check these pictures out!

Dimitris Tzortzakakis

Apr 6, 2022, 8:50:29 AM4/6/22
https://www.flickr.com/photos/167258532@N02/51971170251/in/dateposted-public/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/167258532@N02/51971171186/in/dateposted-public/
both were shoot on the weekend before lent, in Siteia, both in its
harbor and in an archeological site, near the seafront. Foma bulk
classic 100, and Ilford Multigrade RC, BTW my ilford multigrade
developer has turned totally brown from oxidation, but still develops
totally ok!!!! Camera was Canon EOS 30 with el cheapo Tamron 28-80 zoom
lens.

Joe Makowiec

Apr 9, 2022, 10:37:39 AM4/9/22
On 06 Apr 2022 in rec.photo.darkroom, Dimitris Tzortzakakis wrote:

> https://www.flickr.com/photos/167258532@N02/51971170251/in/dateposted
> -public/
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/167258532@N02/51971171186/in/dateposted
> -public/ both were shoot on the weekend before lent, in Siteia, both
> in its harbor and in an archeological site, near the seafront. Foma
> bulk classic 100, and Ilford Multigrade RC, BTW my ilford multigrade
> developer has turned totally brown from oxidation, but still
> develops totally ok!!!! Camera was Canon EOS 30 with el cheapo
> Tamron 28-80 zoom lens.

Using digital, I get used to either edge-to-edge crispness or total crap.
Thus, I was kind of surprised to see the relative softness in the
background of the first image.

I like the composition in the second, with the gull behind the boat. The
tonal range in that is good, too - like an example in a Zone System
explainer.

--
Joe Makowiec
http://makowiec.org/

Dimitris Tzortzakakis

Apr 22, 2022, 9:26:06 AM4/22/22
Στις 9/4/2022 5:37 μ.μ., ο/η Joe Makowiec έγραψε:
> On 06 Apr 2022 in rec.photo.darkroom, Dimitris Tzortzakakis wrote:
>
>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/167258532@N02/51971170251/in/dateposted
>> -public/
>> https://www.flickr.com/photos/167258532@N02/51971171186/in/dateposted
>> -public/ both were shoot on the weekend before lent, in Siteia, both
>> in its harbor and in an archeological site, near the seafront. Foma
>> bulk classic 100, and Ilford Multigrade RC, BTW my ilford multigrade
>> developer has turned totally brown from oxidation, but still
>> develops totally ok!!!! Camera was Canon EOS 30 with el cheapo
>> Tamron 28-80 zoom lens.
>
> Using digital, I get used to either edge-to-edge crispness or total crap.
> Thus, I was kind of surprised to see the relative softness in the
> background of the first image.
>
> I like the composition in the second, with the gull behind the boat. The
> tonal range in that is good, too - like an example in a Zone System
> explainer.

thanks a lot for the feedback. back in the day I took a couple of good
shots. Here is exactly the same photograph taken with a digital camera
so you can make direct comparisons.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/167258532@N02/52021885679/in/dateposted-public/