going by the still and not seeing the video I would assume the Borg is a
>>> chromakeyed background since the lighting is quite different on them.
>>
>> Are you sure? What makes you say the lighting is different?
>
> Data more directly lighted mainly from the left, Borg diffused slightly
> biased from the right.

Good point, I hadn't noticed that. But there are several lights in the room.

> Like I said this is just from the still. I don't know if the video would show
> them interacting in a way that showed they were being filmed at the same
> time.

They were interacting. Whether they were filmed simultaneously I can't tell.

Savageduck

Jan 17, 2019, 10:04:32 PM1/17/19
On Jan 17, 2019, Commander Kinsey wrote
(in article <op.zvsbq...@desktop-ga2mpl8.lan>):
Yup, you are missing something. That is 75-micron pixel size, not 75MP.
However, the actual photo resolution is 12 MP @ 3888 x 3072, and it is B&W
only, and you will get images that only a large area sensor can produce.
...and it only costs $106,000 without a lens.

<http://largesense.com/gallery/>

<http://largesense.com/products/8x10-large-format-digital-back-ls911/>

<https://youtu.be/CgpioaDb3Fs>

--
Regards,
Savageduck

David B.

Jan 18, 2019, 5:13:46 AM1/18/19
Ha! :-) I hope you have found it worthwhile coming to this group!

--
David B.

Whisky-dave

Jan 18, 2019, 5:51:01 AM1/18/19
I'll have two so I can take stereo photos.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 18, 2019, 8:10:25 AM1/18/19
I looked up "8 x 10 digital resolution", which google says is 2400x3000 pixels.

> However, the actual photo resolution is 12 MP @ 3888 x 3072, and it is B&W
> only, and you will get images that only a large area sensor can produce.
> ...and it only costs $106,000 without a lens.

What's so good about a large sensor? Or maybe they don't lie about the MP like a lot of cameras - my Fuji 10MP is only capable of about 2.5MP. Telling it to give out 10MP doesn't increase the image quality - either they used a duff lens or the sensor isn't 10MP and they're interpolating.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 18, 2019, 8:11:15 AM1/18/19
Yes, there are knowledgeable people in here, which is unusual for newsgroups :-)

Commander Kinsey

Jan 18, 2019, 8:12:29 AM1/18/19
On the subject of stereo - am I the only one that never needs to use the focus control on binoculars? My eyes seem to focus it themselves.

nospam

Jan 18, 2019, 8:33:57 AM1/18/19
In article <op.zvtdj...@desktop-ga2mpl8.lan>, Commander Kinsey
<CFKi...@military.org.jp> wrote:

> > However, the actual photo resolution is 12 MP @ 3888 x 3072, and it is B&W
> > only, and you will get images that only a large area sensor can produce.
> > ...and it only costs $106,000 without a lens.
>
> What's so good about a large sensor?

better image quality, with less noise and/or more pixels.

> Or maybe they don't lie about the MP
> like a lot of cameras

none do. lying about the specs is illegal.

> - my Fuji 10MP is only capable of about 2.5MP.

false.

> Telling
> it to give out 10MP doesn't increase the image quality - either they used a
> duff lens or the sensor isn't 10MP and they're interpolating.

neither. the lens has nothing to do with how many megapixels the sensor
has and it's not interpolated up from 2.5mp.

this was already explained to you several times in another thread and
i'm sure you'll argue about it yet again.

David B.

Jan 18, 2019, 9:06:34 AM1/18/19
There ARE good people here! :-)

Philo (my Facebook friend) tells me that 98% of answers given by
'nospam' are simply wrong. You must make up your own mind though.

Enjoy the group.

--
David B.

nospam

Jan 18, 2019, 9:34:11 AM1/18/19
In article <E3l0E.79848$Yn2....@fx26.fr7>, David B. <
B"@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

> > Yes, there are knowledgeable people in here, which is unusual for
> > newsgroups :-)
>
> There ARE good people here! :-)

and you're not one of them.

> Philo (my Facebook friend)

translated: new stalking target.

