coronavirus vaccine

CPKNOCHE

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
two dogs, living 1 mile apart, died within 3 days of each other. Each
exhibited malasie, poor apppetite, diarrhea and died within 48 hrs of onset of
symptoms. Interestingly, each had received coronavirus vaccine within the
prior two weeks. These were obtained from different Vets, in the same city.
Any ideas?
cpkn...@aol.com

Dogen

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
There is no way to know if these were vaccine reactions without further
information. If they were both puppies then parvovirus infection would definitely
be something worth considering - especially if any of these owners were getting a
new dog in the near future.
Physical exam findings, test results, post mortem findings and records of
vaccines administered would be very helpful in identifying the cause. Coronavirus
is an unnecessary vaccine so there is no harm in requesting pups not be given this
vaccine even if it was not the cause of death.

Dogen

Kim & the crew

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00

Dogen <do...@sympatico.nojunk.ca> wrote in message

> . Coronavirus
> is an unnecessary vaccine so there is no harm in requesting pups not be
given this
> vaccine even if it was not the cause of death.
>
> Dogen

I wouldn't call the coronavirus UNNECESSARY because I just shelled out $350
to fight corona in a shelter dog. Obviously his previous owners felt they
were unnecessary and so did several other dogs at that shelter.. I would
discuss the need for it with my vet before dismissing the need for
coronavirus.

Kim

WalterNY

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00

> I wouldn't call the coronavirus UNNECESSARY

There are no studies that show that use of the Corona vaccine reduces
morbidity or mortality. It is normally a very mild disease and is very
infrequent in terms of outbreaks. The vaccine should not be routinely
administered unless the reason is justifiable. Kennel situations might be
the only reason to request it. Basically, its effectiveness are not known.
If you don't have a situation where your dog is kenneled or is in contact
with young stressed dogs, it is unnecessary and even then many question its
use..

- no@spam.com Cyndi

Aug 11, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/11/00
If kenneling is a good reason for this vaccine, why is it that they only required Bordatella along with the standard ones? Coronavirus isn't part of the standard package.
--
Cyndi - cjm...@msn.com
Click here, not on Reply

WalterNY

Aug 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM8/12/00

"Cyndi" <cjmino - n...@spam.com> wrote in message

If kenneling is a good reason for this vaccine, why is it that they only
required Bordatella along with the standard ones? Coronavirus isn't part of
the standard package.
--
As I stated, <Kennel situations might be the only reason to request it.> I
used the term <might> and not that it is a <good reason>. Various factors

The real question involves the effectiveness of the canine coronavirus
vaccine. It is a very controversial topic. The general consensus is that any
protection that does occur after a coronavirus vaccination is probably as
short-lived as the same protection that occurs after a natural infection of
the virus itself, so it is not routinely administered. Since the symptoms
are mostly asymtomatic and most dogs only suffer very mild effects,
and the dogs usually shed it completely in a month, it is not a high
priority in most areas of the country. Puppies who are less than twelve
weeks of age who are subject to kennel situations are the a possible risk
group, but it is not a disease which has a great death rate. Most puppies,
recover after a few days of mild to severe diarrhea. But in areas deemed
high in corona virus, I have seen vets administer it more than normal.
the answer to your question is that it depends on where you live and what
your vet thinks is necessary.

**
entities other than the intended recipient is
delete the material from any computer.

This information is my personal opinion and should not be considered a
diagnosis.

test

Apr 28, 2020, 10:58:07 AM4/28/20
On Friday, August 11, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, CPKNOCHE wrote:
> two dogs, living 1 mile apart, died within 3 days of each other. Each
> exhibited malasie, poor apppetite, diarrhea and died within 48 hrs of onset of
> symptoms. Interestingly, each had received coronavirus vaccine within the
> prior two weeks. These were obtained from different Vets, in the same city.
> Any ideas?
> cpkn...@aol.com

This aged EXTREMELY well.