Another unprovoked Chow attack!

1 view

PaperBoy

Oct 3, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/3/97

On Fri, 03 Oct 1997 11:33:39 -0700, Tom H <thu...@ncube.com> wrote:

> We have a 3 year old Male Keeshonden (neutered) and we absolutely adore him.
> He has been a wonderful family dog. He is totally non aggressive and
> has a very sweet disposition. Although he has been more wary and
> aggressive towards other strange dogs lately. This just started after
> he was unprovokely attacked in the park by a Chow (with my daughter
> walking him ) . He just laid down and didn't fight back, I had to
> kick the Chow as hard as I could to get him to stop.

gr...@hartingdale.com.au

Oct 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/4/97

The missive below is a TROLL just in case anyone is interested. ;-}

On 04-Oct-97 06:42:19, PaperBoy assaulted All about Another unprovoked Chow
attack!

|Sysop of Amiga's Sci-Fi BBS gr...@hartingdale.com.au Chow Chow lover! |
|Sydney, Australia. |
| |
|Founding and lifetime member: CHOW ADDICTION SOCIETY. MEMBERSHIP No. 1. |
| |
|Are you old when you enjoy a good headbanger record with others over 40?|

dogsnus

Oct 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/4/97

Actually, I wgr...@hartingdale.com.au wrote:

> The missive below is a TROLL just in case anyone is interested. ;-}

Actually, I was impressed by Petey's revealing job as a paper boy!
No WONDER the paper is always late and in the bushes...
Terri

Kenneth Cain

Oct 4, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/4/97

gr...@hartingdale.com.au wrote:

> On 05-Oct-97 06:26:27, dogsnus assaulted All about Re: Another unprovoked Chow
> attack! - Another unprovoked TROLL!
> ...maybe, according to this troller, your paper was viciously attacked? ;-}

OIC, the troller attackes paper and says the Chow did it. ;-)
Was it the Chow's paper he attacked??

--
Ken
/\ /\

The Chow says "Woof!"

dogsnus

Oct 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/5/97

gr...@hartingdale.com.au wrote:

> On 05-Oct-97 06:26:27, dogsnus assaulted All about Re: Another unprovoked Chow
> attack! - Another unprovoked TROLL!
> > Actually, I wgr...@hartingdale.com.au wrote:
> >>
> >> The missive below is a TROLL just in case anyone is interested. ;-}
> >>
> > Actually, I was impressed by Petey's revealing job as a paper boy!
> > No WONDER the paper is always late and in the bushes...
> > Terri
>
> ...maybe, according to this troller, your paper was viciously attacked? ;-}

Never thought of that. Could explain why the paper is raggedy looking
with bite marks in it...:)
Terri

gr...@hartingdale.com.au

Oct 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/5/97

On 05-Oct-97 06:26:27, dogsnus assaulted All about Re: Another unprovoked Chow
attack! - Another unprovoked TROLL!
> Actually, I wgr...@hartingdale.com.au wrote:
>>
>> The missive below is a TROLL just in case anyone is interested. ;-}
>>
> Actually, I was impressed by Petey's revealing job as a paper boy!
> No WONDER the paper is always late and in the bushes...
> Terri

...maybe, according to this troller, your paper was viciously attacked? ;-}

Kenneth Cain

Oct 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/5/97

Tony Taco wrote:

> What kind of nonsense is this?
>
> Tony

He who has understanding doesn't need an explanation.
He who doesn't doesn't deserve one!"

gr...@hartingdale.com.au

Oct 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/7/97

On 07-Oct-97 08:39:07, Tom H assaulted All about Re: Another unprovoked Chow

attack! - Another unprovoked TROLL!

TH> How is telling a true story a troll? Should I leave the dogs breed

Who said the troll below had anything to do with the truth?

TH> who attacked my dog anonymous so I don't offend Chow lovers.
TH> Sorry, but your way off base in calling this a troll.

No mate. A troll is a troll. There are no two ways about it. You are wrong.

TH> But since you brought it up, maybe you can explain what kind of
TH> dog attacks another dog with no warning. This dog didn't even sniff
TH> my dog or make eye contact or anything. He just lunged on him, and
TH> viciously tore into him. I've never seen a dog do this. Is this a
TH> characteristic
TH> of the breed or is it just this dog?

