Re: OT: Gold aluminum plus isopropyl alcohol equals purple color?

Corvid

Sep 26, 2021, 3:38:27 PM9/26/21
7/22/21, 6:40 AM, John Doe writes:
> https://www.flickr.com/photos/27532210@N04/?
>
> I don't know what that is, so I don't know whether anybody here has
> any idea what it is.
>
> Purina Fancy feast cat food cans, the top is gold colored aluminum. I
> usually wipe the inside corner with a few drops of isopropyl rubbing
> alcohol.
>
> The paper towel always turns out pinkish, purpleish. What is that? It
> does NOT come from the label. The label is nowhere near the wiped
> area.
>
> Some sort of coating on the aluminum seems strange, but I cannot
> imagine what else would discolor the paper towel. A reaction between
> the aluminum and isopropyl alcohol seems like a remote possibility,
> but I really have no idea.
>
> The gold color is made with paint?
>
> Thanks.

The idiot posted this to a *metalworking* group!

John Doe

Sep 27, 2021, 1:30:30 PM9/27/21
A nym-shifting stalker, usually "Corvid" also "Charger Boy", still sore from being spanked in (sci.electronics.repair)...

see also...
=?UTF-8?Q?C=c3=b6rvid?= <b...@ckbirds.org>
=?UTF-8?B?8J+QriBDb3dzIGFyZSBOaWNlIPCfkK4=?= <ni...@cows.moo>
Banders <sn...@mailchute.com>
Covid-19 <alway...@message.header>
Corvid <b...@ckbirds.net>
Corvid <b...@ckbirds.org>
Cows Are Nice <co...@nice.moo>
Cows are nice <m...@cows.org>
Cows are Nice <ni...@cows.moo>
dogs <do...@home.com>
Edward H. <dtga...@gmail.com>
Edward Hernandez <dtga...@gmail.com>
Great Pumpkin <pum...@patch.net>
Jose Curvo <jcu...@mymail.com>
Local Favorite <how2r...@palomar.info>
Peter Weiner <dtga...@gmail.com>
Sea <fres...@coast.org>
Standard Poodle <stan...@poodle.com>
triangles <bu...@home.com>
and others...

--
Corvid <b...@ckbirds.net> wrote:

> From: Corvid <b...@ckbirds.net>
> Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
> Subject: Re: OT: Gold aluminum plus isopropyl alcohol equals purple color?
> Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 12:38:25 -0700

Edward Hernandez

Sep 27, 2021, 2:12:59 PM9/27/21
The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id
<sdhn7c$pkp$4...@dont-email.me>:

> The troll doesn't even know how to format a USENET post...

And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id
<sg3kr7$qt5$1...@dont-email.me>:

> The reason Bozo cannot figure out how to get Google to keep from
> breaking its lines in inappropriate places is because Bozo is > CLUELESS...

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has itself posted yet another
incorrectly formatted USENET posting on Mon, 27 Sep 2021 17:30:28 -0000
(UTC) in message-id <sisv3k$n4a$4...@dont-email.me>.

Edward Hernandez

Sep 29, 2021, 9:10:50 AM9/29/21