Coppertone kennels / Chocolate labs - anyone have experience?

Adrian

Dec 28, 2003, 2:13:24 AM12/28/03
Hi -

Regarding Coppertone kennels, specializing in Chocolate labs out of
Citra, FL. the lady's name is Nancy Stading:

I am just about to purchase a dog from these folks and I was wondering
if any of you out there have one of their pups/dogs and can tell me
anything about your experience?

Any comments woulld be much appreciated.

Thanks and have a great New Year : )

Adrian

Emily Carroll

Dec 28, 2003, 9:40:03 AM12/28/03
Remember when purchasing a Labrador puppy, the breeder should be able to
supply OFA certificates (or copies thereof) for hips, heart, and elbows, as
well as a recent (within 18 months) CERF certificate.

Any breeder that cannot provide all four should be avoided like the plague.

--
Emily Carroll
Dealing 80s Toys - Rainbow Brite - My Little Pony - More

"Adrian" <a...@djadrian.net> wrote in message

---

Suja

Dec 28, 2003, 11:22:07 AM12/28/03
Emily Carroll wrote:

> Remember when purchasing a Labrador puppy, the breeder should be able to
> supply OFA certificates (or copies thereof) for hips, heart, and elbows, as
> well as a recent (within 18 months) CERF certificate.
>
> Any breeder that cannot provide all four should be avoided like the plague.

Since I'm really not qualified to comment, here is the web page for the
breeder: http://users.mfi.net/~coppertonelabs/ There really doesn't
appear to be much information there.

Suja

Emily Carroll

Dec 28, 2003, 12:42:40 PM12/28/03
"Suja" <span...@scs.gmu.edu> wrote in message

They're the ones that advertise monthly in Dog World, Fancy, & the rest.

Haven't heard anything good, bad, or otherwise about them recently.

--
Emily Carroll
Dealing 80s Toys - Rainbow Brite - My Little Pony - More
Fluttervale Labradors: www.geocities.com/diamonds_in_her_eyes/dogs/
CPG: www.geocities.com/cyberpetgame/
4-H Club: www.geocities.com/woofsandwiggles/

Robin Nuttall

Dec 28, 2003, 6:02:30 PM12/28/03

Melanie L Chang wrote:
> Suja (span...@scs.gmu.edu) wrote:
>
> : Since I'm really not qualified to comment, here is the web page for the

> : breeder: http://users.mfi.net/~coppertonelabs/ There really doesn't
> : appear to be much information there.
>

> They seem to breed a lot. Am I reading incorrectly, or are some of the
> brood bitches identified by numbers instead of names?

Lots of things on this site would make me not want to go to them for my
puppy. Talk of "huntable" dogs but no hunting certifications or titles.
Breeding for a single color only. Breeding lots and lots of dogs. A
weird statement in their letter:

.LITTERS WITH LOTS OF HIP EXCELLENCE 24 AT THIS TIME 48 EXPECTED IN
THE SPRING............THESE ARE VERY SELECT PUPPIES THE FIRST EVER

First thing on their page is a stud dog with his stud fee advertised.
They ONLY take Visa/MC. They ship worldwide. Nothing about screening
owners. The weird names (or lack of names) on the bitches. Very few
champions in their lines yet they seem to try to say they are
champion-quality dogs.

I dunno. I just get a bit of a creepy feeling about this one.

Adrian

Dec 28, 2003, 8:46:12 PM12/28/03
Keep it coming you all...

thanks so much for your help & happy holidays!

Adrian

oldmolly

Dec 29, 2003, 1:02:18 PM12/29/03

"Robin Nuttall" <rob...@mchsi.com> wrote in message

I have never heard of them as I am in UK, but by our standards I would
class these people as puppy farmers.

kirb...@gmail.com

May 22, 2014, 2:40:46 AM5/22/14
I purchased a puppy from this breeder several years ago. Was only allowed to see 2 puppies to choose from despite placing large deposit months before its birth. I asked to see the entire litter and both parents - was denied told at 3pm that all the dogs were sleeping. The dog I received must have been the runt, because now he's fully grown and only weighs 62 pounds if that. Constant skin, ear, teeth & eye problems. Diagnosed w/Cushing's disease and IBS. There is something wrong w/hips (probably arthritis) and has little to no muscles in either of his hind legs - very expensive vet bills! Was so aggressive with my own child, neighborhood children and ALL animals that I neutered him, but not before being required by the breeder for their permission in writing to do so. Cannot take him to doggy daycare, or even the dog park, he's still that embarrassing even though he's fixed. Took him to 5 trainers who advised me to demand my money back, he was and remains impossible, untrainable, or housebroken.

Sandra Cowles

Apr 15, 2023, 11:03:20 AM4/15/23
Purchased 1 Choco named Reese
Wonderful disposition