Trolling is sort of like a religion to trollers. To those who know what a
troll is, the proof is there. To those who want to defend trollers, no proof
is possible.

TH> gr...@hartingdale.com.au wrote:

>> The missive below is a TROLL just in case anyone is interested. ;-}
>>

>> On 04-Oct-97 06:42:19, PaperBoy assaulted All about Another unprovoked Chow
>> attack!

>> |Sysop of Amiga's Sci-Fi BBS gr...@hartingdale.com.au Chow Chow lover! |
>> |Sydney, Australia. |
>> |
>> |Founding and lifetime member: CHOW ADDICTION SOCIETY. MEMBERSHIP No. 1. |
>> |
>> |Are you old when you enjoy a good headbanger record with others over 40?|

TH> ------------------------------------------------------- |Why does
TH> netscape
TH> make me type all this useless text before it will send my
TH> | message???????
TH> ?
TH> ?
TH> ?
TH> ?
TH> ?
TH> ?

Tom H

Oct 7, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/7/97

OK, I'm confused here. I don't have the original "Another unprovoked Chow Attack
.." Article that you were replying to. I did write the bit about my Keeshond
being attacked by a Chow but It was in a reply to the atricle: "Re: Keeshonds"
and certainly was not a troll . I thought it was you who started this thread by
taking that excerpt out of that article and starting a new one calling the
story a troll.
If someone else started this thread with my story, then yes that was a troll,
and I don't appreciate them using my story as troll bait.
-Tom

gr...@hartingdale.com.au

Oct 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/9/97

On 09-Oct-97 01:54:11, Trotter Lymons assaulted All about Re: Another

unprovoked Chow attack! - Another unprovoked TROLL!
TL> Tom H wrote

>>I did write the bit about my
>> Keeshond being attacked by a Chow but It was in a reply to the atricle:
>> "Re: Keeshonds" and certainly was not a troll .

TL> Tom,

The below, of course, is the same old troll that always comes out about me but
I really DO enjoy pointing out just what a NEWBIE looks like which this troll
shows quite admirably.

TL> Gregh rabidly accuses everyone who posts anything even remotely
TL> negative about Chows of "assaulting" him personally. Next, he accuses

The "assault" bit is in my reply line. If, as you point out by what you type,
you have NO CLUE what a reply line is, you are a hopeless newbie without a
clue. What point is there talking to you until you have the education to
understand that which you attempt to use as a weapon?

TL> same of being a "troll". Rational, informed discussion of the
TL> well-known problems with Chow temperament is impossible with this
TL> individual. Just ignore him.

When you learn to identify what a reply line is, of course you wont look so
much like a fool. Until then, you make those of us who know what one is - and
let's face it, nearly EVERYONE else DOES - laugh at your expense. I must thank
you, once more, for the laugh. Havent had a good one at someone else's expense
since your LAST troll! ;-}

TL> Was this attack really unprovoked? Where was the owner, and why didn't
TL> he/she stop the dog?

TL> Is your dog okay now?

If you believe THIS troller, I have a bridge I would like to sell! ;-}

Tom H

Oct 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/10/97

> Tom,

> Gregh rabidly accuses everyone who posts anything even remotely
> negative about Chows of "assaulting" him personally. Next, he accuses
> same of being a "troll". Rational, informed discussion of the
> well-known problems with Chow temperament is impossible with this
> individual. Just ignore him.

I will, thanks for the advice.

> Was this attack really unprovoked? Where was the owner, and why didn't

> he/she stop the dog?

> Is your dog okay now?