> tells me that 98% of answers given by
> 'nospam' are simply wrong. You must make up your own mind though.

your repeated attacks make you the troll.

either prove what i say as wrong or stfu.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 18, 2019, 10:58:46 AM1/18/19
I thought nospam was a reincarnation of Rod Speed. He acted like him in another group, and I've since killfiled it.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 18, 2019, 11:00:21 AM1/18/19
I recently gave up on Facebook. I contact friends and relatives by email/phone/in person, privately, not publicly so everyone can see what you're talking about. All I ever got on Facebook was notifications that a friend of a friend of a friend I'd never heard of before had visited MacDonalds and taken a photo of their happy meal.

nospam

Jan 18, 2019, 11:50:48 AM1/18/19
In article <op.zvtlb...@desktop-ga2mpl8.lan>, Commander Kinsey
<CFKi...@military.org.jp> wrote:

> >> Yes, there are knowledgeable people in here, which is unusual for
> >> newsgroups :-)
> >
> > There ARE good people here! :-)
> >
> > Philo (my Facebook friend) tells me that 98% of answers given by
> > 'nospam' are simply wrong. You must make up your own mind though.
> >
> > Enjoy the group.
>
> I thought nospam was a reincarnation of Rod Speed. He acted like him
> in another group, and I've since killfiled it.

nope. you did so because i repeatedly called you out on your never
ending bullshit claims, as did many, many others.

examples include camera makers lying about the number of pixels, that
they upsample images to fool people, what megapixels actually means,
the specs of your alleged canon slr, that edge is not part of win10 and
must be downloaded separately, that your webcam is nonstandard, and
just yesterday, your ridiculous claim that humans can swim in 0c/32f
icy water for 'several hours' without any suitable protection from the
cold.

all of that is bullshit.

David B.

Jan 18, 2019, 12:52:29 PM1/18/19
I'm saddened to learn of your poor experience.

Do you require any help/advice/assistance?

--
David B.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 18, 2019, 1:23:30 PM1/18/19
No thanks, I just don't see the point in Facebook. Anyone I really care about I contact outside of Facebook anyway.

David B.

Jan 18, 2019, 2:32:44 PM1/18/19
OK! :-)

--
David B.

PeterN

Jan 18, 2019, 6:14:32 PM1/18/19
Cheap at half the price. Here's one guy working on a DIY 4x5 equivalent.
<http://maxotics.com/2016/05/30/graflex-4x5-digital-back-diy/>

--
PeterN

Alan Browne

Jan 18, 2019, 6:51:22 PM1/18/19
On 2019-01-15 19:27, Jeff wrote:
> "Commander Kinsey" <CFKi...@military.org.jp> wrote in
>
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctqungbvvetxffp/field.jpg?dl=0
>> This is a snapshot of Startrek The Next Generation, Season 6, Episode
>> 26. It appears to have two planes of focus, one centred on the right eye
>> of the man in the foreground, and one on the right side of the chest of
>> the man in the background. Two cameras with superimposing? Or some
>> effect put in afterwards?
>
> Going by the still and not seeing the video I would assume the Borg is a
> chromakeyed background since the lighting is quite different on them.

+1. Or not necessarily chromakeyed but simply separate video source
being merged into the principle scene.

This is really the silliest of silly threads... oh, wait, but close.

--
"2/3 of Donald Trump's wives were immigrants. Proof that we
need immigrants to do jobs that most Americans wouldn't do."

Commander Kinsey

Jan 18, 2019, 7:16:21 PM1/18/19
On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 23:51:14 -0000, Alan Browne <bitb...@blackhole.com> wrote:

> On 2019-01-15 19:27, Jeff wrote:
>> "Commander Kinsey" <CFKi...@military.org.jp> wrote in
>>
>>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctqungbvvetxffp/field.jpg?dl=0
>>> This is a snapshot of Startrek The Next Generation, Season 6, Episode
>>> 26. It appears to have two planes of focus, one centred on the right eye
>>> of the man in the foreground, and one on the right side of the chest of
>>> the man in the background. Two cameras with superimposing? Or some
>>> effect put in afterwards?
>>
>> Going by the still and not seeing the video I would assume the Borg is a
>> chromakeyed background since the lighting is quite different on them.
>
> +1. Or not necessarily chromakeyed but simply separate video source
> being merged into the principle scene.
>
> This is really the silliest of silly threads... oh, wait, but close.

If someone is sillier than me I want to meet him.

Ron C

Jan 18, 2019, 7:42:34 PM1/18/19
Um ..... see Eric vs nospam;
pick one ;-)
--
==
Later.................

