Cat loves to play on smelly socks

di...@earth.medcolpa.edu

Jun 29, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/29/95

Am I the only person who has cats that love to roll around and massage their
bodies in dirty smelly socks. The smellier the better it is for them. Many
times I've gone to pick them up and kiss their heads and they smell like feet!
Am I alone???

ma...@andy.pp.fi

Jun 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/30/95

U >Am I the only person who has cats that love to roll around and massage their
U >bodies in dirty smelly socks. The smellier the better it is for them. Many
U >times I've gone to pick them up and kiss their heads and they smell like
U >feet!
U >Am I alone???

Nope, I regularly have to search my socks (almost every morning),
because one of my cats carries it in his mouth while meowing like crazy
(usually at 4 AM).
Maybe I should change my socks more often :=)

It's like Mikko thinks the sock is his baby, he often takes it to the
food or water bowl!

Hi from Finland.

If I say so, it must be true...
___
* UniQWK v4.1 * The Windows Mail Reader

>> SlipStream Jet v1.014 (Unregistered) - (C) 1995 PBE

Mike Danseglio

Jun 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/30/95
ma...@andy.pp.fi wrote:

>U >Am I the only person who has cats that love to roll around and massage their
>U >bodies in dirty smelly socks. The smellier the better it is for them. Many
>U >times I've gone to pick them up and kiss their heads and they smell like
>U >feet!
>U >Am I alone???

My cat Kleo enjoys waiting until I go to bed, then dragging my dirty
socks in her mouth to my bedroom door. Once there, she sits on them
and meows until get up and pet her. At that point, she runs away to
find more socks. I've even seen her go into my hamper to get socks!
(not usually where my dirty socks are :)

-Mike

Misa Lin

Jun 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/30/95

My housemates leaves his socks around (YUCK!) and I cought his
cat sleeping on it once. He was just cuddling next to it.
It was kind of weird, he never play with it, he just use it like
a pillow. It was kind of strange.

In <1995Jun2...@earth.medcolpa.edu> di...@earth.medcolpa.edu writes:

>Am I the only person who has cats that love to roll around and massage their

>bodies in dirty smelly socks. The smellier the better it is for them. Many

>times I've gone to pick them up and kiss their heads and they smell like feet!
>Am I alone???

Message has been deleted

WODWO

Jul 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/2/95
In article <3t19nd$j...@darkstar.UCSC.EDU>, mi...@cats.ucsc.edu (Misa Lin) writes:

>My housemates leaves his socks around (YUCK!) and I cought his
>cat sleeping on it once. He was just cuddling next to it.
>It was kind of weird...

You think *that's* weird..
I have a friend whose cat chews the armpits
out of his clothing. (Gets into the nice, warm,
stinky washing basket...)
Truly bizarre.

WODWO
wo...@matai.vuw.ac.nz

Rebecca Kelly

Jul 4, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/4/95
WODWO (burg...@blade.wcc.govt.nz) shared with us all:

My kitten is truely sick. He *loves* to play with dirty underwear and he
loves to lick and snuggle sweaty armpits. What a gross cat.....

- Rebecca and the sick and twisted Doogie....

--
\
/ `.-~~--..--~~~-.

nyssa@st-arnld.mv.com@mv.com

Jul 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/5/95
In <DB7wK...@yseda.DIALix.oz.au>, ama...@yseda.DIALix.oz.au (Amanda Kettlestring) writes:

>: >U >Am I the only person who has cats that love to roll around and massage their
>: >U >bodies in dirty smelly socks. The smellier the better it is for them.

One of my cats is bonkers for my husband's smelly t-shirts. When they are
really sweaty and gross she will rub her body all over them and drool.

Jennifer =^.^=

Amanda Kettlestring

Jul 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/5/95

: >U >Am I the only person who has cats that love to roll around and massage their
: >U >bodies in dirty smelly socks. The smellier the better it is for them.
(SNIP)
Two of our six cats go beserk over my boyfriend's smelly clothes.They will
pound the clothes with their front paws, roll around in them and DROOL ! The
only time either of them dribbles (both desexed females BTW), is when
they find some smelly clothes.
~ Amanda Kettlestring ~ Always remember........... ~
~ ama...@yseda.dialix.oz.au ~ Children are really only ~
~ Sydney Australia ~ Pet substitutes........ ~

Chenaya Strutton

Jul 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/5/95
AK>: >U >Am I the only person who has cats that love to roll around and massage

>eir
>: >U >bodies in dirty smelly socks. The smellier the better it is for them.
>(SNIP)

No, you're not. I posted awhile ago to find out if there was another
cat like my roommate's cat, Jasper, who is a very large black and white
neutered male that we caught as a wild kitten in a bass net. He likes
dirty socks better than catnip....rolls over with them in his paws, rubs
them on his face, goes completely nuts over them. I think he'd do the
same thing with dirty underwear if we left them where he could get them.
He also rubs and rolls on shoes. The other day he left a catnip toy for
dirty socks.

Chenaya

---
* OLX 2.1 TD * That's me. Roadkill on the information superhighway.