The owners weren't around. What happened was this.
To get to the park we have to go through a path between
two houses. On both sides of this path are yards with
chain link fences. The chow is on one side along with
another dog. I have passed through there many times,
and every time the Chow charges the fence growling at us.
The other dogs bark, but this one growls.
I always ignore him and go by as quick as I can. This day
I let my 6 yo daughter walk the dog. She ran off about 10
yards ahead of me when she passed the Chow, and as
usual the dog charged the fence only this time when it
jumped up on the gate, the gate came open. The Chow
then lunged on my dog and started tearing in to him. I got
to him pretty quick (2 or 3 seconds) and kicked him
as hard as I could in the gut. Chows are pretty sturdy,
it felt like kicking a bag of cement. and barely fazed the dog,
but it did stop attacking my dog. It then turned and faced me
and started growling at me. Luckily there was a big stick
next to me, so I picked it up . The Chow stood there for a
couple more seconds and must have decided it didn't
want to be hit by a stick and calmly turned and walked away,
which was good since the stick I had was rotted and broke
into pieces when I dropped it. While I was standing
there facing the Chow, I was yelling, hoping that the owners
would hear. Later I went to their house but nobody was home.
I did call the Animal control, but I have no Idea what happened. I
have since noticed that the have a rope tying the fence shut.
I also started carrying a squirt gun with ammonia in it. It took about
three direct hits in his face on three different occasions before
he quit his charging at the fence when we walked by.
My dog came out OK. I got there quick enough before the
Chow could do any real harm. He did have some marks on his
neck but they were minor.

-Tom

Brian Hardesty

Oct 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/10/97

Wow! That sounds like an awful experience! Better be real carefeul
about the squirt gun...the owners sounds like typical rednecks, and
might shoot YOU (with a real gun) if they thought you were "shooting"
their dog. I had some typical chow-owning rednecks as neighbors once,
and their dog would actually come onto my own front porch and begin
snarling and growling at me thru the screen door. I had to keep my
kids indoors and borrow my brother's pistol and carry it between my
house and driveway in order to defend myself from the dog . Finally, I
moved after the redncks threatened to kill my kids if I shot their
dog!

I dunno, maybe there's a few ok chows, but I've met maybe 30 or 40,
plus many at dog shows, and I've NEVER met one that acted normal. They
seem like they have a perpetual chip on their shoulder, and menacing
other people and dogs is their favorite pastime. My personal
experience is that the breed is just plain mean as a whole.

A friend of mine is a vet tech and she says that chows are by far the
most vicious breed she's ever dealt with.

Well, good luck, and glad your dog's ok.

Kenneth Cain

Oct 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/11/97

Brian Hardesty wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Oct 1997 12:10:25 -0700, Tom H <thu...@ncube.com> wrote:
[...]

> A friend of mine is a vet tech and she says that chows are by far the
> most vicious breed she's ever dealt with.

Well hey there Stormy,

What's with the fake email address? So it's Brian now huh?
what happened to Camilla Ticker? Oh, I forgot. She got busted
with her phony "Chow kills infant" story.
BTW, My Vet says she has more problems with Cockers than any other
breed.
--
Ken

Kenneth Cain

Oct 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/11/97

Trotter Lymons wrote:

> Tom H wrote
>
> >I did write the bit about my
> > Keeshond being attacked by a Chow but It was in a reply to the atricle:
> > "Re: Keeshonds" and certainly was not a troll .
[...]

Tom,

This is the troll that used your post for flame bait.
Trotter Lymons, Brian Hardesty, and Paperboy are the same
person.

Check out the headers on all the replies with fake email
addresses and note where they come from. ie;

The problem is this person wants to blame the breed instead
of the dog's idiot owners. I seems to be too much of a mental
stretch for her to realize what the real problem is.
And she talks about stupid red-necks.
nah... she's just a troll.

Ken

Tom Hummel

Oct 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/11/97

Thanks for explaining what happened. I never saw
the post that started this and thought my original post was
the one being called a troll. I agree with you
that the problem is with the owner. Owners who don't
take the responsibility to understand how to handle a
particular breed are likely to have a problem dog no
matter what the breed is.

-Tom

Kenneth Cain wrote:

`
`
`
`
`
``
`

gr...@hartingdale.com.au

Oct 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/12/97

On 11-Oct-97 06:04:12, Brian Hardesty assaulted All about Re: Another

unprovoked Chow attack! - Another unprovoked TROLL!

BH> A friend of mine is a vet tech and she says that chows are by far the
BH> most vicious breed she's ever dealt with.

Well that sure as sox must mean it is true, eh? Ptooi!