Commander Kinsey

Jan 19, 2019, 10:17:23 AM1/19/19
And where exactly do I "see" this "Eric vs nospam"?

Savageduck

Jan 19, 2019, 10:38:29 AM1/19/19
On Jan 19, 2019, Commander Kinsey wrote
(in article <op.zvvd2...@desktop-ga2mpl8.lan>):
Just check any recent thread.

Perhaps the 402 message "Finally got to the point where no new camera holds
my interest (waiting for specific offering)” thread might be a good example
of Eric vs nospam vs Alan Browne.

--
Regards,
Savageduck

nospam

Jan 19, 2019, 11:35:01 AM1/19/19
In article <0001HW.21F37BEC03...@news.giganews.com>,

> Perhaps the 402 message "Finally got to the point where no new camera holds
> my interest (waiting for specific offering)² thread might be a good example
> of Eric vs nospam vs Alan Browne.

more accurately described as eric vs {nospam, alan browne, harry
nyquist, claude shannon, every signal processing text book..}

Commander Kinsey

Jan 19, 2019, 11:51:55 AM1/19/19
Sorry? 402? That's an http "payment required" error code.

> "Finally got to the point where no new camera holds
> my interest (waiting for specific offering)” thread might be a good example
> of Eric vs nospam vs Alan Browne.

Christ, 95% of that thread has been deleted by my killfiles, and I've only just entered the group.

Alan Browne

Jan 19, 2019, 12:18:02 PM1/19/19
;-)

Alan Browne

Jan 19, 2019, 12:18:29 PM1/19/19
On 2019-01-19 11:51, Commander Kinsey wrote:

> Christ, 95% of that thread has been deleted by my killfiles, and I've
> only just entered the group.

Well done. There is nothing to see there.

Savageduck

Jan 19, 2019, 1:52:08 PM1/19/19
On Jan 19, 2019, Commander Kinsey wrote
(in article <op.zvvig...@desktop-ga2mpl8.lan>):
That was a total (as of the writing of my post) a thread that was 402 posts
long.

> > "Finally got to the point where no new camera holds
> > my interest (waiting for specific offering)” thread might be a good
> > example
> > of Eric vs nospam vs Alan Browne.
>
> Christ, 95% of that thread has been deleted by my killfiles, and I've only
> just entered the group.

Good! So you filters are working?

--
Regards,
Savageduck

David B.

Jan 19, 2019, 2:00:35 PM1/19/19
I agree with that.

>>> "Finally got to the point where no new camera holds
>>> my interest (waiting for specific offering)” thread might be a good
>>> example
>>> of Eric vs nospam vs Alan Browne.
>>
>> Christ, 95% of that thread has been deleted by my killfiles, and I've only
>> just entered the group.
>
> Good! So you filters are working?

Are you still filtering me? ;-)

--
David B.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 19, 2019, 2:43:42 PM1/19/19
Ah, I didn't think of that.

>> > "Finally got to the point where no new camera holds
>> > my interest (waiting for specific offering)” thread might be a good
>> > example
>> > of Eric vs nospam vs Alan Browne.
>>
>> Christ, 95% of that thread has been deleted by my killfiles, and I've only
>> just entered the group.
>
> Good! So you filters are working?

Yes, unlike a lot of people, my filters remove replies to people I don't like.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 19, 2019, 2:44:16 PM1/19/19
I shall reply to this so he can see your question ;-)

David B.

Jan 19, 2019, 3:04:58 PM1/19/19
Thank you! :-)

He's a GOOD man - I really regret upsetting him. :-(

--
David B.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 19, 2019, 3:47:40 PM1/19/19
Some people are too easily upset. I only killfile those who repeatedly bore me.

David B.

Jan 19, 2019, 3:53:17 PM1/19/19
How do you feel about emailing me and telling me a little more about
you? You've been a bit of fresh air on Usenet since the day I first met you!

--
David B.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 19, 2019, 3:58:28 PM1/19/19
Ok, what's your email address?

David B.

Jan 19, 2019, 3:59:22 PM1/19/19
Can you view here?

<q1vqr8$rkv$1...@dont-email.me>

Great shot of a Hawk

--
David B.

Savageduck

Jan 19, 2019, 4:48:32 PM1/19/19
On Jan 19, 2019, Commander Kinsey wrote
(in article <op.zvvtv...@desktop-ga2mpl8.lan>):
Not a good idea.

