Honey baked ham: OK for cats to eat

FragSinatra

May 13, 2012, 3:00:09 AM5/13/12
My mom's cat is always harrassing me for some honey baked ham whenever I
make ham sandwiches out of it. Is it OK to give him some? I know not
to give cats anything w/chocolate or onions but that's about it.

Thank you in advance.

Will in New Haven

May 14, 2012, 10:22:23 AM5/14/12
On May 13, 3:00 am, FragSinatra <perh...@not.com> wrote:
> My mom's cat is always harrassing me for some honey baked ham whenever I
> make ham sandwiches out of it. Is it OK to give him some? I know not
> to give cats anything w/chocolate or onions but that's about it.
>
> Thank you in advance.

Sometimes honey-glazed ham will have raisins on it. In that case, I
won't give it to a cat but I'm not _sure_ that is a problem. I know
raisins are a no-no for dogs and I figure, why risk it.

Otherwise, I have given a small amount of honey-glazed ham ot a cat
off and on and I don't think it's a problem.

--
Will in New Haven

Amelia T Cat

May 14, 2012, 11:33:51 AM5/14/12
On Sun, 13 May 2012 07:00:09 +0000, FragSinatra wrote:

> My mom's cat is always harrassing me for some honey baked ham whenever I
> make ham sandwiches out of it. Is it OK to give him some? I know not to
> give cats anything w/chocolate or onions but that's about it.

I would think that it should be ok in moderation.

Mosey =^..^=

May 14, 2012, 3:07:24 PM5/14/12

"Amelia T Cat"
I agree with Amelia, and also don't give a cat raisins, grapes or anything
with garlic in it.

FragSinatra

May 14, 2012, 3:21:08 PM5/14/12
"Mosey =^..^=" <Mosey@M&M..yeUP> wrote in
Thank you Amelia and Mosey.

He's a good cat but he loves ham for some reason (he can smell it
from 6' away). I'm beginning to think he likes bacon too.

Gramby

May 14, 2012, 3:24:47 PM5/14/12
The problem with ham, is the same as with humans, the salt. Just be sure
there is plenty of fresh water and only a little bit at a time.

Will in New Haven

May 14, 2012, 4:45:28 PM5/14/12
On May 14, 3:24 pm, "Gramby" <olelady...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem with ham, is the same as with humans, the salt.  Just be sure
> there is plenty of fresh water and only a little bit at a time.

Diss "moderamatiom" and "onlee a will bit at a time" doo GNOT belong
on diss nosegroop.

--
Wascal, da immoderate

Gramby

May 14, 2012, 6:46:51 PM5/14/12
Oh Wascal, I iz sorrrie but da gramby sayz tu much salt iznt gud for kitties
or hoomans. Cidez dat, dere iz neffer enuf ham for mineslefz. Piglett with
O T shaking his head in agreement.

"Will in New Haven" wrote in message

Storrmmee

May 15, 2012, 7:30:48 AM5/15/12
garlic shouldn't be a problem the old TED perscribed powdered garlic on the
wet food to help fight fleas, soft
"Mosey =^..^=" <Mosey@M&M..yeUP> wrote in message
> [...]

Storrmmee

May 15, 2012, 7:31:31 AM5/15/12
hey hoomin bakum iz itz own catfud grup!!! OEJ
"FragSinatra" <per...@not.com> wrote in message

Pipps =^..^=

May 16, 2012, 7:05:44 PM5/16/12
We don't get any ham, da salt in it it is too much, and our humans don't
eat it either.
Hopes this helps!!
Pipps

"FragSinatra"

Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

May 17, 2012, 12:09:29 AM5/17/12
Meowmee gav me sum ham frum hommayd split P soop.
I snift it an wokt uhway.
Nottid so wiff laffink kow cheze, tho! I wuv dat, buttid I juzt
get uh liddul.
--
Pitô.ônya

"Pipps =^..^=" <Mosey@M&M..yeUP> wrote in message

Storrmmee

May 17, 2012, 11:22:34 AM5/17/12
soft likez dat cheeze, OEJ
"Pi2nya AKA Sweetee" <Pi2...@mineowntruheowm.meow> wrote in message

Mosey =^..^=

May 17, 2012, 10:29:45 PM5/17/12

Moemie wikez mozurela cheez. Mosey

>soft likez dat cheeze, OEJ

MLB

May 19, 2012, 4:37:41 PM5/19/12
TuTu begged me for some of my ham (sandwich) today but I later found she
has upchucked it throughout the house. She needs "same old/same old Food
day after day so she doesn't send it back. MLB

FragSinatra

May 24, 2012, 3:01:28 PM5/24/12
"Storrmmee" <rgr...@consolidated.net> wrote in news:a1et6uFdh1U3
@mid.individual.net:
LOL.

Bacon also has a lot of fat so it's not healthy for felines or humans!

Storrmmee

May 24, 2012, 3:48:01 PM5/24/12
guess if you are on atkins its ok, soft
"FragSinatra" <per...@not.com> wrote in message

Mosey =^..^=

May 24, 2012, 11:30:37 PM5/24/12

weh dunt git iny bakum nor ham..nope, n our Meowmie duznt eet ham nor bakum
cuz hur hazta
wach hut salt intayk. Paw wikes bakum n ham tho, but nawt tu mutch uf et.
Mosey

>guess if you are on atkins its ok, soft

"FragSinatra"
> "Storrmmee
>
>> hey hoomin bakum iz itz own catfud grup!!! OEJ
>> "FragSinatra

Mosey =^..^=

May 25, 2012, 12:04:06 AM5/25/12
Pore TuTu, hurking dat ham up..datz wai weh dunt git iny eerhtur.

Mosey fur his Hous.