How To Fix MacOS Catalina 10.15 Stuck On Apple Logo On VMware Fusion

Mellissa Sprock

Dec 3, 2023, 3:24:10 AM12/3/23
I had the latest mojave which worked with an extra AFPS partition I installed Catalina from the Apple store it went thru the installation and when it rebooted is stuck at the reboot apple logo, how to go back to mojave?

yeah same thing here. Installed mojave, installed the beta, downloaded the update, installed, rebooted and now it's just hanging at the black screen/apple logo. Probably due to vmware fusion not knowing what else to do...

How to Fix macOS Catalina 10.15 Stuck on Apple Logo on VMware Fusion
Download https://tlniurl.com/2wHKac

Just updated another virtual machine to Catalina without any problems. I am use unlocked Vmware workstation 15.1 on windows 7 x64 host. I started update with 10.13.6, virtual hardware version 15, guest OS type is macOS 10.13. First I removed vmware tools. It is only precausion, but vmware tools may contain incompatible kexts. I installed beta profile, then downloaded Catalina installer from AppStore. The I started installation. After first reboot was kernel panic (apple logo without any disk and processor activity). I shutdowned virtual machine, change it type to Windows 10 x64 and started it again. Installation was continued automatically. After next reboot virtual machine can not boot, I saw boot manager from EFI. I shutdowned it, changed type to macOS 10.14 and started it again. Installation was continued and finished without any problems.
eebf2c3492