--
Regards,
Savageduck

Commander Kinsey

Jan 19, 2019, 4:57:21 PM1/19/19
Please elaborate on your ridiculous assertion.

Savageduck

Jan 19, 2019, 5:11:00 PM1/19/19
On Jan 19, 2019, Commander Kinsey wrote
(in article <op.zvvwl...@desktop-ga2mpl8.lan>):
Experience, which after I gave him the benefit of doubt, and a degree of
trust, I was somewhat disappointed.

...but if you care to go ahead, who am I to stop you

--
Regards,
Savageduck

David B.

Jan 19, 2019, 6:04:02 PM1/19/19
You doubted my sincerity! I trusted you.

> ...but if you care to go ahead, who am I to stop you

Exactly! ;-)

--
David B.

David B.

Jan 19, 2019, 6:05:56 PM1/19/19
davidandtrishab @ btinternet.com (no spaces)

--
David B.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 19, 2019, 6:22:43 PM1/19/19
I can only comment on what I've seen between David and Diesel. Diesel appears to be an utter arsehole.

Savageduck

Jan 19, 2019, 6:59:21 PM1/19/19
On Jan 19, 2019, Commander Kinsey wrote
(in article <op.zvv0j...@desktop-ga2mpl8.lan>):
Well, I can only agree. His methodology is not one I would employ, or
endorse.

--
Regards,
Savageduck

David B.

Jan 19, 2019, 7:42:54 PM1/19/19
On 19/01/2019 23:59, Savageduck wrote:
> On Jan 19, 2019, Commander Kinsey wrote
> (in article <op.zvv0j...@desktop-ga2mpl8.lan>):
[....]
>> I can only comment on what I've seen between David and Diesel. Diesel appears
>> to be an utter arsehole.
>
> Well, I can only agree. His methodology is not one I would employ, or
> endorse.

This would be a good thread to read, Commander Kinsey!

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.photo.digital/vqqGFGIQSg4%5B1-25%5D

Lots of background (and starting with cats!)

--
David B.

David B.

Jan 20, 2019, 9:31:27 AM1/20/19
On 19/01/2019 19:43, Commander Kinsey wrote:

> Yes, unlike a lot of people, my filters remove replies to people I don't
> like.

Now, completely off topic ....

Did *YOU* make this video?

https://www.facebook.com/SweetBabieFamily/videos/1954302204639493/

If not, you could probably make one much like it! ;-)

--
David B.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 20, 2019, 9:57:22 AM1/20/19
Indeed, my cats are also that stupid, in particular they really cannot grasp Newton's third law of motion (equal and opposite reactions). As in why the hell did the box I just leapt off fly in the other direction and knock everything over, scare the hell out of my sister, and cause her to leap in the air, scare me, and make me knock something else over? I really don't understand how any animal without a basic grasp of its surroundings can survive, perhaps quick reactions.

David B.

Jan 20, 2019, 10:17:50 AM1/20/19
Indeed!

I've always been fascinated by the clips showing a cat 'meeting' a
cucumber! ;-)

--
David B.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 20, 2019, 10:51:54 AM1/20/19
So have I, so I tried it. Evidently my cats aren't quite that stupid. They just ignored it completely. Not sure why a cucumber should scare a cat any more than any other object. All I can find on google is it's either something "sneaking up on them", so why not anything else like a book placed next to them?, or it looks like a snake (but pet cats have never seen a snake so that doesn't make sense either.).

Commander Kinsey

Jan 20, 2019, 10:57:18 AM1/20/19
Looks like 2/3rds of cats are scared of them: https://youtu.be/agi4geKb8v8
Strangely all 7 of mine I tested it on were not scared - perhaps it's the way they're brought up?

PeterN

Jan 20, 2019, 2:20:59 PM1/20/19
> On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 22:10:53 -0000,  wrote:

<snip>

>> ...but if you care to go ahead, who am I to stop you
>
> I can only comment on what I've seen between David and Diesel.  Diesel
> appears to be an utter arsehole.

I don't read either of them.

--
PeterN

David B.

Jan 20, 2019, 2:43:07 PM1/20/19
You should read *ME*! (I'm the GOOD guy!)

