Video about Australia's most impounded dog

Blulu

Apr 27, 2004, 7:40:40 PM4/27/04
Hi Everyone! Sometime in the last decade I saw - I think on PBS - a
movie or video that was about dogs in Australia. It looked at various
dog behaviors and was very funny. But the main feature was a wonderful
dog named Fugly whose owner wouldn't shut him in the house when he
went
to work. Fugly knew his way to all the shops, and knew the shop
owners.
So he would make his "rounds" while his owner was at work. Everyone
knew and liked Fugly. But one local politician had it in for Fugly.
And whenever he
saw Fugly, he would call the dog catcher. The dog catcher knew Fugly
well, and he would pick up Fugly and Fugly would ride around in his
van
on his rounds with him. Then he would be put in the pound and his
owner
would come and get him and pay to spring him from the dog slammer.
But the owner wouldn't keep Fugly from the explorations he was
obviously
enjoying. The owner clearly loved Fugly very much. Fugly was
apparently
"the most impounded dog in the history of Australia." I have searched
for this video and can't find it. It's hard searching because the name
Fugly draws some pretty "off" stuff. Does anybody out there know the
video I'm talking about or is anyone able to think of some next steps
I sensibly take in looking for it??
Thanks.

flick

Apr 27, 2004, 11:01:30 PM4/27/04
"Blulu" <reasonsw...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

Here it is (you might have to copy and paste the link):

http://www.directcinema.com/dcl/title.php?id=109&list=403,360,40,41,44,47,49,181,144,72,76,208,188,204,195,92,94,246,102,105,109,110

flick 100785

---

FurPaw

Apr 28, 2004, 11:03:57 AM4/28/04
Blulu wrote:

> Hi Everyone! Sometime in the last decade I saw - I think on PBS - a
> movie or video that was about dogs in Australia. It looked at various
> dog behaviors and was very funny. But the main feature was a wonderful
> dog named Fugly whose owner wouldn't shut him in the house when he
> went
> to work. Fugly knew his way to all the shops, and knew the shop
> owners.

I remember seeing this! Fugly was quite a dog, wasn't he?

Can't help you with the video, but thanks for sparking the memory.

FurPaw

panac...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2020, 1:52:46 PM4/29/20