Kari 1234

Jul 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/5/95
not only does one of my cats love to roll in dirty socks, when my
ex-husband comes over and takes his shoes off, my cat sticks her whole
head in the shoe! yuckkkkk!

Ann Ruminski

Jul 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/6/95

We have a Russian Blue cat named Sophie who does the same
thing with my husband's shoes. She sticks her whole head
into them, bites and rubs against them and chews the laces.
"Fresh" shoes right after he gets home from work is definitely
better than catnip in her mind. She never pays any
attention to my shoes though, just his.

Ann Ruminski

Byrdman

Jul 7, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/7/95
Kettlestring) writes:

>: >U >Am I the only person who has cats that love to roll around and massage
>their

>: >U >bodies in dirty smelly socks. The smellier the better it is for them.

One of the two toms sharing the house with my parents has a
near-fetish for my socks when I go home. In fact, this cat seemed to have a
near-fetish for my feet in general! To tell you how much he liked my socks,
he inched into our laundry room--which he has some type of irrational fear
of--to retrieve one of my socks, which he then proceeded to rub his face all
over. Again, he is the part-Siamese one.

In strange but wonderful balls of fluff,
David Byrd
deb...@tntech.edu

Message has been deleted

Sherri Refcio

Jul 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/9/95
My cat loves rolling in my smelly work socks, but has no interest in any
other socks, just my socks from work! My other cat, however, has never
shown an interest in socks.

cper...@kean.ucs.mun.ca

Jul 9, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/9/95
In article <XT4X8c...@hakatac.almanac.bc.ca>, sim...@hakatac.almanac.bc.ca (Tina Dockendorff) writes:

> ny...@st-arnld.mv.com@mv.com writes:
>
>> In <DB7wK...@yseda.DIALix.oz.au>, ama...@yseda.DIALix.oz.au (Amanda Kettles
>> >
>> >: >U >Am I the only person who has cats that love to roll around and massage
>> >: >U >bodies in dirty smelly socks. The smellier the better it is for them.
>>
>> One of my cats is bonkers for my husband's smelly t-shirts. When they are
>> really sweaty and gross she will rub her body all over them and drool.
>>
>> Jennifer =^.^=
>
> My cat has the embarrassing habit of sniffing smelly shoes. Whenever we
> have company he goes straight for their shoes after they take them off
> and inhales deeply (gross)

And I thought I had the only cat who freaks out over shoes. Nice to know I
am not alone!

Cheryl

Kim Ann Innes

Jul 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/10/95
> sim...@hakatac.almanac.bc.ca (Tina Dockendorff) writes:
> ny...@st-arnld.mv.com@mv.com writes:
>
> > In <DB7wK...@yseda.DIALix.oz.au>, ama...@yseda.DIALix.oz.au (Amanda Kettles
> > >
> > >: >U >Am I the only person who has cats that love to roll around and massage
> > >: >U >bodies in dirty smelly socks. The smellier the better it is for them.
> >
> > One of my cats is bonkers for my husband's smelly t-shirts. When they are
> > really sweaty and gross she will rub her body all over them and drool.
> >
> > Jennifer =^.^=
>
> My cat has the embarrassing habit of sniffing smelly shoes. Whenever we
> have company he goes straight for their shoes after they take them off
> and inhales deeply (gross)

I used to have a cat that LOVED my shoes & socks. When I got home,
especially in the summertime, he'd wait until I took my shoes off & then stick
his head inside one of them. As soon as I pulled my socks off, he'd lay down,
grab one of them between his front paws, and hold the sock over his nose and
purr really loudly. Sick isn't the word! It sure was cute, though, and I miss the
guy really bad, even after 12 years....

Even worse than smelly shoes/socks, though, are the cats who go for armpits
(not the clothes, but the armpits themselves!) My neighbor's cat loves to nurse
on his armpit while he's sleeping! He wakes up with a wet slimy cold mess; a
rude surprise when he puts his arm down to his side!

Kim (tig...@fastlane.net)
http://www.fastlane.net/homepages/tigger/
"The Constitution is not perfect, but it's
a helluva lot better than what we have now!"

rsc...@cnsvax.albany.edu

Jul 10, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/10/95
>Kettlestring) writes:
>>
>>: >U >Am I the only person who has cats that love to roll around and massage
>>their

>>: >U >bodies in dirty smelly socks. The smellier the better it is for them.
>>
> One of the two toms sharing the house with my parents has a
>near-fetish for my socks when I go home. In fact, this cat seemed to have a
>near-fetish for my feet in general! To tell you how much he liked my socks,
>he inched into our laundry room--which he has some type of irrational fear
>of--to retrieve one of my socks, which he then proceeded to rub his face all
>over. Again, he is the part-Siamese one.
>
>In strange but wonderful balls of fluff,
>David Byrd
>deb...@tntech.edu

Hi,

My cats do the same thing. My boyfriend is a landscaper. When he comes home
and undressess, my cat Connie Byrd runs right for this cloths and rolls
around in them. After she's done rolling she sleeps on his cloths. If you
take them away, you'd regret it. She cries until they're taken out of the
happer. Of course we do this because she's crazy spoiled. My cat is a red
tabby with gold - rust eyes. Being so beautiful you wouldn't think she has
such a gross habit!!!