THIS is for you, Peter ..... https://goo.gl/SUkH8j

It's about CATS! :-D

--
David B.

nospam

Jan 20, 2019, 2:57:17 PM1/20/19
In article <9b41E.109351$Mo2....@fx28.fr7>, David B. <
B"@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

> >> I can only comment on what I've seen between David and Diesel.  Diesel
> >> appears to be an utter arsehole.
> >
> > I don't read either of them.
>
> You should read *ME*! (I'm the GOOD guy!)

'read' is the wrong word, and no.

> THIS is for you, Peter ..... https://

do not click his links.

nospam

Jan 20, 2019, 2:57:17 PM1/20/19
In article <q22hm...@news4.newsguy.com>, PeterN
<"peter,newdelete"@deleteverizon.net> wrote:

> > I can only comment on what I've seen between David and Diesel.  Diesel
> > appears to be an utter arsehole.
>
> I don't read either of them.

then you can't comment at all.

Troll Finder

Jan 20, 2019, 3:06:00 PM1/20/19
'nospam' is a *TROLL*

98% of what he posts is *WRONG*!

nospam

Jan 20, 2019, 3:07:26 PM1/20/19
In article <q22kb2$1m7p$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Troll Finder
<mixm...@remailer.privacy.at> wrote:

> 'nospam' is a *TROLL*
>
> 98% of what he posts is *WRONG*!

oh look, david b under a new nym.

now who is the troll...

David B.

Jan 20, 2019, 3:18:35 PM1/20/19
Seems to me that someone else is on your tail at last! :-)

IIRC it was Philo who posted that 98% of what you say is BAD advice.

Yep! It was - here's the MID <q1ob4l$tam$1...@dont-email.me>

--
David B.

nospam

Jan 20, 2019, 3:19:37 PM1/20/19
In article <pI41E.11563$oQ1....@fx03.fr7>, David B. <
B"@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

> Seems to me that someone else is on your tail at last! :-)

nope. it's you and you alone, and your smiley is clear proof who is the
troll here.

Troll Finder

Jan 20, 2019, 3:23:01 PM1/20/19
Philo is right. You ARE wrong, dopey!

Bill W

Jan 20, 2019, 3:29:15 PM1/20/19
Do you really have no idea at all how creepy you are?

Commander Kinsey

Jan 20, 2019, 3:37:11 PM1/20/19
What do you have against David?

Commander Kinsey

Jan 20, 2019, 3:38:03 PM1/20/19
I'm only 43, and it took me less than forty seconds, so there!

David B.

Jan 20, 2019, 3:39:13 PM1/20/19
"Creepy"? NO, no idea at all.

I try my best to deal in facts. Have I made an error, 'Bill W'?

If it helps, I do believe in what I call 'the greater consciousness of
mankind' - it often provides me with what others call 'insight' and I
have an ability to 'read between the lines' too.

--
David B.

nospam

Jan 20, 2019, 3:54:56 PM1/20/19
In article <L%41E.75868$fJ4....@fx09.fr7>, David B. <
B"@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

> > On Sun, 20 Jan 2019 20:18:28 +0000, "David B." <"David
> > B"@nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

> > Do you really have no idea at all how creepy you are?
>
> "Creepy"? NO, no idea at all.

no surprise there.

> I try my best to deal in facts.

no you don't.

> Have I made an error, 'Bill W'?

many.

> If it helps, I do believe in what I call 'the greater consciousness of
> mankind' - it often provides me with what others call 'insight' and I
> have an ability to 'read between the lines' too.

you have no such ability.

Savageduck

Jan 20, 2019, 4:18:30 PM1/20/19
On Jan 20, 2019, nospam wrote
(in article<200120191507225186%nos...@nospam.invalid>):
Naah! I have a sneaking feeling that it might be the Santa Clara nymshifter
currently known as Arlen Holder. The minmix.net is a hint. I don’t deal
with him any more.

--
Regards,
Savageduck

Savageduck

Jan 20, 2019, 4:23:43 PM1/20/19
On Jan 20, 2019, Savageduck wrote
(in article<0001HW.21F51D1D03...@news.giganews.com>):
However, I could be wrong.

