Download Amibroker 6.30 Full

Rikke Greenlee

Jan 25, 2024, 12:28:19 PMJan 25
I came across a strange behavior when I ran the same piece of code on two different machines having different version of amibroker ( 6.30.5 vs 6.00.2). I am getting very different backtest results. The below code is extracted only to reproduce the issue, please do not look at the logic of it. ( on both machines I ran the backtest on qqq , 5 min chart from a given from and to date ( 01/01/2021 to 01/03/2022). Datasource is iqfeed. Database/Analysis settings are the same on both instances

download amibroker 6.30 full

Download Zip https://t.co/JbnJPVdAXk

Actually it is more than larger address space.

In current incarnation (version 6.30) AmiBroker 64-bit uses completely different (modern) compiler Visual C++ 2017, while 32-bit version uses legacy Visual C++ 6. There are significant differences in how code is generated between the two, including foremostly the use of SIMD (single instruction multiple data) instructions by 64-bit and auto-vectorization of certain loops causing that some functions are significantly faster. Check "ReleaseNotes.html" for details.

That is wrong. It just shows you have never used 64-bit AB before and never compared it with 32-bit of same version numbers. 64 bit AB was faster than 32-bit on certain operations years ago already before 6.3! We have already tested at old Yahoo boards years ago. And several people (including me) observed that 64-bit being around 20 to 30 % faster than 32-bit AB (e.g optimization running 10 hours on 32-bit AB but same one running 2 to 3 hours less on 64-bit AB). That was around 2012 and later. I do not think 6.30 existed that time, did it? No, exactly right, I know for a fact that back then there were versions 5.5 and 5.6 available. So that is based on actual own tests of people but not based on some hearsay. So better do not make your own facts based on nothing but copying or assuming. The reasons for 64-bit AB being faster than 32-bit AB don't matter much. For the end user only thing mattering is 64-bit has been faster than 32-bit AB on certain operations (for many years already).

A sometime ago I wrote a plugin to handle some things that were difficult to do with AFLs. Life was good. Upgrades were never a problem. Currently I was using 6.20 and had no issues. Recently I decided to upgrade to 6.30.5. When I did my plugin was not recognized. If downgraded back to 6.20, life was good again. Was wondering if there is a log with more information about why the plugin was not recognized with 6.30? Because it's been a while since I have played around with plugins I really could not remember about logs. After looking at documentation I still have not found out how to debug this issue. BTW, I have a software background and I am very familiar with C++ etc. Can someone point me in the right direction?

A new official / maintenance update version (6.30.5) of AmiBroker has been released. This is basically the same version as 6.30.0 Release Candidate with some updates and fixes listed below. 64-bit version it is compiled with most recent (March 2019) version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 compiler and new runtime.

The warning is correct and your code is incorrect. The condition inside if(Lkbk>1) is NOT met and you are not calling TimeFrameExpand() which is incorrect.

See: www.amibroker.com/guide/errors/509.html

I reverted encoding to ANSI for time being in version 6.30.4 (updated links in original post). This way 100% compatibility with existing formulas that have non-English text will be preserved without need to rewrite formulas.

And answering prabudaisy question: the difference is that "release candidate" is the candidate to become official release. If no issues are found in the "release candidate" during week or two, then it becomes official release.

6.30.0 apparently causes no problems at all, so it will become official release next week or so.

This (6.30) version is a free upgrade only for users who registered AmiBroker after November 18, 2016 . Users who registered earlier, would need to purchase license upgrade. To find out the version you currently have use Account Information page at

f5d0e4f075