ESPM's Foxworth: I Root Against Josh Allen Because His Fans Are Patriotic Americans Who Like Dogs: "Really Concerning"

1 view

Ubiquitous

Dec 19, 2020, 11:31:32 AM12/19/20
ESPN commentator and former NFL player Domonique Foxworth said this
week that he roots against the Buffalo Bills' Josh Allen because the
quarterback's fans have "American flags" and "dogs" on their social
media.

"I am fully aware that I have biases," Foxworth said Tuesday on ESPN
podcast "The Right Time with Bomani Jones."

"And my biases are not based on Josh Allen. It's based on the people
that are defending Josh Allen," he said. "I would be 100% lying if I
said that when Josh does something dumb, a little part of me doesn't
get happy. And it's not because I don't want Josh to succeed."

"It's because the people who are telling me that Josh is the second
coming and Josh is better than everybody are people with American flags
and dogs and skulls and crossbones," continued Foxworth. ". And then if
you go just take a dip into their tweet history, it's some really
concerning retweets and likes."

"It's not about Josh," he emphasized. " . Generally, I'm pro-player and
I'm looking for ways to understand a player's position and defend a
player. But in Josh's case, it's not about him. He is the ground on
which we are fighting."

LISTEN:
https://twitter.com/TheBillsGuys/status/1337486527815766017

David Hookstead at The Daily Caller suggested Foxworth's comments
implied that Bills' fans are "racist bigots."

"[W]hat the hell is he talking about when it comes to the Twitter
history of his fans?" Hookstead asked. "Is he implying that people who
cheer for Josh Allen are racist and bigoted? It certainly sounds that
way."

"Imagine if you just picked a random quarterback and declared the
team's fan base racist because they own trucks with the American flag,"
he outlined. "You'd be laughed out of every room you stepped into. Yet,
Foxworth thinks it's a legitimate point! I'm not sure how anyone can
defend that stance. It's absolutely absurd."

--
Joe Biden went from stealing someone's wife, to stealing speeches, to
stealing money, to stealing an election.