--
Regards,
Savageduck

Whisky-dave

Jan 21, 2019, 5:47:16 AM1/21/19
On Saturday, 19 January 2019 00:16:21 UTC, Commander Kinsey wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 23:51:14 -0000, Alan Browne <bitb...@blackhole.com> wrote:
>
> > On 2019-01-15 19:27, Jeff wrote:
> >> "Commander Kinsey" <CFKi...@military.org.jp> wrote in

> >> Going by the still and not seeing the video I would assume the Borg is a
> >> chromakeyed background since the lighting is quite different on them.
> >
> > +1. Or not necessarily chromakeyed but simply separate video source
> > being merged into the principle scene.
> >
> > This is really the silliest of silly threads... oh, wait, but close.
>
> If someone is sillier than me I want to meet him.

Plenty on facebook.

David B.

Jan 21, 2019, 6:42:14 AM1/21/19
Do *YOU* have a Facebook personal, Dave?

--
David B.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 21, 2019, 7:30:27 AM1/21/19
I closed my facebook account. I failed to see the point of a friend of a friend of a friend I've never heard of showing a photo of the MacDonalds happy meal they're eating.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 21, 2019, 7:30:59 AM1/21/19
WHY do some people CAPITALISE stuff for NO reason at ALL?

David B.

Jan 21, 2019, 8:58:26 AM1/21/19
I did, of course, mean PERSONA! ;-)

--
David B. - EMPHASISING!

Whisky-dave

Jan 21, 2019, 9:05:18 AM1/21/19
Yes.

Whisky-dave

Jan 21, 2019, 9:06:36 AM1/21/19
There are options you can set, you don't have to see friends of friends posts
, you don't even have to see your friends posts.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 21, 2019, 9:06:47 AM1/21/19
Argh, I hate that word. You'll be saying "emoticon" next.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 21, 2019, 9:10:16 AM1/21/19
If I block friends of friends, and also friends, I'd see nothing. So what would be the point? Anyone I actually want to speak to, I email, phone, text, or visit in person. Why would I want to discuss things with friends where everyone can see them?

David B.

Jan 21, 2019, 9:20:46 AM1/21/19
It's an awesome facility for sharing photographs with family and
friends. The associated Facebook 'Messenger' is just as private as email
and is great for more-or-less instant chatting.

--
David B.

David B.

Jan 21, 2019, 9:22:59 AM1/21/19
>> Do *YOU* have a Facebook *persona*, Dave? [Error corrected!]

> Yes.

So what did you think of the Stonehenge image?

--
David B.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 21, 2019, 9:38:48 AM1/21/19
I've got something called "email" for that. I send the photos to precisely the people I want them to go to.

Whisky-dave

Jan 21, 2019, 10:03:17 AM1/21/19
Although I only have ~80 friends on FB most I don't see anything from, but they can messege me or contact me in a group message or post, I don't see what they have for dinner as I have seleted not to see every post they make.
I think I only have 2 friends on FB that I haven't met in real life anyway.
If you know how to use FB it can be useful, but like any method of communication you should be able to control it and I can.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 21, 2019, 10:12:57 AM1/21/19
It just seems completely pointless to me. If you want to contact your friend, why not just email them? You can send them videos or photos that way quite easily, and even to more than one friend at a time.

Whisky-dave

Jan 21, 2019, 10:13:55 AM1/21/19
I don't use FB while at work, due to cookies I don't want to see aads for the sort of things I buy at work, when I'm on FB I'm more likely be responding to music rather than electronic devices.

And as the link has disappeared from this post I won't see it.

> --
> David B.

Commander Kinsey

Jan 21, 2019, 10:24:38 AM1/21/19
Ever heard of an adblocker? I saw zero adverts on facebook.

> And as the link has disappeared from this post I won't see it.

What link?

Whisky-dave

Jan 21, 2019, 10:39:16 AM1/21/19
But what if I want all the followers of a friends band to see the video I recordeed of them, I don;t have all their email address and there might be others that liike the band that are not my friends, I might not even like them but why should that stop them from watching the video ?
VBut I do use youtube to store the video and FB to publicise it, and I don;t want 100s of people knowing my email address and I don't want their email addresses.

Whisky-dave

Jan 21, 2019, 10:42:36 AM1/21/19
I don't mind seeing ads for things I buy or use at home infact I like the idea of seeing IR filters cameras etc... I just don't want to see ads at home for stuff I use at work.

> > And as the link has disappeared from this post I won't see it.
>
> What link?

The link to the stonehenge picture that DB was refering to.

It is loading more messages.