My vet is not "a friend of mine" but just someone we use for our dog's health
when needed. He has 4 other families with Chows come and see him apart from
ours and his comment was that he wished all other dogs that came and saw him
were as regularly well behaved as the Chows are.

In fact, last weekend I took the adult female and 17 week old male pup to the
park for a walk where they were beseiged by adults and kids. The pup did "sit"
and "come" for the kids and went on walks on the lead with them while the
adult just sat there and took hugs, kisses and pats. We were positively
DEMANDED by the children to bring them back THIS weekend. No problems, no
worries at all.

While there ARE Chows who need to be corrected/behaviour trained, it is FAR
from even CLOSE to the majority of them that are like that and of those who
ARE like that, in almost every case it is because of mistreatment.

gr...@hartingdale.com.au

Oct 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/12/97

On 12-Oct-97 15:32:50, Tom Hummel assaulted All about Re: Another unprovoked

Chow attack! - Another unprovoked TROLL!

TH> Thanks for explaining what happened. I never saw
TH> the post that started this and thought my original post was
TH> the one being called a troll. I agree with you
TH> that the problem is with the owner. Owners who don't
TH> take the responsibility to understand how to handle a
TH> particular breed are likely to have a problem dog no
TH> matter what the breed is.

TH> -Tom

Tom,

....which is right. You can identify TROLLers and plain FOOLS without a clue
in 2 easily identifiable ways:

1) TROLLS are usually identifiable by checking the path and sometimes the from
areas of the message in question. This DOES mean that you have to know who the
trollers are and this isnt always the case, especially to new people to RPD
groups.

2) Anyone who has the absolutely idiotical stance of saying an entire BREED is
bad for whatever reason. Anyone with ANY sense at all has known bad
individuals within breeds and good ones as well. If ALL were bad, they couldnt
possibly have known GOOD ones.

Many people put Pit Bulls down yet at a dog show once, I saved one from
choking to death when it's idiot owner went off to gossip instead of looking
after the poor thing. I approached it carefully, naturally, as it didnt know
me but it saw what I was attempting to do and licked the heck out of my face
in thanks. Naturally I had a go at the owner as did a few other nearby people.

The way people go on about BREEDS in here is only an outlet for their RACISM
which they now cannot give vent to, in public. Why NOT pick on breeds of dogs?
If they bite back, they get destroyed and if they dont, they cant defend
themselves with logical argument, can they?

The pity is that people doing this dont stop to think that they are doing ALL
dogs harm. Dogs dont deserve the crap some people put on them, not the least
of which is the unthinking "popular view" reacting Govts legislating against
BREEDS attempting to use "Top 10 biters" lists to prove their point. Such
lists are about as based in reality as Cinderella!

Aleeyah

Oct 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM10/16/97

BH> A friend of mine is a vet tech and she says that chows are by far
the
BH> most vicious breed she's ever dealt with.

My vet is not "a friend of mine" but just someone we use for our dog's

health
when needed. He has 4 other families with Chows come and see him apart
from
ours and his comment was that he wished all other dogs that came and saw
him
were as regularly well behaved as the Chows are.

As a vet tech, IMHO, the worst breed to work with is ownerati ignoramus,
and thier hellish, yet, blameless companion canis uneducatedus. I've
never had a consistant problem with any one breed of dog, only with
uneducated dogs owned by uneducated owners, especially with the "throw
the dog out in the yard, leave it there, don't talk to it, don't mess
with it, except to toss it some food" group.

Marie

Kingsley Hernandez

Jan 15, 2023, 6:58:46 PM1/15/23
AVAILABLE NOW. REDUCED PRICE.CHOW CHOW PUPPIES FOR SALE*** 🤍

We have a stunning litter of chow chow puppies available to go to their forever homes. They have been raised to be very sociable and around lots of household noise. They are gorgeous little bundles of fur and love attention and cuddles. They will be excellent family pets and have also been socialized with children whilst growing up.

https://skychowchowhome.com/

We are small family breeders that specialize in raising the highest quality and confirmation of the Chow Chow breed. It is very important that trust and the health of puppies are met at a high standard when adopting a new family member

All puppies comes as
*KC registered
*5 weeks free insurance
*Vet Checked