what did I get myself in to??

SILK4ME356

Jul 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/2/98

Hi gang,

Well, I thought I would share with you all, the events in my house the past few
hours. My folks are going out of state on vacation, decided not to take Dakota
(my dad's B&G Macaw) with them, Sooooooo, guess who gets to birdysit? Yup,
its me. I guess, things will be allright, Dakota does like me, she trys to
feed me all the time, and kisses and cuddles like crazy. But I have noticed
that Cody (my B&G Macaw) seems a bit jealous allready. I have decided to take
each bird out seperately, and give each their own face to face playtime. But
needless to say, my family room is wall to wall newspaper and seed. We have
allready had a screaming contest this morning, and I have listened to 20
minutes of "I love you" by Cody and "shut up" by Dakota. All I can say is the
next 2 weeks may prove to be very interesting,,,,,,,,

Christine & Cody (My feathered treasure)
Do unto others, and run like hell. Be careful I might run faster than you.

Alex Clayton

Jul 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/2/98

Sounds like you will be busy!! Birds are just like kids. They should
calm down after a bit. As long as both get plenty of love you should
make it through a couple weeks with your sanity intact.{:-)

"You live and learn. Or you don't live long.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity."
>Lazarus Long

CricketRAH

Jul 2, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/2/98

>From: silk4...@aol.com (SILK4ME356)

>We have
>allready had a screaming contest this morning, and I have listened to 20
>minutes of "I love you" by Cody and "shut up" by Dakota. All I can say is
>the
>next 2 weeks may prove to be very interesting,,,,,,,,

You betcha! When I babysit Culo, it is usually for 2 to 3 weeks at a time! HA
HA! It is crazy around here! We love it though, I spoil her and then give her
back to mom and dad!
Cricket

Melanie Russell

Jul 3, 1998, 3:00:00 AM7/3/98

Oh dear dear dear.....
very interesting indeed.
I take it that Cody and Dakota are males, and you get to be *theirs*, and
theirs alone. Very interesting 2 weeks, I hope your being paid.
I have a simaler situation right now. But I'm kitty sitting 3 of our 5
kittys, (2 went to the cottage with mom, 2 sisters and 2 dogs). I've got
one older grumpy kitty, one liad back surfer personality kitty, and one
young kitten that is both full of energy and laid back all at one. Just me
and them for 5 days..... Zimmer and Clover (our budgies) are being angels.
And I'm particularly proud of the fact that I've only destroyed part of the
house so far, but my youngest sister didn't need her own room anyway, and
I've allways wanted a window in that wall.... ( <g>, it's 3am, I'm sleepy,
and ergo, slightly silly tonight, er.. this morning, er, tonight? well
anyway, I'm babiling now.., ignore me..).
ttyl
-Melanie
alt...@email.msn.com
<199807021415...@ladder03.news.aol.com>...