filter help needed

namron

Jul 23, 2003, 2:54:26 AM7/23/03
I am trying to locate screw-in (55mm) or resin (3x3") filters which
correspond to the following Rosco gel lighting filters:

PALE GOLD #08
PALE AMBER GOLD #09

Anyone have any suggestions?

Michael Scarpitti

Jul 23, 2003, 10:14:32 AM7/23/03
"namron" <nam...@tulsaconnect.com> wrote in message news:<3f1e3227$1...@news.tulsaconnect.com>...

Lens filters are not comparable to gel lighting filters. They have
different purposes. This is a VERY bad idea.

Michael Scarpitti

Jul 23, 2003, 12:19:08 PM7/23/03
"namron" <nam...@tulsaconnect.com> wrote in message news:<3f1e3227$1...@news.tulsaconnect.com>...

Filtering the light hitting your subject is not the same as filtering
the light coming through the lens, and it should never be done that
way.

Tom Elliott

Jul 23, 2003, 3:34:07 PM7/23/03
Dear Michael Scarpitti and group,

"Michael Scarpitti" <mikesc...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Never say Never. You can balance daylight film to tungsten with a filter
over the lens or huge gels (4x8 feet) and in that case it is the same thing.
However, in the case of UV filter for the white brides dress. If you wonder
why the "white" dress looks more blue than white is because the electronic
flash systems (some not all) pump out a lot of UV light that causes the
brightners of the dress to florescence and thus look blue. Putting a UV
filter over the lens will not work because it is the light heavy in UV that
causes the dress to look blue, thus you must put a large UV gel over the
flash to stop the UV light from hitting the garment in the first place, thus
no blue. Sometimes it doesn't even have to be an official UV gel, but clear
plastic is enough to stop the UV light from affecting the dress.
In the case of the original poster a filter over the lens just might produce
the end result that is wanted. Only a film test will answer that question.
Yours,
Tom

Michael Scarpitti

Jul 25, 2003, 10:23:26 AM7/25/03
"Tom Elliott" <tell...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:<xiBTa.5811$H73....@fe02.atl2.webusenet.com>...

You're agreeing with me. Did you know that?

Tom Elliott

Jul 25, 2003, 5:04:12 PM7/25/03
Yes and no.
I all depends on the problem as in the wedding gown.
GRIN ;-)